Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Trolling?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 02:36 AM
Rotten40851
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trolling?

Is it considered Trolling when you see members that have been members for a number of years with only one or two posts andmany many views and recent log ins? I seefamiliar members that have only a few posts, like 500 views and very recent log ins but contribute nothing to the site.No opinions on anything, just looking at other peoples posts.Would you consider that Trolling ornot? If not what would youcall it? One guy says he just read athread that I started but offers no opinion on the thread ,and has only two posts in a couple ofyears onanother thread.I've seen it with other membersalso.Do people log in just to see other members posts? I'm sure theywill see this!! Keepreading,
Old 06-20-2013, 02:41 AM
RCPAUL
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Trolling?

Not trolling. Maybe lurking.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:49 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Def. Of trolling  (because the OP seems not to know what it is); The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly ticking people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue. 
Yep, its lurking.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:15 AM
Rotten40851

OK, not trolling, Lurking Thanks. So trolling is just looking toanger people
Old 06-20-2013, 03:17 AM
Rotten40851

All you Lurkers out there, Get a Life!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 03:33 AM
rodestar99

You must be trolling. hahahah I have rss feeds from many sources and this forum just happens to be one of them.
I lurk on these feeds to stay informed ...much of the stuff is informative and I stay on top of quad copters .helis .and
airplanes without being actively involved in the quads or helis. Some posts such as yours contribute nothing to the
dialog but do manage to turn lurkers into trolls...either way it can be interesting.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:03 AM
Rotten40851

So ,now I am a troll? Good bye RCU!! I'm done with this site.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:40 AM
rodestar99

actually what I said is you turned me from a lurker to a troll....I made you mad didn't I hahahhahaha.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:54 AM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Rotten40851

I don't understand your mentality at all, you can get an answer on just about anything on here without ever posting, it's already been asked at some time. Some people, rather than starting a post on something that gets asked every few days (which I have seen MANY members complain about), they use the search function. I don't see anything wrong with that, to be honest your acting a little "trollish" right now lol.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:41 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Is it considered Trolling when you see members that have been members for a number of years with only one or two posts and many many views and recent log ins? I see familiar members that have only a few posts, like 500 views and very recent log ins but contribute nothing to the site. No opinions on anything, just looking at other peoples posts.Would you consider that Trolling or not? If not what would you call it? One guy says he just read a thread that I started but offers no opinion on the thread ,and has only two posts in a couple of years on another thread. I've seen it with other members also. Do people log in just to see other members posts? I'm sure they will see this!! Keep reading,

Trolling ? , , , Ya need a definition of the word Trolling ??? , , , , OK , here goes ;

Trolling is ANY post that starts with "GREAT SERVICE FROM HOBBYKING !!!" .... These posts usually continue on with some blather about how slobbything is SO great that they actually read the customer's mind and sent them their order even before they actually realized they wanted it ... Yep , the HK "walks on water" posts are pure Trolling at it's lowest level . Course , some of these posts are made by folks in HK's infamous "$100 club" , and thus might well be more properly described as "Shilling" .....

Now that HK has been mentioned , follow close and see how the Trolls/Shills literally come out of the woodwork .....
Old 06-20-2013, 09:09 AM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Some people are wise enough to keep their mouths shut (or fingers still) and thereby not get blasted simply for presenting an opinion.

Trolling is more throwing out an inflamitory comment with the intention to elicit resonse rather than inform.

Like you did with this thread .  :-D

Old 06-20-2013, 12:19 PM
subzJC

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

Mr Rotten, you have effectively removed all doubt for us.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:45 PM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

So ,now I am a troll? Good bye RCU!! I'm done with this site.
You been on here since 2010, you asked the question, you didn't like one person's comment, and now you're gonna take your ball and go home huh????? Well, that didn't take much did it? Good bye then!
I'm sure we'll miss what ever wisdom you might have shared had not one person called you out, but I think we'll be ok. Good luck to you Rotten.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:45 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: subzJC

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.''

Mr Rotten, you have effectively removed all doubt for us.
Hahaha Im going to have to remember that one!
Old 06-20-2013, 03:47 PM
ssautter

I "lurk" on RCU and RCG, all the time!
No sense in logging-in, if I'm just doing research.

I also "lurk" on other forums, such as Hip Pocket Aeronautics and Small Flying Arts, of which I am not a member.
RCU doesn't do free-flight, RCG does. But, the forementioned forums are much more extensive, for old-timers and rubber-power.

So, I must be a troll, if I say (write)anything to misrepresent the infallible RCUniverse.....

Old 06-20-2013, 04:00 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

ORIGINAL: init4fun

Trolling ? , , , Ya need a definition of the word Trolling ??? , , , , OK , here goes ;

Trolling is ANY post that starts with ''GREAT SERVICE FROM HOBBYKING !!!'' .... These posts usually continue on with some blather about how slobbything is SO great that they actually read the customer's mind and sent them their order even before they actually realized they wanted it ... Yep , the HK ''walks on water'' posts are pure Trolling at it's lowest level . Course , some of these posts are made by folks in HK's infamous ''$100 club'' , and thus might well be more properly described as ''Shilling'' .....

Now that HK has been mentioned , follow close and see how the Trolls/Shills literally come out of the woodwork .....

That's "trolling".
Old 06-20-2013, 04:07 PM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If someone is not prepared to accept all replies, then they shouldn't post in the first place. Everyone has different views. Some may be relevant to your topic and some may not. Some are helpful and some are not. Some deliberately set out to antagonise you (troll).
It's just a matter of weeding the good info from the bad and hoping that your question gets answered to your satisfaction. I think most times most people are helpful most of the time.
What's that saying? You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.
I look more than i post, but i don't consider myself a lurker. Lurking implies that someone is up to no good. I read through these forums looking for information that may be a help to me.
Reading the newspaper is a way of keeping up to date on happenings around the world and getting information, but you are not called a lurker. It's no different, just a different form of media.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:36 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: TLH101

ORIGINAL: init4fun

Trolling is ANY post that starts with ''GREAT SERVICE FROM HOBBYKING !!!'' .... These posts usually continue on with some blather about how slobbything is SO great that they actually read the customer's mind and sent them their order even before they actually realized they wanted it ... Yep , the HK ''walks on water'' posts are pure Trolling at it's lowest level . Course , some of these posts are made by folks in HK's infamous ''$100 club'' , and thus might well be more properly described as ''Shilling'' .....

That's ''trolling''.

Found one !!!

But seriously , Terry , , , , , Can you honestly sit there with a straight face and say that the folks who start these "GREAT SERVICE FROM HOBBYKING!!!" threads are not trolling themselves ???? Do you really believe they are innocently trying to inform other RCers about HK , or do you see the truth , that they are posting to tweak folks who HAVE gotten a raw deal from HK and are looking for a negative response to pounce on ??? My post may have been worded in a flippant manner , yes , that WAS purposeful , but the fact remains , it's trolling to come to the clubhouse over and over beating the HobbyKing drum . That is the fact my first post glaringly illustrates . I'm NOT one for doing folk's homework , In fact I don't intend to respond to this joke of a thread again , but look for yourself right here in our own lil clubhouse . Read the first 20 HK threads that come up in a search . And then try to justify to yourself how in the **** that ain't trolling ......

Later .....
Old 06-20-2013, 05:02 PM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see absolutely nothing wrong with lurking. Why would anyone think that something was wrong with that? Lurking in real life might get you arrested, but just silently reading should not be a problem for anyone.

Oh and just because you voice an opinion here that many do not agree with does not necessarily make it trolling.

and last... I have not had anything wrong with my Hobby King orders... others have.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:39 PM
WI53072

Lots of information on RCU to lurk around and read up on.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:04 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm pretty much becoming a lurker these days because you can't give an honest opinion any longer without the trolls jumping you. Sad state of dialog these day,, the trolls are winning,, congratulations.

Remember when this used to be a place where we talked about RC models,, not each other
Old 06-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Gixxy
My Feedback: (18)

Search functions work great if one knows how to use them. You don't need to post on a forum to take advantage of all the support it can offer.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:08 PM
Tluu
My Feedback: (85)

+1

ORIGINAL: drac1

If someone is not prepared to accept all replies, then they shouldn't post in the first place. Everyone has different views. Some may be relevant to your topic and some may not. Some are helpful and some are not. Some deliberately set out to antagonise you (troll).
It's just a matter of weeding the good info from the bad and hoping that your question gets answered to your satisfaction. I think most times most people are helpful most of the time.
What's that saying? You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.
I look more than i post, but i don't consider myself a lurker. Lurking implies that someone is up to no good. I read through these forums looking for information that may be a help to me.
Reading the newspaper is a way of keeping up to date on happenings around the world and getting information, but you are not called a lurker. It's no different, just a different form of media.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:23 AM
Johnny_Zero
My Feedback: (44)

Personally I would call it "reading" instead of "lurking". I read all kinds of forums for all kinds of sites. I love to read and stay informed. I don't need to have a "label".
Old 06-21-2013, 03:34 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Well,, technically you're correct,, Lurking is reading without joining the forums,,, if you're a member,,you're just reading

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.