Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

RCMPlans: I paid, they haven't delivered

Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

RCMPlans: I paid, they haven't delivered

Old 06-05-2013, 03:57 PM
RH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCMPlans: I paid, they haven't delivered

In the past I have seen posts on this forum from folks who have wondered if RCMPlans is still in business. People have indicated that although it might take a couple of weeks to have an order filled they are still up and running. However, after my recent experience I'm not so sure that is the case.

On April 24th I was able to speak with a woman from RCMPlans by phone and she assured me that they were still very much in business. I then placed an order for three items through their web site. On April 25th a charge for the full amount showed on my credit card account. As of today, June 5th, I have not received what was ordered, nor have I received any communication from RCMPlans advising me of the status of the order.

For several weeks now I have been trying to contact them by phone and e-mail without success. All of my e-mails have gone unanswered. Attempts to contact them by phone are met with no answer, and no opportunity to leave a voice mail. However, it appears that they are not interested in speaking with customers. Last week when I tried their number I actually had a busy signal. I kept dialing until I finally got through but still no one answered. That happened twice within a few minutes, so apparently someone is there but is simply not answering the phone. That does not give me much confidence in their operation.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar negative experience with RCMPlans. I'm about to contact my credit card company to see if they can reverse the charge for the items I've never received.

I should also point out that they provide a link to a page on their site called "Buyer Beware" that cautions prospective buyers about others who have been ripping off their products. It's unfortunate that I'm having to raise a similar caution about them. Should they decide to respond in this venue or privately, and agree to send me what I paid for immediately, I'll be more than happy to remove this post from this forum.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:44 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RCMPlans: I paid, they haven't delivered

They are SLOW. 100s of these threads. Most all get the plans, just not fast. They still in the 80's.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:26 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Try this thread... they feel your pain... The lady started shipping again, then apparently stopped...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11525934

Bob
Old 06-06-2013, 06:26 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 262 Likes on 230 Posts

My theory is they ship by Pony Express but with only one Shetland pony that is slightly lame.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:35 PM
RH

I guess I should have done my homework before I went to the trouble of typing up that long post to start this thread. Unfortunately before I ordered originally I was was able to get through by phone and the lady gave me the "warm and fuzzies" so I placed the order. My problem now is I'm not looking for plans. I ordered the publications on rebuilding Saito and OS four strokes. Who knows whether they still have those in stock so I'll just have to wait and see. I haven't been able to find any other sources for those pubs.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:20 PM
DanSavage
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: FlyerInOKC

My theory is they ship by Pony Express but with only one Shetland pony that is slightly lame.
Due to unforseen circumstances, delivery of your shipment has been delayed...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38443.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	1889426  
Old 06-08-2013, 05:59 PM
STEVEB

I am in the same position and have had the similar results. One would think that, with as many RC'ERs that frequent this site, one would personally know these folks and kind of urge them along. But then, if cows had wings..........
Old 06-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Profile Pilot

I am just glad they still offer the plans. I am about to put in an order for at least 3 sets of plans. I am not in a hurry for the projects to start. They should surely be here by the time the winter building season gets here!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 04:18 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe, maybe not.....

Bob
Old 06-17-2013, 09:16 AM
limeybob
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: N1EDM

Maybe, maybe not.....

Bob
I say NOT!!!

Been trying to contact them for a couple of weeks. Nothing.
I use their plans for my laser cut kits.
I plan to ship a set of plans free of charge with each laser cut kit.
comments
limeybob