Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

funstar 3d?

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

funstar 3d?

Old 05-25-2013, 05:34 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: funstar 3d?

ORIGINAL: nitro wing

It's a basic no frills set up
, those servos are adequate but nothing
Special and marginal for a bigger plane with
A more aggressive pilot,
Get what you can , but don't argue the
Fact that its easy to spend 2 k $ on a fully
Equipped 30cc with ease ok?
Im not lol chill out, I agree, I could easily spend more than that if I wanted to, but I'm not trying to spend as much as I possibly can.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:58 PM
straitnickel

Go to YouTube to get an idea of what there capable of.
Tower discribes it as a good 3rd plane or first 3d, not a bad plane for the money.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:12 AM
raydar

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

ZacharyR,s suggestion of getting a large 3d profile foamie from rcfactory is the best advise on here if your serious about learning 3d and specially so if you are on a budget.

Sure a 3dhs slick will 3d but a $1000 dollars plus setup will seriously slow down your learning curve by the fact you cannot afford to crash that setup, and crashings part of learning 3d. If you are on a budget what are you gonni do if you do crash your 30cc plane, can you afford to replace it straight away?. foamies are long lasting and even when they are worn out they are cheaply replaced.

Save for your 30cc (go straight to a 50cc if you can) for next year, get a foamie for this year.

I fought against owning a foamie for ages, but they really are the best 3d learning tool.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:53 AM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: raydar

ZacharyR,s suggestion of getting a large 3d profile foamie from rcfactory is the best advise on here if your serious about learning 3d and specially so if you are on a budget.

Sure a 3dhs slick will 3d but a $1000 dollars plus setup will seriously slow down your learning curve by the fact you cannot afford to crash that setup, and crashings part of learning 3d. If you are on a budget what are you gonni do if you do crash your 30cc plane, can you afford to replace it straight away?. foamies are long lasting and even when they are worn out they are cheaply replaced.

Save for your 30cc (go straight to a 50cc if you can) for next year, get a foamie for this year.

I fought against owning a foamie for ages, but they really are the best 3d learning tool.
I wouldn't be 3ding the slick until I was very comfortable with 3d and had learned on something as you and others suggested, I still want to save for one but I can also get a foamie, or I could get a mojo and save for the slick while i'm flying it. Thanks for the advice!
Old 05-26-2013, 01:38 PM
zacharyR
My Feedback: (5)

what you don't undersand and what others don't know because they fly straight up crap like aphoneix extra is

A 89 slick will MAKE you shine ! FACT ! not openion .. like openion of the big stick being unlimtted 3d a 89 slick does it all vary easy and stable

granted you cant smake it on the ground but sadly that's the leraning cruve you have to over come the wallet / fear factor that's why I said a tough foamy and a gasser but realsitckly not everyone has that budget hense why you don't see 89 slicks all over the flying field

but I grantee you that plane will make you look better then you really are flying
Old 05-26-2013, 02:18 PM
hsukaria

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: zacharyR

what you don't undersand and what others don't know because they fly straight up crap like aphoneix extra is

A 89 slick will MAKE you shine ! FACT ! not openion .. like openion of the big stick being unlimtted 3d a 89 slick does it all vary easy and stable

granted you cant smake it on the ground but sadly that's the leraning cruve you have to over come the wallet / fear factor that's why I said a tough foamy and a gasser but realsitckly not everyone has that budget hense why you don't see 89 slicks all over the flying field

but I grantee you that plane will make you look better then you really are flying
Where did you learn to read and write English? Are schools that bad in Florida?

If you read the original post, the OP was not asking for unlimited 3D. By the nature of the fact that he was asking for information about a small, low cost plane, you can assume that he is interested in some 3D performance. So, you could get some limited 3D performance out of a whole range of planes that have enough power, wing area, control surface deflection, and rear-ward CG.

Old 05-26-2013, 06:59 PM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: hsukaria

ORIGINAL: zacharyR

Where did you learn to read and write English? Are schools that bad in Florida?

If you read the original post, the OP was not asking for unlimited 3D. By the nature of the fact that he was asking for information about a small, low cost plane, you can assume that he is interested in some 3D performance. So, you could get some limited 3D performance out of a whole range of planes that have enough power, wing area, control surface deflection, and rear-ward CG.

Correct, I was just looking for something that's fun to fly that has a light wing loading and capable of at least some 3d when I wanted to try something. Regardless of what I end up doing there's lots of good information here so thanks everyone.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:37 PM
hsukaria

I think all the planes that have been suggested, including the Funstar, are decent 3D planes. The Stik is not necessarily a 3D plane, but I suggested it because it could do some limited 3D.

Since you already have a Stik, how do you have it configured? What engine and prop?

You could tweak it a bit by putting a 3D prop (bigger diameter and smaller pitch) on it and moving the CG as far back as recommended in the manual. Then, when the plane is high enough, switch over to high rates and try a few tricks. That might get you by until you get the real 3D plane that you are hoping for.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:47 PM
zacharyR
My Feedback: (5)

huskra or whatever Stop posting in 3D forum you have no idea what your talking about , stop giving miss infomation

and that's a fact !
Old 05-26-2013, 08:00 PM
t-max97

Ok guys that's enough lol no need for it. The stick has an evolution .46nx with a mas 11x6 and balanced where the manual suggests (3 inches behind the leading edge If I remember right). It will hover for a few seconds before it starts to fall.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:01 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Any plane can hover, a stick, a cub, a jet, who cares, 3D is way beyond that level for the last 10 years now..
set a budget, be it 500, 1000$ or 2500$, 5500$. then get what works within that range, 200$ foamy can be as much fun as a 2000$ 50cc plane , really.

BUT, there is a big difference.. a 480size Eflite sukhoi will not give anywhere near the performance ( overall) or exitement a 50cc gasoline Sukhoi would do, take the PAU for example, but it will take 2500$ to make it go hard.

Dont try to fly a performance 30cc at under 1000$, you will have chosen poor parts and set up, it can be done, but its a piece of crap low entry level machine, which cant do the stuff you want, cause its outfitted with lame parts for the job.
Then you will upgrade and spend another 50%
upgrade again and seng more $$$

My Buddy Zach likely agrees, and is tired of repeating the same message now..
Old 05-27-2013, 04:39 AM
straitnickel

I've been looking for a good foamy for a while now so I checked out Twistedhobbies, went ahead and ordered their crack lazer.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:03 AM
t-max97

ORIGINAL: nitro wing

Any plane can hover, a stick, a cub, a jet, who cares, 3D is way beyond that level for the last 10 years now..
set a budget, be it 500, 1000$ or 2500$, 5500$. then get what works within that range, 200$ foamy can be as much fun as a 2000$ 50cc plane , really.

BUT, there is a big difference.. a 480size Eflite sukhoi will not give anywhere near the performance ( overall) or exitement a 50cc gasoline Sukhoi would do, take the PAU for example, but it will take 2500$ to make it go hard.

Dont try to fly a performance 30cc at under 1000$, you will have chosen poor parts and set up, it can be done, but its a piece of crap low entry level machine, which cant do the stuff you want, cause its outfitted with lame parts for the job.
Then you will upgrade and spend another 50%
upgrade again and seng more $$$

My Buddy Zach likely agrees, and is tired of repeating the same message now..
I know that, I wasn't suggesting it was 3d.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:37 PM
wyo69cowboy
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: straitnickel

I've been looking for a good foamy for a while now so I checked out Twistedhobbies, went ahead and ordered their crack lazer.
Now THERE's a good plan of attack! A good foamy, and a good balsa profile, are great learning tools that are MUCH easier on the wallet, so you can fly your pretty 30cc and up plane later with less fear of damage to the wallet
Old 05-28-2013, 04:56 PM
straitnickel

Exactly, I have a Lanier 87" extra I want kept in one piece, but I'm looking forward to the day I can wring it out. I'm hoping to get some of the 3d techniques down pat first with the foamie. My sim doesn't give me much room to learn 3d. Although I did learn to fly on it, the best $200 I ever spent
Old 06-05-2013, 03:57 AM
straitnickel

Since I spoke-up about a said foamie I should speak-down also.
Next one will be from Tower and save my money.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:26 AM
hsukaria

Here's a unique small 3D model: http://shulmanaviation.com/product_i...oducts_id=1807

Also, here are some more small 3D profiles from Value Hobby that are reasonably priced: http://www.valuehobby.com/airplanes/...html?limit=all

However, my experience with the Electrifly Silhouette from Tower was mixed. If flew great, but the structure was very flimsy and started to fall apart before I ever flew it!!!!