Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

A new low from Hobby King

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

A new low from Hobby King

Old 06-15-2013, 11:00 AM
tkline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A new low from Hobby King

I am truly disappointed in the idea that hobbyking would think that these would be good enough sellers to produce them. This is not what I would want my kids and grandkids to be subjected to in what I thought was a family oriented hobby but as I have observed everyone's morals have just gone out the window and offensive crap has become the normal behavior
Old 06-15-2013, 11:08 AM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Don't and won't buy from hobby king!
Old 06-15-2013, 12:38 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

I agree that these are despicable. I also agree that they will be a big seller in a certain segment of our society because it very accurately reflects that segment's attitude toward everyone else. I can almost guarantee that none of them will show up at our field.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What is wrong with them ? Look funny to me. Besides, I've seen a lot worse real life pilots, before retiring from an aviation career.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:46 PM
ssautter

Maybe the middle-finger, in China, has a different meaning....or no meaning at all.

Why is theChinese NewYearso *expletive* long? I thought I was the center of the universe!

Old 06-15-2013, 01:54 PM
vertical grimmace

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gray Beard

Struck me as funny but I don't see myself as ever needing to do that to anyone these days. I wouldn't use one of those anymore then installing some stupid looking doll or cartoon character in one of my planes. I work too hard building them to cheapen one.
Agree totally here. I would rather leave the cockpit empty than have some stuffed animal or silly doll in there. In fact I have as there was nothing suitable for what I needed.

Thankfully companies like Best Pilots and Aces of Iron have really given us some great products.

I personally will not buy anything from HK. Kind of funny, I know some club members that look to them for everything. Even had someone brag to me about some super cheap TX they bought from them! Seriously? No way, never.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:54 PM
airboss45

it's more than sad. we [each one of us] will give an account on THAT DAY. COUNT ON IT.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:16 PM
EscapeFlyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: perreback

I wouldn't use one of those anymore then installing some stupid looking doll or cartoon character in one of my planes. I work too hard building them to cheapen one.
Aaw, now my favourite pilot is hurt...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x5iPd95g8c[/youtube]

THAT is Truly fun to watch!!!! Thanks!

Brian
Old 06-15-2013, 03:19 PM
bjackson1206
My Feedback: (2)

I think this I funny I don't think I would buy pilot figure but did go to website to look at while I was there bought 2 lipos I would of never went there today if I wasn't for this post so I guess the free advertisement on rcu has paid off for hobby king I wonder who else went there to look and ended up buying something
Old 06-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Nitro Blast

bjackson1206,

Congrats on your lipo purchase, I hope they perform for you as you expect. If they dont, you at least have the image of what they think of you as a customer, since you saw the pilots attitude.

I hope you dont need any further customer service, 'cause again, you now know what they think.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:24 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the low-information types will find nothing wrong with it....heck,they probably walk around with a T-shirt. showing the finger.   Look at all of the comments from the "Maj. Bird" pilot  and you will see the HK cheerleaders making fun of anyone who thinks it's in bad taste.  Typical for that crowd.
I made a choice a long time ago not to be part of that social group. It's a shame that  it seems to be gaining members over the last decade.
Grow up HK !
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...41mmx26mm.html
Old 06-15-2013, 03:33 PM
hairy46

Me no need for that kind of garbage, building a P-47 and will be buying my first real pilot from real pilots"
Old 06-15-2013, 03:35 PM
crash1ace

I dunno, I got a kick out of em. Doesnt offend me at all. I could see utting that on a plane big time, and many in my club would get a big laugh out of it too.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Trisquire

Major Bird has been available for over a year. I looked around a little, and I'm finding comments like this:

"Check out their latest pilot bust. I'm sooo ordering a few of these.......",
"That's awesome!!",
"Best I've seen yet!",
"The description is hilarious. Just ordered one",
"Thats great!",
"Now thats a value product."
Old 06-15-2013, 04:07 PM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2page thread over this??? I would not buy one, but I will buy NanoTec batteries all day and night long. Some items are good, others not so good. I have not had a problem with HobbyKing. I recognize others have.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:11 PM
bjackson1206

I'm sure there is better lipos out there I have not tried anything except hobby king and hobby parts I just can't justify paying 3 times for brand name but maybe there worth it I don't know all I'm saying is I bet hobby king getting a lot of traffic because of thread if you don't like it be your own censor don't buy I'm sure I won't buy one but if someone wants to its there right
Old 06-15-2013, 04:51 PM
Dadto2Marines

Three words Capitalistic Free Enterprise. They have the right to build it and sell it and you have the right to buy or not to buy.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:13 PM
JKinTX

ORIGINAL: Dadto2Marines

Three words Capitalistic Free Enterprise. They have the right to build it and sell it and you have the right to buy or not to buy.

Who says the Chinese don't have a sense of humor?
If you don't like it, quit carping about it and go elsewhere to spend your $s, very simple.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:41 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

It doesn't offend me at all but I don't think it's an image we want as a hobby, imagine some family comes to the field with little kids to look at the planes and all the pilots are flipping them off, They are never going to come back or start flying. Bad idea but like someone already said, it's a private business, they can sell it if they want just don't buy it.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:47 PM
JKinTX

ORIGINAL: t-max97

It doesn't offend me at all but I don't think it's an image we want as a hobby, imagine some family comes to the field with little kids to look at the planes and all the pilots are flipping them off, They are never going to come back or start flying. Bad idea but like someone already said, it's a private business, they can sell it if they want just don't buy it.

Honestly, in today's world you will probably draw more folks than repel them- this isn't 1960 anymore.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:55 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: JKinTX

ORIGINAL: t-max97

Honestly, in today's world you will probably draw more folks than repel them- this isn't 1960 anymore.
Lol sad but probably true, I wish I was alive in 1960. The times they are a changing.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:35 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: perreback

I wouldn't use one of those anymore then installing some stupid looking doll or cartoon character in one of my planes. I work too hard building them to cheapen one.
Aaw, now my favourite pilot is hurt...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x5iPd95g8c[/youtube]
Really a cute video and I really did enjoy it. I'm sure my granddaughter would love it too. I have used servos that raised the pilots arm or moved the stick a couple of times way in the olden days, I just wouldn't use a doll. Just a choice thing, I think it cheapens a nice plane. What I see a lot of is just guys raiding there kids toy box for a pilot.
From a lot of the posts I have seen a lot of people would look like the painting of the church ladies if they ever went to some of the shows I have seen here on the strip. I'm thinking a lot of the guys have never served in the military too. Just don't buy the pilot. I haven't seen one at any field yet and I don't fly with a bunch of prudes. I'm sure HK is having a field day laughing about this thread, probably sold out of the lude pilots by now and will be on back order.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Johnny_Zero
My Feedback: (44)

Just couldn't care less what HK makes or sells. Way too much concern here. Any 8 year old knows the bird and what it means. This is such a non issue. Check this link out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finger_(gesture)

Old 06-15-2013, 07:06 PM
RichardGee
My Feedback: (156)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Sounds like we on this thread are all preaching to the choir.. but the sad reality is that America is fatter, DUMBER, and more uncouth than at any time in the history of this republic.
We have the government we deserve.. and now like a good dope dealer, China is simply catering to our most vile tendencies [][>:]
Old 06-15-2013, 07:12 PM
JKinTX

ORIGINAL: RichardGee

Sounds like we on this thread are all preaching to the choir.. but the sad reality is that America is fatter, DUMBER, and more uncouth than at any time in the history of this republic.
We have the government we deserve.. and now like a good dope dealer, China is simply catering to our most vile tendencies [][>:]
All too true!
Look up up the Opium Wars of the 19th Century. The Chinese have a civilization whose history stretches back some 5000 years of record. They have a long memory as well as a sense of humor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.