Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Russian Yak-130. Ultimate accuracy

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Russian Yak-130. Ultimate accuracy

Old 06-08-2013, 12:55 AM
pilot43
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Russian Yak-130. Ultimate accuracy

New cinema from Rusjet Team. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haxJk...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-08-2013, 03:07 AM
osvaldopv
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Russian Yak-130. Ultimate accuracy

EXTREMELY AWESOME !
Old 06-08-2013, 07:46 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

There is no doubt that this is an incredible model. It's going to be nearly impossible to beat the Yak this year in JWM. The jet is simply stunning. This project was one of a kind never seen before in the history of model aviation. It's at a level that individual modelers only dream of. I can't wait to see how they top this project when the model maxes out on all of the trophies it can win (and it definitely will). They will have a very hard time making a new model better. Because, how do you improve on perfection?

LoL time will tell.

Andy
Old 06-08-2013, 07:58 AM
lookilook

Awesome job guys!! The problems you faced during the production and at JWM and the solutions you came up with proves the team spirit !! waiting for part ii
Old 06-08-2013, 10:15 AM
pilot43
My Feedback: (3)

In this season Yak will better. The Rusjet Team has found the new reserves for perfection and you this sees!
The Second part - please!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...=y_dIW_f6YwI#!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Hustler58
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know much about WJM, but is there any other teams where this is their full time job? This a EXCELLENT Plane! But there is also one heck of a lot of time and money spent.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Art ARRO
My Feedback: (5)

Hustler 58,
Don't know if the otherJWM teams are full time jobbers of scale jets. What about David Shulman on TEAMUSA? The JWM rules don't specify any job requirements for the entries, only model weights of 13.5 Kg and 20 Kg for the 2 classes flown. ARF's are acceptable as well as hired builders. Check the rules at www.ijmc and details of the 16 country teams at the 10th JWM link within that site. Incidentally, the proper name is "Jet World Masters" not "World Jet Masters" - a very common mistake even by former competitors.

Art ARRO
Old 06-09-2013, 04:13 PM
hotspot 01

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Full time for two years if you can do it why not.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:21 PM
AndyAndrews

IMO, the JWM should consider doing what Top Gun does and have different classes.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:40 AM
Art ARRO

Andy,
With all due respect, the JWM is to chose the "best of the best" in scale jet aeromodeling at a world level class. Why would you want to introduce Pro-Am, Sport or Fun Scale classes to this competition?

Art ARRO

Old 06-11-2013, 06:15 AM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: Art ARRO

Andy,
With all due respect, the JWM is to chose the ''best of the best'' in scale jet aeromodeling at a world level class. Why would you want to introduce Pro-Am, Sport or Fun Scale classes to this competition?

Art ARRO

With all due respect, Top Gun is also considered world wide as the "best of the best". And the way Frank evolved this competition over 25 years is very good. In Top Gun, a competitor has a chance to grow and improve himself and they have an opportunity to become the "best of the best" just like Dave Wigley has done for the past three years. Or, if you want to spend a ton of cash and join a team in Top Gun you can. If the overall finished product is worthy enough then they can win the coveted "Top Gun" award. But, this is only given based on all of the factors involved and at least the "individuals" competing have the opportunity to take top prize for their category. The Masters Class, for instance, encourages contestants who design, build, engineer and fly their own aircraft of their own creation to compete. They aren't competing against corporations or governments with large stacks of cash. They are competing against the "Best of the Best" in what I would call "individual excellence".

By no means am I advocating that the JWM have a Pro-Am, Sport or fun scale class, although these lower classes are, in my opinion what keep the Top Gun event thriving.

That being said this is all just my opinion. The amount of money spent and jets being built by teams of builders verses individuals, has definitely been a discussion among a few JWM competitors I spoke to in Dayton. Individuals who built their own jets without the vast resources of a large company or governments tossing in endless amounts of funds are concerned about the fundamental fairness of the event. There is no way that individual's can compete against teams with the amount of money being spent today. Once you introduce the kinds of unlimited resources to a project, it separates itself from virtually all other competitors in the event, especially the individuals who design, build and fly their own models.

Let me be clear, I'm not saying this is necessarily a bad thing. I think it's really neat! But there is a down side. JWM are going to see people who may have previously considered being in the event drop out. Because what is the use of competing as an individual (not team) if one has no chance at all to be able to win? For me, there is the comradery and excitement of being able to compete in the JWM "with" but not "against" these types of entrants. What other competitors have told me though, the competition (in competition terms) is diminished by these overwhelming odds. What are they competing against? Cash? Anyone with the next million bucks lying around can win. And maybe that is what the JWM wants to be. If so, that is fine I guess. We can see one or two teams compete with each other every year. Cool! Just don't try to call it a valid competition among 50-60 competitors because there is no competition at that point. It becomes how much cash does a team have verses how much individual building skill or flying skill a person has. This is why many propose classes or at least a team class verses in Individual class. One can still compete on a world class level with multiple classes.

All in all, I am proud to be able to compete in the JWM on the USA team. And I am honored to fly with my team mates and other top competitors around the world. IMO though, our best hope is to take the Team award, baring any catastrophe (and I wouldn't wish that on anyone). And winning that award would be awesome if we can do it! I do hope that one day the JWM committee would consider at least dividing up the competition in a way that allows individuals the opportunity to compete fairly against similarly advantaged competitors thus separating the high rollers in their own division and call it what it is. A team effort. But if they don't I guess I'm good with that too. The bottom line for the future of JWM is that the entrants will determine whether or not this competition will remain viable. If the numbers of entrants goes down due to never having a chance to win, the JWM will again be forced to make adjustments in the rules to keep it viable. Just like they have in the past.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Art ARRO

Andy and All,
The JWM does have a Team Trophy for the highest scoring pilot and constructor (builder).  Entries in this class do not receive a Designer Bonus of 100 points max, equally divided between Vintage Jet and Originality of their entry.  The Builder of the Model (BOM) rule was dispensed with in 2008 as there was no way to enforcing this.  This allowed Teams, of a builder and a pilot, to compete against others but at a 100 point loss across a total score of 3000 points, split 1500 for static and 1500 for the flying portion of the competition. Any "deep pockets" Team would still have to excel at the flight portion to win against the other Teams.
I think you may be confusing the Team competiton with the Nations Trophy where the top 3 combined (static and flight) scorers for any country are totaled and counted against the top 3 of all the other countries for their respective weight classes. 
If you feel that the current JWM system in unfair, then feel free to submit a rules change prposal to the IJMC for consideration.  Just ensure that any proposals can be enforced.  Frankly, I don't see how a monetary limit can be enforced in building a jet model for this competition.
It is true that Tiano's Top Gun Invitational scale competition has thrived over 25 years but he constantly fine tunes the rules for the entrants.  The Pro-Am classes were a big boost to the entries and I feel his Master class will prosper also.  However, Frank does not have to reach rule consensus across multiple countries that are part of the IJMC. 

Art ARRO
Old 06-11-2013, 12:21 PM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: Art ARRO

Andy and All,
The JWM does have a Team Trophy for the highest scoring pilot and constructor (builder). Entries in this class do not receive a Designer Bonus of 100 points max, equally divided between Vintage Jet and Originality of their entry. The Builder of the Model (BOM) rule was dispensed with in 2008 as there was no way to enforcing this. This allowed Teams, of a builder and a pilot, to compete against others but at a 100 point loss across a total score of 3000 points, split 1500 for static and 1500 for the flying portion of the competition. Any ''deep pockets'' Team would still have to excel at the flight portion to win against the other Teams.
I think you may be confusing the Team competiton with the Nations Trophy where the top 3 combined (static and flight) scorers for any country are totaled and counted against the top 3 of all the other countries for their respective weight classes.
If you feel that the current JWM system in unfair, then feel free to submit a rules change prposal to the IJMC for consideration. Just ensure that any proposals can be enforced. Frankly, I don't see how a monetary limit can be enforced in building a jet model for this competition.
It is true that Tiano's Top Gun Invitational scale competition has thrived over 25 years but he constantly fine tunes the rules for the entrants. The Pro-Am classes were a big boost to the entries and I feel his Master class will prosper also. However, Frank does not have to reach rule consensus across multiple countries that are part of the IJMC.

Art ARRO
Yes Art you are correct, I was confusing the Nations Trophy with team competition. Thanks for correcting me on that. I had forgotten or didn't know about the Team Trophy for the pilot and constructor. I thought it was just a category for adjusting scores accordingly giving a designer (albeit weather on a team or individual) the bonus. I need to re-read the rule book. Its been quite awhile since I have.

You have a point about being able to enforce a monetary limit. I agree with you that it probably couldn't be enforced and even if it could, I'm not sure it's a good thing to do anyway. I'm just saying that teams of people who are able to do this utilizing a full time staff of engineers, builders and designers for two years on full time salaries has a definite advantage over your individual builder and there might need to be a separate class for those folks. That's all.