Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Racing Volcano Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 09:34 AM
SpeedRCclub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Volcano Thread

Thanks a lot I will check it all again and I will tell you if I find something...
Old 05-12-2013, 09:37 AM
SpeedRCclub

I´ve noticed that when the motor stops the fuel tube has air just right in the entrance of the carburator... do you think that coul be the problem If so how can I fix it????
Old 05-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Ison8406

Check the fuel tube and the primer tube from exhuast to fuel cell as well. noticed with a used one i got someone replaced the line, and lengthened it, clipped them back into the little holders under the handle there, but was bent where it road on the spur gear, and wore a pin hole in it. Till i tracked it down, that one would run and speed up then stall from time to time. Now with that said if you get air right there, then does it speed up like its running low on fuel before it dies? Also I have learned with all my redcats now not to crip the fuel line to choke them out, but rather just pinch the air off on the filter. holding them down and doing so I have stripped almost every Diff out of my volcanos30s and Earthquakes.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Ison8406

Also speed try these settings, with settings at 3.5 complete turns out LN( the one on top), High 4.25 turns out(the screw on the side) make sure your not counting one turn as a 180. full 360 from starting point. Giving you have the SH.21 on there. The SH.18 is close to the same, just 3.75 on the high side is all thats needed. those are for Slide Carb settings as well.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:05 PM
SpeedRCclub

Ok .. and sorry but what's the starting point???? you know I´made changes and i don't knowwhat's the starting point...
Old 05-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Ison8406

Oyeah sorry, turn all the way in, the back them out.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:09 AM
SpeedRCclub

well, now it doesn't start up.....

Old 06-02-2013, 10:19 PM
AJK350Z

new to all this but i recently purchased a volcano epx and im already dying for more speed! so any suggestions? i purchased a racers edge 5000 nimh battery when i first bought it. 

what im looking for is more power to wheel but also more speed. so i can do a peel out when i press on the gas. 

any help is appreciated! 
Old 06-08-2013, 10:36 AM
smalltovey

i have a valcono epx pro and when it runs it will flash after about 20 seconds, my guess is overheating. But when i turn it off and on it will work for another 20 seconds and then does the same thing over and over again. It even did this after it wasn't used for a couple weeks. Help?
Old 06-13-2013, 09:16 AM
bbest12

Hi everyone I am new to nitro rc and have a Volcano S30. I am going to try putting a 51 tooth spur gear on my original gear reduction trans (without all the other gears). I'm going to try the original 16 tooth clutch bell for now also. The spur gear I'm getting is BS909-003. I'm hoping for more low end, not real concerned about top speed. By the way I toasted my slipper clutch so thats why I'm changing gears!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:39 PM
bbest12

To update the last post the 51 tooth sprocket does not match the tooth pitch of the clutch bell! Oh well, it was worth a try. There is just not much detailed info out there.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:31 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bbest12

To update the last post the 51 tooth sprocket does not match the tooth pitch of the clutch bell! Oh well, it was worth a try. There is just not much detailed info out there.
You can use any Hpi savage clutch bell to change your gearing. Smaller tooth will give you more low end, bigger tooth for more top speed. A two tooth smaller bell will give you a noticeable difference. Are you running bigger tires? Personally, I felt the Volcano was one of the models that was geared just right. It has decent low end and top speed. I guess if your just interested in wheelies it would be worth doing, but other than that I think you'll be disappointed with its overall performance unless you are running bigger tires and are trying to compensate for it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HPI-Raci...item4d00cced67
Old 06-19-2013, 07:29 PM
bbest12

My truck is all stock. I would just like little more low end. I mostly run it in grass, maybe if I had it on dirt or gravel I would like the stock gearing better! For my first nitro I am very pleased!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:07 PM
CallMeChris

Anyone know where I can find a parts diagram with part numbers on it?  I have a project truck I picked up that needs a few parts ordered and I want to make sure I am ordering the right ones from redcat...

Old 07-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: CallMeChris

Anyone know where I can find a parts diagram with part numbers on it? I have a project truck I picked up that needs a few parts ordered and I want to make sure I am ordering the right ones from redcat...

http://www.redcatracing.com/core/med...d7a565a9585d3a
Old 07-08-2013, 07:13 PM
CallMeChris

that will help, thanks!

Old 01-09-2014, 04:41 AM
bbest12

Originally Posted by webbl19
You can get the 13t, but you need the other tranny. I am going to order one as soon as he emails me back. I will let you know how it works if you would like.
I have Volcano s30 with the gear reduction Trans with a 14 tooth bell. Flywheel is very close to the screw for the brakes though.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:16 PM
nitro fiend

I just replaced upper, lower, front and rear a-arms and hub carriers with aluminum ones. I'm having a problem with the front left dogbone slightly comming out enough just to bind and keep it from steering. I have adjusted the ball screws so the hub carriers are as close to the a-arms as possible without binding. Not sure what else I can do??
Old 01-16-2015, 04:48 PM
bbest12

Is there a rubber o-ring inside the cup at the differential?
Old 01-16-2015, 05:48 PM
nitro fiend

I don't think so. I didn't see an o-ring on any of them.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:26 AM
nitro fiend

I was able to move the hub carrier about 1mm closer and that helped but reduced the maximum steering capabilities. I might take the dremel and grind a little of the hub out so I can get the ball head screw to go farther. This problem didn't happen until I put the aluminum parts on.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:00 PM
nitro fiend

I took my volcano out today in the snow and everything was working fine until I noticed the front wheels were not spinning anymore. So I look at it closer and it is spinning the dogbone to the front gear box but not to the wheel doggone. could my gears be stripped out? Are they plastic?
EDIT: So apparently when the front wheels stopped spinning it's because the front dogbones had bind on the fact that there is too much play between the carrier and gear box, therefore exploding the gears inside the gear box. My question now is how do I prevent this from happening again? Also I had read somewhere that I could use a small piece of gas line which I did. It didn't seem to help.

Last edited by nitro fiend; 03-01-2015 at 03:55 AM. Reason: added
Old 03-12-2016, 10:52 AM
oilking

I just bought the Redcat Racing Volcano EPX Pro 1/10th 4WD Electric Power R/C Off Road Truck. I followed the directions and got it up and running. While driving, it took a bump on the front bumper and stopped working. The only thing that works is the steering, right turn, left turn. When I push the lever forward, the red light is on and is blinking. When I push the lever back, the light is on, blinking, and a continuous siren is sounding. This is the first run. I charged it up overnight and still the same problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:32 PM
kapwinnnng

Looking for some assistance with aluminum hop up parts on my Volcano EPX Pro. I got a pair of the 122075 gear boxes, which I think were the upgrade to the 102075 aluminum gear box and the plastic 02051 gear box.

I'm still using the original diffs and drive gears. I've noticed that the mesh seems to be really tight and I can feel the gears meshing when I turn the hubs by hand. It's not something I really want to leave as-is, but there is no way that I can see to make any adjustments. There are no shims between the inner bearing and the gear, the bearings are fully set, and it didn't appear that one was thinner than the other. It seems like I just need a little more clearance in there.

The other thing I noticed is the mounting block appears to be 1mm short for the radio tray. Unless I shim them out the gap, the screws will bend the radio tray downward and probably bind up the steering linkage and mess up the gear covers on the rear.

All of the other aluminum parts seemed to be a direct replacement with better fitment than the original plastic stuff. I suppose I'll take a few pictures and post them because it won't stay clean and pretty for long!

Thanks,

-Ryan
Old 03-14-2016, 04:35 PM
kapwinnnng

Originally Posted by oilking
I just bought the Redcat Racing Volcano EPX Pro 1/10th 4WD Electric Power R/C Off Road Truck. I followed the directions and got it up and running. While driving, it took a bump on the front bumper and stopped working. The only thing that works is the steering, right turn, left turn. When I push the lever forward, the red light is on and is blinking. When I push the lever back, the light is on, blinking, and a continuous siren is sounding. This is the first run. I charged it up overnight and still the same problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Do the motor and wheels still move freely? You should be able to push it along the floor or ground pretty easily.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.