Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

can someone please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 01:07 PM
mustangmatt94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can someone please help

does anyone know if this website has a number or something to make a complaint, I got ripped off by another member... I shipped my modified 4 tec 3.3 for a revo 3.3 .. he claims that it wasn't there when he got home but ups has confirmed it was shipped and deliver, im new at this and any help towards this matter will help...his response to my question after I asked him when the car was going to be shipped was...The sheriff is going to put the report together today so we will see how that goes, it was actually my HOR where you shipped it to so no cameras sadly. please help who do I report this to?
Old 06-17-2013, 01:31 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: can someone please help

If it was over state lines that would be a federal crime.

Looking his account was suspended so there isn't anything else doable by the site staff as that trade was between you 2.

This isn't the 1st time I seen people with these kind of issues with people
Old 06-17-2013, 01:40 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

File a claim with the police, most of the time things like this don't turn out very good for the person being scammed.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:42 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: t-max97

File a claim with the police, most of the time things like this don't turn out very good for the person being scammed.
Out of all the ones I read over the years I don't think I ever read a good turn out
Old 06-17-2013, 02:52 PM
jcjrogers

Contact the police. You need to be nasty... google his address and zoom in on his house. Send him the picture and tell him you are sending it to the police. If he tells you he is going to call his attorney, sue you or whatever, put the heat on more... He knows he is a crook so he isn't going to follow through on any of his threats. Make him get sick of dealing with you and he will likely send your stuff back
Old 06-17-2013, 04:26 PM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: mustangmatt94

does anyone know if this website has a number or something to make a complaint, I got ripped off by another member... I shipped my modified 4 tec 3.3 for a revo 3.3 .. he claims that it wasn't there when he got home but ups has confirmed it was shipped and deliver, im new at this and any help towards this matter will help...his response to my question after I asked him when the car was going to be shipped was...The sheriff is going to put the report together today so we will see how that goes, it was actually my HOR where you shipped it to so no cameras sadly. please help who do I report this to
We don't allow naming and shaming during disputes. I realise the person is probably guilty, but you must understand, sometimes there are misunderstandings, so we apply the rule evenly.

I suggest you report the incident to our Marketplace moderator JWN (send a pm to that name) and let him know what happened, but as far as anything else, you have already done the only thing you can, gone to the police. Good luck.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:00 PM
mustangmatt94

this sucks now Im without a car that I spent so much money on, I know in reality im probably not going to see any of the 2 cars, but I will be talking to the police tomorrow and I do have his address.. I am going to go as far as I can to reporting him and be as nasty as you say as he is a crook and this shouldn't happen to anyone. thanks everyone
Old 06-17-2013, 05:08 PM
mustangmatt94

what else can I do theres no information on the website to call or really report anything to, so my only option is to do this, you see it as im putting his name out there which I am. well im looking at it as I just put a crook on the spot and warned everyone of this guy, I did everyone and this website a favor. I want everyone one on this website to know of him, so it doesn't happen to any of them. I don't know if you know the feeling of having something that you spent YOUR own money, and worked so hard on taken from you, I do now and It really freaking sucks.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:15 AM
Foxy

what else can I do theres no information on the website to call or really report anything to
I told you what to do above. Contact the Marketplace Administrator of the site, using the private message system, his username is JWN, type that in the 'To' box.

you see it as im putting his name out there which I am. well im looking at it as I just put a crook on the spot and warned everyone of this guy
Again, as I told you above, no you're not, you cannot name people who you have had bad transactions with in open forum on RCU. As I explained, in many cases, it might be a fair indictment of someone, but sometimes it isn't, and to cover for those cases, we do not permit 'naming and shaming', I'm sure if you think about it, you can understand why this is necessary

I did everyone and this website a favor. I want everyone one on this website to know of him, so it doesn't happen to any of them.
You are not doing anyone a favor, the member has already been suspended and I have edited your post where you had written his name.

I don't know if you know the feeling of having something that you spent YOUR own money, and worked so hard on taken from you, I do now and It really freaking sucks.
Every single person in this hobby who does frequent transactions with other individuals has been robbed once or more. I have lost over $600 on ebay over the years (many years to be fair), so calm down buddy, you ain't the first, you won't be the last.

Good luck with your case, contact JWN just so he can document this against the member in question for our records (he may also have more information for the police about other scams this member has perpetrated, it is definitely worth contacting him), and let us know what happens. Calmly. Please. Thanks.