Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Team Associated XP3D computerized radio issue

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Team Associated XP3D computerized radio issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 07:15 AM
flameash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Associated XP3D computerized radio issue

Hello. Bought a new touring on-road car (NTC3+, RTR) from Tower Hobbies little over 2 weeks ago with XP3D radio (I suppose this is an upgraded radio because according to the box the car was in it should be different but it's not the point). I visually inspected the all items which came in the box with the car but never had a chance to take it for a drive until yesterday. As I was getting ready for the break-in of the engine I realize that the radio doesn't work. It should be an icon on the screen that shows transmitter is sending a signal according to a manual, but there is no such icon and there absolutely no reaction from the servos whatsoever, in which case I made a conclusion that there is a problem with the transmitter. Like I mentioned the car is new and I assume it is under warranty so I emailed both the seller and Team Associated support. Did not get a response yet (it's weekend) but just in case I would like to know what are possible solutions for this problem. I checked and did everything that manual suggested, looked online for solution but had no luck. My guess is problem is with the transmitter module, which brings me to another question: maybe I just need to change crystals in both receiver and transmitter? I would appreciate any responses. Thanks.P.S. Sorry, I might put words in the sentences wrong way but English is not my native language.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:04 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Team Associated XP3D computerized radio issue

I would say ask for a replacement radio, especially if the one you expected was supposed to be 2.4ghz? Anyway, in case you are stuck with it, here is a manual...

http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/di...radio.xp3d.pdf

Perhaps a pair of 75mhz crystals will solve your problems if the worst comes to worst.