Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Sensored ESC for a SCTE

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 12:56 AM
cirec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sensored ESC for a SCTE

So far I have looked at these. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._10th_ESC.html http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...nsorless_.html It will go with a Novak 550 4.5 motor. Right now I'm using a Mamba Max Pro and it's struggling. It was in a 2WD SC10. In the SCTE it didn't even move the truck. I added a BEC to it and it worked but the power is inconsistent and it pauses while I'm in full throttle sometimes. Now it doesn't even move the truck anymore. I press the throttle all the way in and the truck moves a few inches and then stops. The green light on the ESC is on so the ESC is receiving the signal to go forward.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:22 AM
cirec

Default RE: Sensored ESC for a SCTE

Sorry a sensored ESC for a SCTE is pretty broad. I'm looking for a budget ESC. Like under $100.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Delta63

Ill be getting the X-car 120A esc in about a week. It will be able to handle the 4.5T motor.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:17 AM
cirec

Please tell me how it is once you have used it. It didn't get good reviews here. http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...=178340&page=2
Old 05-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Delta63

ORIGINAL: cirec

Please tell me how it is once you have used it. It didn't get good reviews here. http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...=178340&page=2
I will be running a 6.5T motor. I'll tell you how that goes.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Delta63

The box came in today with about $300 worth of other stuff. I'll tell you how the ESC performs.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:52 PM
cirec

I ordered this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...s_Car_ESC.html two weeks ago. I haven't received it yet. What car are you putting that ESC in?
Old 05-29-2013, 04:40 AM
Delta63

I ordered this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...s_Car_ESC.html two weeks ago. I haven't received it yet. What car are you putting that ESC in?
I will be running it in a TLR 22.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:07 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like something is going on.... Maby a loose wire from the ESC to motor

But then again it's not the best ESC for. 1/8th 4x4 SCT..... 2wd SCT sure... It's fine.

A 60a ESC is plenty, don't know about a 120a or even 150a... The punch settings might not be as suited for ur application...

Deffinatly wouldent recomend one on a 2WD

Bit late now but Hobby Wing have some extremely reliable ESC that might be worth looking into next time.

Happy RCing
Old 06-03-2013, 08:10 AM
Delta63

I've ran my 6.5T and ESC combo for 3 days now. The ESC didn't heat up that much even when I did lots of speed runs. I threw in a 3s later and it went NUTS. The ESC was pretty hot though so I used it sparingly, otherwise on a 2s LiPo it was great. The acceleration is nice and smooth, but the brake is quite weak. I had to tweak that almost up to the limit with my pogramming box. Overall, for $35 it's definitely worth the money.

Im posting this on my phone, disregard any weird wording.

Danny
Old 06-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Delta63

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Sounds like something is going on.... Maby a loose wire from the ESC to motor

But then again it's not the best ESC for. 1/8th 4x4 SCT..... 2wd SCT sure... It's fine.

A 60a ESC is plenty, don't know about a 120a or even 150a... The punch settings might not be as suited for ur application...

Deffinatly wouldent recomend one on a 2WD

Bit late now but Hobby Wing have some extremely reliable ESC that might be worth looking into next time.

Happy RCing
You can change the settings with the Turnigy Programming Box.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:16 AM
cirec

I tried the ESC I got in my SCTE and it takes a while for it to pick up speed. I can't even do some of the jumps at my local track. It's a indoor track designed for 1/10 and smaller cars. I hope it's just not programmed right from the factory. I don't want to spend more money on the programming card. I'm hoping I'll find someone with one that will let me borrow it.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:45 AM
Delta63

I tried the ESC I got in my SCTE and it takes a while for it to pick up speed. I can't even do some of the jumps at my local track. It's a indoor track designed for 1/10 and smaller cars. I hope it's just not programmed right from the factory. I don't want to spend more money on the programming card. I'm hoping I'll find someone with one that will let me borrow it.
Your slipper clutch might be loose. Try tightening it up.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:45 AM
cirec

Well I took out the sensor wire and ran sensorless. It didn't have problems accelerating anymore. How do I tighten the slipper? I didn't even know a SCTE had a slipper clutch. While I was running the truck, it made some weird noise and it wouldn't move for a few seconds. Someone held my truck down while I pressed the throttle and he said the slipper was loose.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Delta63

Look it up on google.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Delta63

ORIGINAL: Delta63

Look it up on google. Tighten the slipper clutch a few turns at a time. Sounds like it is VERY loose.