Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Twine setup for super eagles turbines.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Twine setup for super eagles turbines.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 08:02 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Twine setup for super eagles turbines.

hi does anyone know how to setup twine super eagle so the don't read rpms from each other .
Old 06-17-2013, 07:35 AM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Twine setup for super eagles turbines.

sysiek:

The jet you purchased from its previous owner with twin Super Eagles was set up properly. Unless you changed the set up, the ECU's will not read RPM's from the other installed turbine.
Proper set up is referenced in the Jet Central manual. If you do not have the manual(s), you can access them on line at: www.jetcentral.com.mx

Quick study:

Turbine to ECU, ECU to separate switch harness, switch harness' Y'd to the throttle channel of the Rx.

Regards,
Eric
Old 06-17-2013, 08:21 AM
Ruizmilton
My Feedback: (29)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You should not have any problems with rpm sensor crosstalk, they are "auto gain" which means sensor "sensitivity" adjusts itself down once a strong signal is present, this means that the second turbine to start will have it's rpm sensor drop it's sensitivity once the rotor starts turning and will not read the adjacent engine...
Old 06-17-2013, 08:32 AM
sysiek

Will try to install the switches on throttle ,y,cable and then try and restart if one turbine not start running.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:52 AM
JackD
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: sysiek

Will try to install the switches on throttle ,y,cable and then try and restart if one turbine not start running.
I have a twin cheetah rafale. Did exactly like you mention, but instead of switches, I just have the connectors to the Y handy.
I start both of them at the same time (always with the data terminals), and if for any reason, one doesn't start (it never happens by the way), I just unplug/plug and start it again, while the other is running (or starting). Simpler than adding more switches

Regarding cross talking, in the rafale they are very close to each other and have never witnessed this problem (they are in separate bypasses though, so that might help).

So far i have about 50 flights with this setup, and the only flame outs I had were fuel system installation related. Once that was sorted out, it has been flawless

Old 06-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Jgwright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Eric. I have several planes with multi engines including the 6 engine arado. There is no problem with the pickup reading the other engine's magnet. My planes all use Xicoy ECU and hall sensors which I presume you are using. Yes it is a good idea to put switches in both ecu leads from the Rx. You then can start each engine independently so if one does not start you can reset the ecu and try again with the other one running. Starting is by advancing the throttle fairly smartly so the engine already running does not rev up much. No need to switch anything other than the positive line. If you are in doubt try it on a test bench first.

John
Old 06-17-2013, 09:22 AM
sysiek

I only observe the dabbled ridding when testing the starting motor and when doing the test I able to see the rpm on the opposed turbine gcu ,was thinking to relocate the rpm sensors to opposed side fare away from each other ,that will give me 10-12 a part from sensors.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:32 AM
sysiek

You rite ,I will do just expose ,y,for the easy reach and light factors.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:20 PM
sysiek

Thanks to all hor help ,works good now 'the problem was the propane restrictor was to tide so the pressure was not equal ,starts good with two separate propane tanks .