Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Whole new level of scale realism and detail

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Whole new level of scale realism and detail

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 03:30 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Whole new level of scale realism and detail

Many of you have made some awesome use of the RC MFD screens and HUDs we make at All-Scale .. We have been working hard on many more new products to go with these, as well as to accessorize and scale out models both inside and out too [8D] We have some new sizes in the screens available as well, and tons of new content options also.

Here is an example of detail that we are creating. This is a standard drop in instrument dash panel. It is also already sized to go with our MFD screens if desired. And we have many models in the works., including individual bezel, radios, switches, assortments, etc individually.

We will be offering super scale looking yet reasonably priced panels for most sport planes, as we are always being asked to do up cockpits for these planes that usually do not have much more available than a deck and tub. A much requested CARF Eurosport/fighter cockpit in super detail will be available very soon amongst other items of course we also do offer museum quality scale build paint and detail services.. sport or scale, and we are not officially handling the Metal-Morphous plating product for the model industry .. it really has to be seen to be believed

Please let us know if there are any detail products you would like seen made and/or for which models ? refueling probes ? naca vents ? grills ? landing gear detail ? [8D]

20mmx14mm OLED

26x34mm

26x26mm

54x95mm TFTLCD

43x57mm OLED

Build - Paint - Finish

all best,

Voy

Old 06-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Pepperpete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whole new level of scale realism and detail

1/8th
1/7th
1/6th
1/5th
1/4th

F-16, F-15, F-18, F-This, F-That.

I realize this isn't probably realistic but I wish you guys would start producing scale cockpits or at least panels and "kits" in those sizes. The biggest gap I've had in this hobby is finding quality cockpits for different planes. I had a guy on here do a cockpit for my Skymaster F-18 and it left a TON to be desired. He was slow, had terrible excuses, and what I got was nothing more than resin pieces painted (badly I might add) in a few pieces of plastic scrap to make the tub. The resin pieces were ugly with pinholes etc etc and were brutal heavy.

A one stop shop where I no longer have to worry about getting a quality cockpit for whatever size would be fantastic. And if that means buying the panels (painted or not painted) and simply making it myself...that would be FANTASTIC. Oh I have a 1/8th scale F-18? Cool I will buy this panel and that panel. Maybe it's a single seater maybe it's not so I'll buy this tub that I can trim myself or maybe this predone one if I'm lazy...Oh I have a sport jet and I want to mix and match panels in this or that size...lets do it!

You get my point. I can't be the only one that wants this...
Old 06-12-2013, 03:54 PM
wojtek

ORIGINAL: Pepperpete
I realize this isn't probably realistic but I wish you guys would start producing scale cockpits or at least panels and "kits" in those sizes. The biggest gap I've had in this hobby is finding quality cockpits for different plane

actually this IS completely realistic, and is exactly what we are doing [8D] .. Any panel or part we have already designed can be scaled to ANY size or scale instantly, and delivered ready in under a month. We have started on models which do not have any or only have very few options ( such as the Eurofighter ) .. I do think a good F-15 and F-16 cockpit is needed on the market especially for the 1/7 - 1/9 scaled models. what we also are doing is making the panels in "pieces" .. where all the bezels, screens , frames , switches etc are loose and can be painted / mounted on an existing panel by the modeler, or we can laser cut an acrylic panel to accept the scale parts ... of course having a one piece panel is easiest ..

so as an example, here is only the MFD bezel for a F-16 / A-10 .. same as integrated into the whole panel in the 1st pic ..

We can paint the panels/parts , or we will also offer them as kits. the detail possible is simply put "ridiculous" ... we do also carry a dry transfer toner decal system, which also does white " more on that soon ..

You get my point. I can't be the only one that wants this...
nope you are not the first to say that .. we get asked this all the time and why we started working in the digital realm to make it possible

Voy
Old 06-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Wap4life
My Feedback: (3)

Very nice!  I pm u.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:59 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Voy,

How does your decal system stack up to this one (the only one I have been able to do white transfers with):

http://www.pulsarprofx.com/decalpro/.../Overview.html

Best of luck with your venture, your stuff looks great. BTW can you laser cut ABS and can you cut clear plastic, very thin (like would be used for a panel to cover the instruments)?

Thanks
Old 06-12-2013, 06:47 PM
wojtek

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

Hi Voy,

How does your decal system stack up to this one (the only one I have been able to do white transfers with):

http://www.pulsarprofx.com/decalpro/.../Overview.html

Best of luck with your venture, your stuff looks great. BTW can you laser cut ABS and can you cut clear plastic, very thin (like would be used for a panel to cover the instruments)?

Thanks
thanks Matt

actually that's the same system we carry. Its awesome for on the fly decals. I am using it on bare aluminum even, and it stick even through me polishing the metal lightly I have to say that some things you posted years ago inspired me at the time into seeing how much tech we can incorporate into our models .. in particular our animated pilots http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPi-BgP3EYI

as for laser cutting, we can do up to and maybe even over 1/4" acrylic or plywood and equivalent at 100W .. ABS will not be a problem, however if its too thin, with small detail, i'm not sure if there would be heat issues. The laser cut area is always under a compressed air stream, so it should be fine ... and if the plastic is super thin, we can always use temporary adhesive to set it over a carrier to cut.. We can definitely cut clear plastics. Acrylic cuts very nicely without leaving burn scored edges, and lexan works good as well . For instrument vezel covers, these can also be easily laser cut out of transparency transfer plastic sheets after printing the instrument content on them. With a white light diffuser sheet behind, it makes for perfect back lit instruments as well

Voy

Voy
Old 06-12-2013, 07:09 PM
Dig it

Ya gotta make one for the yellow hornet.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:21 AM
kirkj
My Feedback: (61)

would love a kit for an Ultra Bandit. PM Me if it exists.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:08 AM
wojtek

Looks like a YA F-18 ( twin) cockpit is in the works next .. please PM or email if you would like more info or express interest.

As for the Ultra Bandit, we can easily adapt/scale components for this cockpit. We would need the cockpit deck/tub and if there is any, the seat plastic to work with. We can make these even all lit up with indicators and switches, and MFD screens .

Voy
Old 06-13-2013, 12:51 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Voy,
If ya need any cad work or a eurosport for a test bird, let me know

Btw, have you had a chance to check out my F14 files yet?

Thomas
Old 06-13-2013, 02:16 PM
wojtek

ORIGINAL: invertmast

Voy,
If ya need any cad work or a eurosport for a test bird, let me know

Btw, have you had a chance to check out my F14 files yet?

Thomas

Thomas, I just PMed you ...

Also, i had PMs from several guys about F-18s and what we can make for those.. The answer is : ANYTHING

..scale vents, scoops, gear parts, even the small missile rail release details and items like that. How about a gun assemble for the cannon that opens up under a lift panel ? all this is not possible !

Voy
Old 06-13-2013, 02:24 PM
fred985

a ping pong ball on a stick andsome color magic markers does it fo me, heck im gonna crash it sooner or later anyway..........
Old 06-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Ejection Seats!

There needs to be a model of each type of ejection seat and then offered in various scale sizes. If your working on that as included or optional with the cockpit tub that would be great.
You couldnt make a super scale tub and instrument panel and leave out the seat!

You could offer them as full build models, finished, or even a half model for shallow tubs so you can use a pilot bust.

Nice work so far!
Old 06-13-2013, 02:29 PM
wojtek

ORIGINAL: fred985

a ping pong ball on a stick andsome color magic markers does it fo me, heck im gonna crash it sooner or later anyway..........
see, but the great thing is, we can really detail out your ping pong ball for you .. moving eyes, custom painted face, and have it even pan and tilt around your stick .. lol

Voy
Old 06-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Pepperpete

ORIGINAL: Chris Nicastro

Ejection Seats!

There needs to be a model of each type of ejection seat and then offered in various scale sizes. If your working on that as included or optional with the cockpit tub that would be great.
You couldnt make a super scale tub and instrument panel and leave out the seat!

You could offer them as full build models, finished, or even a half model for shallow tubs so you can use a pilot bust.

Nice work so far!
I couldn't agree more. In other words...all of the cockpit components. But Woj I need to stress something please...you guys absolutely need to have weight savings in mind. Maybe on the aircraft that weight isn't such an issue it won't matter but most of the 1/8th etc planes seriously need to be light. The F-18 cockpit I received from the other builder was so heavy as to be unusable in my SkyEMaster F-18. I spent a number of hours tearing out all the components, hollowing out the resin pilot, hollowing out the resin panel. Anything to get the weight lower. And when I was done it was WAY lighter and usable in my plane.

Please keep this in mind...
Old 06-13-2013, 04:32 PM
pilot tw

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Great work!
Old 06-14-2013, 12:28 AM
modelman992005

Hey Voy Nice talking to you . We have three guys in Toronto building Yellow F18's this fall and we will take anything that is related to this airplane times three. I am really excited about the cockpits especially the fact they can be outfitted with functioning MFD'a and HUDs. Graeme Mears works for me and he said he will be more than happy to help me dress up those cockpits. I have a question about animatronics. Can we get two function's going on the blu box 1/6 scale pilots?

THANKS Peter Woo.... Hope to see you at Wingham this year.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:07 AM
wojtek

Thanks for the comments guys .. a lot of great suggestions and idea... i will post some more pics this afternoon, but some answers for now :

Weight : our panels, parts etc are VERY light. Substantially lighter than any resin cast parts out there. Not only is the material lighter, but we also have all the parts hollowed out as much as possible in the design , with only necessary structural support .. for larger models, we use a composite foam board that is laser cut to the cockpit dimensions, and the parts get fitted to it. Again, SUPER light

Seats: we will work up an ejection seat asap in super scale detail .. most likely we will start with a standard f-18 / martin baker style seat. Seats are pretty complex, with a lot of components that need to be printed. I will have to see how we can keep cost on seats reasonable also

I do already have a seat dress up kit available for sport jets however , like the flash / lightening , etc .. I will post the pics of this tonight as well ..

Peter, it was good talking to you too.. I'd LOVE to see the paint and finish of the detail Graeme can pull of on our stuff [8D] .. As for animatronics, we can do up too 4 , even 4 points on the 1/6 pilots ... head pan / tilt .. move both arms .. and if we push it, have the torso tilt or twist. The 1/5 - 1/4 pilots you have seen do leave more room for servos to really go crazy, like the moving eyes, lol .. but even i think it looks creepy

Voy
Old 06-15-2013, 01:35 PM
vinnyjet
My Feedback: (39)

voy
very nice
vinny
Old 06-15-2013, 07:34 PM
wojtek

Thanks Vinny

here are some of the pics i mentioned before ...

This is an example of how most if not all parts get hollowed out. No more sanding and grinding out heavy resins.

this is right out of production ... still needs some cleaning from the support material

as for the seats, We do have a "dress up" kit for sport jets already. These usually come with a vacum formed box, that is pretty junky. There is not point of weight gain of a whole seat when some dressing up can make it look more decent. Add a pilot, and the effect is very nice. This is also right out of print. I will have pics of this one in a day or two how it looks painted and derailed up.

Voy

Old 06-16-2013, 05:28 AM
rcmiket

This looks great. I'm really looking forward to what you come up with. Any thoughts or plans on "dress up" items for all the smaller jets on the market?
Thanks
Mike
Old 06-17-2013, 05:54 PM
wojtek

Hi Mike ,

we are going to start populating our web-store with some of the items shortly ... to start we will have various assortments and sizes of switches, face plates, radios, MFD bezels, knobs, seat parts etc ... Also, we will list pricing for panels both raw, as well as painted and ready to drop in for most sport jets.

From here we are focusing on parts on a per model basis , finishing the Euro, and them onto the F-18. All parts can be scaled/sized to fit any need

Voy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50271.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	744.1 KB
ID:	1892743   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70772.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	628.4 KB
ID:	1892744   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rx60207.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1892745  
Old 06-17-2013, 06:12 PM
Pepperpete

Hey something for reference...

This is for the SkyEMaster F-18 that has been selling well. Our biggest complaint is that Skymaster hasn't released a cockpit for this aircraft. I've got my second one on the way and I'm going to need an ultra light crazy detailed cockpit. Is this something you can do?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25731.jpeg
Views:	107
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	1892746   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt60122.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	1892747   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24186.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	1892748   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fy71537.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1892749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cn77594.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	1892750  
Old 06-17-2013, 06:42 PM
wojtek

Cool and thanks for the references. You laid the dimensions just as would be needed. Actually, when we are designing parts for the F-18, it will not only be for the Yellow twin .. these parts can then be scaled to fit any F-18 . I know tubs and openings will vary, but once we have a model, its very easy to make it work in any model of that type For instance with our MFD screen bezels/frames, we have the same model we use for the large 43mmx57mm screens as we do for the 20mmx14mm , its just printed at a different scale . The only big difference ends up being some of the detail just gets ridiculous small, and then though its there, i don't know if anyone could actual paint it, or not to mention see it unless at 5" distance from it I'll post a picture later to show how things scale down .

The F-18 is definitely on the priority list wont be long for at least the cockpit to be out , and then lots of other parts following... As for the Sky master F-18 ... is it possible to cut a panel open and make it hinged around where the canon would be ? I am almost done with a F-18 style canon that could be fit under an opening panel, and look super cool .. also, do the SM f-18s at least come with a tub ? or is it a wide open hole under the canopy ?

regards,

Voy
Old 06-17-2013, 07:06 PM
Sundownee
My Feedback: (30)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: modelman992005

Hey Voy Nice talking to you . We have three guys in Toronto building Yellow F18's this fall and we will take anything that is related to this airplane times three. I am really excited about the cockpits especially the fact they can be outfitted with functioning MFD'a and HUDs. Graeme Mears works for me and he said he will be more than happy to help me dress up those cockpits. I have a question about animatronics. Can we get two function's going on the blu box 1/6 scale pilots?

THANKS Peter Woo.... Hope to see you at Wingham this year.

Hey Peter, check out this video of my F84 pilot, Head movent up and down, left to right, and right arm movement, left arm is setup to move only with throttle input.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpsJNXMep48

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.