Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Engine Tuning Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 12:48 PM
lmangum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Tuning Help!

I'm starting to get frustrated with my RCGF 15cc engine.The engine is practically brand new. It only has three flights on it and about45 minutes of run time on the ground. The engine was ran and flownat an airstrip at 5500 feet in altitude and it ran GREAT, but now I'm trying to run it at 7280 feet in Gunnison, Colorado. Now I can barely get it to start, and whenI do getit startedI can only tune one end of the engine. For example if I get the high end tuned I can't get the low end tuned and vice verse.Could thehigh elevation be casueing this?I have two another gas engine that easly tune, one is a 50cc and the other is a 30cc engine and they both run great in Gunnison, CO. If anyone has any suggestions to this problem please help! THANKS

Old 06-17-2013, 01:23 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Engine Tuning Help!

Try a smaller propeller first. High altitude requires a little more rpm.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:30 PM
michael wood
My Feedback: (1)

close and open both needles to 2 turns and adjust the the high end to just below max rpm and adjust the low end for quick throttle response also check the fuel lines and the ignition battery voltage I just had a fuel line come off in the fuel tank I did not put a fuel barb on the tube it would idle and not rev up michael
Old 06-17-2013, 01:31 PM
michael wood
My Feedback: (1)

close and open both needles to 2 turns and adjust the the high end to just below max rpm and adjust the low end for quick throttle response also check the fuel lines and the ignition battery voltage I just had a fuel line come off in the fuel tank I did not put a fuel barb on the tube it would idle and not rev up michael