Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX-7 Dual Aileron Programming

Old 06-08-2013, 04:26 PM
cougar347

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX-7 Dual Aileron Programming

I know it's something simple that I'm overlooking, I just can't figure it out. New airplane, dual aileron servos. DX-7 radio. Everything is hooked up exactly as the manual states. Right aileron goes to AIL port, left aileron goes to AUX port on receiver. Flaperons enabled. Like I said, I went by the book.

Problem is that the ailerons are reversed and nothing I do will change it. When Ii want the right aileron to go up, it's going down. I went into the servo reversing menu and tried every combination of reversing that I could come up with, and none of it made any difference. Same problem, ailerons reversed.

So I found the Spektrum manual on line and found the section pertaining to dual aileron/elevator servos. Lots of information, including step by step directions of how to program for this. Some stuff didn't make sense, but I followed their directions exactly, guess what, it got worse. The ailerons were now hooked together-both up, both down. Very frustrating. What's even more frustrating, is that this is not the first airplane I have on this radio with dual aileron servos. I've programmed dual ailerons before and it's worked, it just won't work this time.

Could there be an inherent problem with this particular model selection on my radio? Should I abandon this model selection completely and go to another one and try it all over again? I read about a "model reset" that you can do, but for the life of me, I can't find in the manual how to do this.

Has anyone encountered anything like this?
Old 06-08-2013, 06:09 PM
jzrf6c

Default RE: DX-7 Dual Aileron Programming

Did you select the proper "wing configuration" ?
Old 06-09-2013, 02:58 AM
cougar347

Yes. As I mentioned, you have to activate "flaperons" for the dual ailerons to function.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:32 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cougar347

I know it's something simple that I'm overlooking, I just can't figure it out. New airplane, dual aileron servos. DX-7 radio. Everything is hooked up exactly as the manual states. Right aileron goes to AIL port, left aileron goes to AUX port on receiver. Flaperons enabled. Like I said, I went by the book.

Problem is that the ailerons are reversed and nothing I do will change it. When Ii want the right aileron to go up, it's going down. I went into the servo reversing menu and tried every combination of reversing that I could come up with, and none of it made any difference. Same problem, ailerons reversed.

So I found the Spektrum manual on line and found the section pertaining to dual aileron/elevator servos. Lots of information, including step by step directions of how to program for this. Some stuff didn't make sense, but I followed their directions exactly, guess what, it got worse. The ailerons were now hooked together-both up, both down. Very frustrating. What's even more frustrating, is that this is not the first airplane I have on this radio with dual aileron servos. I've programmed dual ailerons before and it's worked, it just won't work this time.

Could there be an inherent problem with this particular model selection on my radio? Should I abandon this model selection completely and go to another one and try it all over again? I read about a ''model reset'' that you can do, but for the life of me, I can't find in the manual how to do this.

Has anyone encountered anything like this?
You have posted this question in multiple threads. I just answered you in the other thread. Hope my suggestions helped.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:18 PM
cougar347

Yup, I sent it out to multiple forums, trying to get a solution. Thanks for your advice, but so far nothing has resolved my problem. Things still aren't working.

I'm going to ditch my DX-7 for this plane and revert back to my trusty old Futaba 9CAP. I will give the Spektrum tech guys a call tomorrow and see if they have a solution.

Appreciate the help.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:29 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cougar347

Yup, I sent it out to multiple forums, trying to get a solution. Thanks for your advice, but so far nothing has resolved my problem. Things still aren't working.

I'm going to ditch my DX-7 for this plane and revert back to my trusty old Futaba 9CAP. I will give the Spektrum tech guys a call tomorrow and see if they have a solution.

Appreciate the help.
I have been flying Spektrum and JR since 2007. It has been rock solid. Many of my fellow club members have had the DX7. I do not remember any issues with Flapperons. It has operated the same for many radios including Futaba, JR, Spektrum, Hitec, Airtronics, etc. I started flying RC with a Futaba 6ch and I have had many Futaba radios, the last one being the 9CAP. I sold rt hat and bought the modular JR XP9303. It is a much better radio than the 9CAP. The Spektrum module made it even better.

There is really no reason to give up on the DX7.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:47 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Did you reset the model before programming? I recently had a struggle with a corrupted model. Once I reset the model and re-programmed it, the problem went away. Also, in another situtation I had to use a wing type that was not the one that was obvious. I just changed wing type back to normal and all was well. Since, I now only use programmable servos. I now typically program the servos.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:23 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Len Todd

Did you reset the model before programming? I recently had a struggle with a corrupted model. Once I reset the model and re-programmed it, the problem went away. Also, in another situtation I had to use a wing type that was not the one that was obvious. I just changed wing type back to normal and all was well. Since, I now only use programmable servos. I now typically program the servos.
<br + 1 +1 +1
Old 07-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I take it you have flipped the servos around where they plug into the rcvr?