Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 14SG

Old 06-16-2013, 09:34 AM
TheBarracuda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 14SG

Would anybody know if you can rename the AUX channels on the Futaba 14SG to exactly what they are used for please? I have searched high and low for an anwer........

Also,

I have set the brakes on my jet to come 'ON' with down elevator BUT i need to inhibit them when the gear is UP....... or i will have no air left for the landing.

The mixing brakes and elevator is done, ...just the inhibit when UP to be solved.

If any expert on this radio has the answer i would be very grateful. Thanks in advance...

Old 06-16-2013, 11:07 AM
woodie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba 14SG

Could you just assign the brake/elev mix to a switch (gear switch) so the mix is 'off' when the gear is up? Should be easy to do with the 14SG.

Woodie
Old 06-16-2013, 01:42 PM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Futaba online support is good, email questions on what you want to do, and I usually get a same day response, or by the next day.
TB
Old 06-16-2013, 01:56 PM
TheBarracuda

Hi Woodie,
Thanks for the reply,
Thats a good idea and infact one i have tried but for whatever reason it did not inhibit it. Maybe there is some finger trouble. I will look at that again,
cheers
Old 06-16-2013, 01:59 PM
TheBarracuda

Hi TB,
Thanks for the reply,
Ihave never had a reply from Futaba on line services in the past so i have not bothered with them .
Maybe i should try again.

thanks
Old 06-17-2013, 12:42 AM
malcolmholt

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You can assign any of the AUX functions to any channel on the 14SG but you cannot change their names to something more appropriate.Woodie’s suggestion should solve the brakes issue but, if you can’t get it to work, I am happy to help. To do so I would need a bit more clarification on what you are trying to achieve. I assume you wish to set up a mix from Elevator to an Auxiliary function (the brakes) which is only active when the Gear is lowered and which only takes effect when down elevator is applied. How do you want this Auxiliary function to respond? Does it travel from one end point to the other to deliver progressive braking or does it need to go to a set position to activate a simpler ON/OFF brake? Which switch do you use for your gear and in which of its positions is the Gear lowered?
Old 06-17-2013, 11:05 PM
TheBarracuda

Thanks for the reply.
You are exactly right with what i am after. The brakes ideally will come on at about 15% down elevator. I tried setting up the pulse braking but have opted not to use it.
The switch i use for the gear is SG ?(top right) (don't have my tx with me) and when holding the TX gear down is 'away',

I will spend more time fiddling and see if i can apply some of the useful suggestions made.
Thanks to all.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:44 PM
jb86
My Feedback: (8)

i just started a thread about frsky rx with t14sg.
i figured out that i needed to change to fasst 7ch mode.
but now i cant find how to bind in this fasst 7ch mode. on the fasstest mode it had a key "link" highlighted and i hit RTN and the TX beeps.
the book on page 75 at the bottom says to press and hold the link switch more than 2 seconds.
there is no link switch.

can anyone please tell me how to bind in 7ch FASST mode?

jon
Old 06-19-2013, 04:43 AM
DougV

By pressing the LINK ( we don't bind with futaba, we link)button on the receiver for about 5 seconds.

Doug
Old 06-19-2013, 04:47 AM
jb86
My Feedback: (8)

Thanks for the reply
I was looking for a button or setting on the tx
But after selecting the 7ch mode I did as you said
It worked immediately
Jon
Old 06-19-2013, 06:34 AM
DougV

Hi Jon,

Glad it works, enjoy it.

FYI: The FASSTest telemetry receivers (R7008SB and R7003SB) are the only ones (for now) that you can LINK using the Radio settings.

Regards,
Doug
Old 06-20-2013, 07:22 AM
pilotpete2

You can also use the Multi Mode setting with all FrSky receivers, as they will link to either mode. In Multi Mode you have the added benefit of user settable failsafe on all channels, not just the throttle, as in the 7CH mode[8D]
Pete
Old 06-23-2019, 09:12 AM
stefanoathens

Hello, I am bringing this old post back, to ask if there is a pulse braking function on the t14sg, because I cannot find it in mine...