Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

H.L. Pershing with TK-22/Benedini combo

Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

H.L. Pershing with TK-22/Benedini combo

Old 06-06-2013, 12:47 PM
strmnd54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H.L. Pershing with TK-22/Benedini combo

I decided, this spring to upgrade my H.L. Pershing to 2.4 Ghz.

I went for the Clark TK-22/ Benedini combo, an idea that was first proposed by Dan (Battle Armor RC) and successfully tested lately by reyemmanuel.

<o></o>

I had a Hobby King HK-T6A V2 transmitter, already programmed to emulate the H.L. TX. (Thanks to Curtis, from Immortal Hobbies) and Dan’s instructions for coupling the TBS-mini to the Clark board made my system almost “plug&play”.

<o></o>

My personal touch was the addition of an acoustic smoker, driven by the Benedini engine sounds; and the anti “brown out” rewiring of the power supply.

<o></o>

Here’s some wiring diagrams and a couple of videos of my tank showing indoors and outdoors operations.

<o></o>

(Notice that within a radius of ten feet, the sound is loud enough to cause the camera’s microphone to distort. A comparison between the noise of the gearboxes and the engine sounds gives a better idea of the volume.)

youtu.be/IeYTrxyAtzw

youtu.be/c0EZeLC7oF0
<o></o>

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48111.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1889381   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24221.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1889382  
Old 06-06-2013, 01:23 PM
strmnd54

Default RE: H.L. Pershing with TK-22/Benedini combo

I had to change the format of my power wiring diagram to post in here...Here we go...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14633.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	1889386  
Old 06-06-2013, 03:28 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That looks good. I really like the smoker output while the tank is starting.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:24 PM
FreakyDude

we should aspire to this type of work. great job
Old 06-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Shark27

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks and sounds great outdoors, indoors too many hard surfaces reverberating the sound. I like the smoker operation too.

Steve

Old 06-07-2013, 07:42 PM
CHIEFSONN

Great job on the tank,like the sound and the smoker, I do have a question each time you started it up i noticed it did not go straight to start but that you had to turn over the engine two more times before it continued to run before you then brought up the rps. I only ask in count that I seen someone else start there tank and it did the same hen he to was showing his acoustic smoker. and the wiring schematics is fabulous. and while I checked out your transmitter setup I might have to check into this setup. I like the way it is setup on your transmitter, It's not much different from how I run my Tamiya's using a Futaba. I like!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:11 AM
strmnd54

The engine sounds (including the start sequence) have been programmed by Dan (YHR) on the TBS-mini...
I love the way it sounds right now. Later on, once I feel comfortable with the system; I might try to personalize the sound using my own files. That's the beauty of the Benedini system: It's versatile...

The transmitter has been Programmed by Curtis Freakydude) last spring to mimic the H.L. transmitter controls...

The other fellow who posted videos with the acoustic smoker might have been myself, when I tested a new version of the smoker; while setting up the my TK-22/ Benedini combo...

If someone else is using an acoustic smoker, I would like to know about it and share some results; sometimes I run out of ideas .