Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Do Not Buy From Mitosal.com

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Do Not Buy From Mitosal.com

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 08:56 PM
EugeniRUS

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Do Not Buy From Mitosal.com

I have the same muzzle brake of poor quality. I do not think it can be reworked.
And I also had the problems with shipping charges as thecommander said. Adding a couple of gears considerably increases the charges.

What makes me embarassed is that never provide their names, they sign as Mitosal team. []
Old 06-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Their TU's are only any good due to the hard work and hassle Willy had to go through with them. Once he got the TU's all sorted out for them.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:10 AM
mcovalsk

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I odered several times from them, always the parts arrived on time, few weeks and good quality.
Today I received the 17 pounds barrel, amazing piece, I don't think is Tamiya.
Anyway I will take more care in the future.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:58 AM
karel47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have these too , realy nice stuff and got them with free shipping to belgium

ORIGINAL: Panther F

I DID find this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Muz...item2ec5125024

it doesn't look cast but is affordable?

I am going to try one!

~ Jeff
Old 06-12-2013, 11:54 AM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

I just found the link to the brake, Danny.
http://www.welshdragonmodels.co.uk/t...ale-1889-p.asp
Old 06-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Who... a little expensive too!

The one from Stella arrived a few days ago and looks good. The IMPACT piece is longer and does have some detailing on it but I'm sure that can be added and it is a one piece brake, so no seams.

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84146.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	1891251   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh18936.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	1891252  
Old 06-12-2013, 01:24 PM
yellowshaker

Expensive yes...but they make very nice parts Jeff. The one you got looks nice, but not sure the scale is correct...Maybe some of our Panther experts will chime in. Where is Rivetcounter?
Old 06-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Panther F

It IS 1/16th, just shorter than the IMPACT piece

Remember, the original problem was fitment and the seam. This one fits but I did not compare it to the Tamiya plastic brake for sizing but it is only 9.99 total too!

I will use it on my Early Panther G.

~ Jeff
Old 06-12-2013, 02:31 PM
yellowshaker

I meant scale as in correct to scale. There is quite  adifference in the two you posted. It does look nice though
Old 06-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Panther F

Joe my friend, they ARE the same size (and I just laid a set of calipers to them to be sure) it's just the IMPACT is longer and it's the contrast or color of each that is throwing you.

They are cut just a bit different but trust me, the photo is fooling you on their size.

Those brakes from Tank Modelbau are REALLY out of scale!

~ Jeff (AKA Panther expert too)
Old 06-12-2013, 03:10 PM
MAUS45

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I think what Joe was asking is whether the length is scale as the Impact is longer then the Stella.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:58 AM
CustomRCmodels

ORIGINAL: Panther G

Their TU's are only any good due to the hard work and hassle Willy had to go through with them. Once he got the TU's all sorted out for them.
Thanks for pointing that out !
After all that B.S. with Impact back then I decided ( obviously ) never to touch any of there stuff again .
Out of curiosity I ordered a few 8tooth pinions from Mitosal
( which is Impact , they both use the same mailing-address ) ,
I usually order these pinions from Germany , but I was curios what Impact’s look like .
I couldn’t believe what I received , the bore of these pinions are way to big .
So I contacted them ( I am almost positive , it’s Erwin who does the communication )
and wanted to return them . First they didn’t even wanted to refund the full amount I paid ( pinions plus shipping ) , and gave me this B.S. excuse that customers had complaint that these pinions would not fit so they bored them out larger . Yeah , right , they just can’t get tolerances right , that’s what it is , same crap as it was with these TU’s .
I filled a claim with Paypal , Impact agreed to refund the full amount , but I still would have to pay for the return shipment . Which some would think shouldn’t be a big deal ,
a few pinions , as a letter , wrong !
Would need to be returned by certified mail which costs like $ 20,- .
Yeah , right , I already wasted money on these pinion’s ,
now I need to waste even more to return them ? I don’t think so .
I pay for something what is not done the way it should be and end up with nothing ?
Well , these pinions ended up in my Impact trash-can ,
before I wasted even more money on that junk .
I just get me the once from Germany again , that’s quality stuff .
Like somebody else already pointed out in this thread ,
We need to get our **** together here in the US and make this stuff ourselves ,
instead of feeding these clowns in China and Singapore .
I don’t have a problem with getting parts from Germany , even thought in most cases expensive , but its quality stuff which unfortunately is hard to find here in the US .
Why ? because of the cheap China and other far east country’s products everyone here in the US is so fixed on getting stuff cheap ! Instead of looking for and appreciating quality !
The way parts are made in Germany , we could do this here too ,
but then these parts would be also more expensive as somebody may thinks ,
since it requires precision machinery and skilled labor.
Safe the economy in the US ,
buy US products and create jobs by offering good quality products !
and boycott this far east junk !

Old 06-14-2013, 09:12 AM
karel47

i suppose the impact is the correct one, its a lot longer, in this scale the change is huge !!!
mine are all stella models on my tanks

good to know jeff

ORIGINAL: Panther F

Who... a little expensive too!

The one from Stella arrived a few days ago and looks good. The IMPACT piece is longer and does have some detailing on it but I'm sure that can be added and it is a one piece brake, so no seams.

~ Jeff
Old 06-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Panther F

I haven't dug the Tamiya sprues out to see which is more closer to the boxed parts but there is no seam in the Stella part and it just slides on the barrel too. If it is shorter than what the real thing is then that can be corrected.

~ Jeff
Old 06-16-2013, 06:27 PM
B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Someone has made specific mention of this discussion on FB, & suggests ... "Don't listen to the rcu tank nuts"

Already has 7 likes too, ha ha ... so which of you RCU tank nuts should I not be listening to anyway, I'm making a list for future reference? lol

~ Craig ~
Old 06-16-2013, 08:05 PM
dlobmwm3
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: CustomRCmodels

ORIGINAL: Panther G

Thanks for pointing that out !
After all that B.S. with Impact back then I decided ( obviously ) never to touch any of there stuff again .
Out of curiosity I ordered a few 8tooth pinions from Mitosal
( which is Impact , they both use the same mailing-address ) ,
I usually order these pinions from Germany , but I was curios what Impact’s look like .
I couldn’t believe what I received , the bore of these pinions are way to big .
So I contacted them ( I am almost positive , it’s Erwin who does the communication )
and wanted to return them . First they didn’t even wanted to refund the full amount I paid ( pinions plus shipping ) , and gave me this B.S. excuse that customers had complaint that these pinions would not fit so they bored them out larger . Yeah , right , they just can’t get tolerances right , that’s what it is , same crap as it was with these TU’s .
I filled a claim with Paypal , Impact agreed to refund the full amount , but I still would have to pay for the return shipment . Which some would think shouldn’t be a big deal ,
a few pinions , as a letter , wrong !
Would need to be returned by certified mail which costs like $ 20,- .
Yeah , right , I already wasted money on these pinion’s ,
now I need to waste even more to return them ? I don’t think so .
I pay for something what is not done the way it should be and end up with nothing ?
Well , these pinions ended up in my Impact trash-can ,
before I wasted even more money on that junk .
I just get me the once from Germany again , that’s quality stuff .
Like somebody else already pointed out in this thread ,
We need to get our **** together here in the US and make this stuff ourselves ,
instead of feeding these clowns in China and Singapore .
I don’t have a problem with getting parts from Germany , even thought in most cases expensive , but its quality stuff which unfortunately is hard to find here in the US .
Why ? because of the cheap China and other far east country’s products everyone here in the US is so fixed on getting stuff cheap ! Instead of looking for and appreciating quality !
The way parts are made in Germany , we could do this here too ,
but then these parts would be also more expensive as somebody may thinks ,
since it requires precision machinery and skilled labor.
Safe the economy in the US ,
buy US products and create jobs by offering good quality products !
and boycott this far east junk !

Well said Willy. Completely agree with you about brining the jobs back to the USA.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:00 AM
ausf

ORIGINAL: dlobmwm3

Completely agree with you about brining the jobs back to the USA.
My experience with this:

I made and sold a PE tool called the 'Fenderbender'. You can look it up if you'd like, read some reviews, it was wildly popular and I still get a few emails a week requesting it on top of a waiting list of over 200. I was committed to keeping production in the States, but with each run, it got more expensive or they flat out refused because the numbers were too low. This was running around to different places, providing the raw materials andagreeing to wait until whenever they had laser downtime, etc. and assembling it myself. It got to a point it wasn't worth the hassle.

The other example is photo etch itself. I designed a bunch of parts and couldn't get a US company to even open the file without cash upfront and a guarantee of numbers to be ordered. When I contacted the two companies I imported from, Voyager and Lion Roar, they both agreed to do it, they just wanted to know when and how much. The only time they even questioned quantity was when resin was included because they got their material fro the US and it didn't pay unless the quantity was high. The quotes of the finished, sellable item was lower than what US packaging costs.

That's the issue when it comes to small numbers of cottage industry stuff like this. Unless you want to commit to 100,000 muzzle brakes or pay $25 each, you're probably not going to find a place in the States. If Impact's casting sucks, contact one of the other places and ask them to. Voyager would jump on PE for every single 1/16 tank we build if the numbers are there. Problem is, DML comes out with a 1/35 Panther kit and sells thousands in preorder, so next comes aftermarket PE, barrels, brakes, figures, everyone chases the money because it's there. How many people are looking for a 1/16 Panther muzzle break?
Old 06-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Cruiser133

You can thank the unions for this Ausf...
Old 06-17-2013, 06:00 PM
ausf

ORIGINAL: Cruiser133

You can thank the unions for this Ausf...
No, these were all different size shops, whoever had a cutter, mostly independents. The first encounter with this was a matter of wanting a piece of the pie. An item that was cut for $1.75 a piece during the first run jumped to $8+ by the second once it hit the market. No change whatsoever in their end, requirements or commitment.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:37 PM
gyrate

hah i have to pay shipping to rma something that came doa from the us...

thats hardly the cause for alarm. if you dont want to pay shipping, well ?
Old 06-17-2013, 11:27 PM
thedonut

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's my experience with them. Never bought again.

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8733707/anchors_8733707/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#8733707[/link]
Old 06-17-2013, 11:30 PM
thecommander

The bitter taste of low quality remains long after the sweetness of the low price has faded. My dad taught that one to me a LONG time ago.

I think he learned it from Ben Franklin....Although my dad and he were not acquainted.

As Benjamin Franklin used to say, "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

PS Funny thing, I just said this quote to NEAD member Gene in Medford, LI about two hours ago...LOL.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64962.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	1892837  
Old 06-18-2013, 12:59 AM
tomhugill

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Hes just bitter because he keeps getting banned.....

ORIGINAL: B.A.D.A.S.S.Force

Someone has made specific mention of this discussion on FB, & suggests ... "Don't listen to the rcu tank nuts"

Already has 7 likes too, ha ha ... so which of you RCU tank nuts should I not be listening to anyway, I'm making a list for future reference? lol

~ Craig ~
Old 06-18-2013, 01:19 AM
AFV432

ORIGINAL: ausf

ORIGINAL: dlobmwm3

Completely agree with you about brining the jobs back to the USA.
My experience with this:

I made and sold a PE tool called the 'Fenderbender'. You can look it up if you'd like, read some reviews, it was wildly popular and I still get a few emails a week requesting it on top of a waiting list of over 200. I was committed to keeping production in the States, but with each run, it got more expensive or they flat out refused because the numbers were too low. This was running around to different places, providing the raw materials andagreeing to wait until whenever they had laser downtime, etc. and assembling it myself. It got to a point it wasn't worth the hassle.

The other example is photo etch itself. I designed a bunch of parts and couldn't get a US company to even open the file without cash upfront and a guarantee of numbers to be ordered. When I contacted the two companies I imported from, Voyager and Lion Roar, they both agreed to do it, they just wanted to know when and how much. The only time they even questioned quantity was when resin was included because they got their material fro the US and it didn't pay unless the quantity was high. The quotes of the finished, sellable item was lower than what US packaging costs.

That's the issue when it comes to small numbers of cottage industry stuff like this. Unless you want to commit to 100,000 muzzle brakes or pay $25 each, you're probably not going to find a place in the States. If Impact's casting sucks, contact one of the other places and ask them to. Voyager would jump on PE for every single 1/16 tank we build if the numbers are there. Problem is, DML comes out with a 1/35 Panther kit and sells thousands in preorder, so next comes aftermarket PE, barrels, brakes, figures, everyone chases the money because it's there. How many people are looking for a 1/16 Panther muzzle break?
I'll agree with that Ausf
and its not only you guys stateside this happens here too

tried to get a couple of companies to take up an aluminium chassis for an abrams and chally but as you say only if the quantity is there

now if i take that to china you can get it done but the specs are very floaty by 2 0r 3mm which as we know isnt great

Old 06-18-2013, 10:02 AM
thecommander

"He's just bitter because he keeps getting banned..... " LOL...thanks Tom.

I am not bitter. I'm just amazed at how Mitosal believes we RC tankers are so stupid and desperate as to pay their wildly inflated prices for shipping. They no longer sell their battle units or gearboxes on Ebay. I used to get the IBU for under $50. No problem if they ban me at all. Ebay accounts are free and easy to open....LOL. They really fail to understand how tight and cooperative the RC tanker community and forums are. I think it is more of a cultural thing in all honesty. One way or another they will learn that we are a "Brotherhood of gentleman tankers". We share info and help each other. We give each other our extra parts for free and help fix each others RC tanks at events and battle days too. For FREE. We are generous, where they are very selfish and short-sighted. We don't mind spending our hard earned money on our hobby but we do mind being ripped off and gouged on ridiculous shipping costs.

Up your's Mitosal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.