Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JMP new products

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JMP new products

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 10:47 AM
felker14
My Feedback: (50)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default JMP new products

In case you missed it or are not on JMP email list. Some new stuff coming to the market from Jet Model Products. The only suggestion I made to Tom was he should of made official JMP color Pink because he doesn't fly anymore and he still is JR guy. Typical high quality items you would expect from JMP. Post #7 has some printed information.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15059.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	1893835   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59726.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	1893836   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr42085.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1893837   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pj19460.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	1893838  
Old 06-21-2013, 10:49 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: JMP new products

here it is! going into current project!
Scott
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15232.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	1893839  
Old 06-21-2013, 11:20 AM
modeljet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes,
recieved mine yesterday
Awesome,going in the hustler as we speak
T-33 and firebird are next

great product used ,several different ways
Thks Tom
Old 06-21-2013, 03:17 PM
kevinthoele
My Feedback: (1)

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Great looking stuff. Tom always does it right
Old 06-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Mark Basel
My Feedback: (24)

The new two way valves have a slot on the inner cylinder. Instead of venting or flowing around the inner cylinder and outer housing when the cylinder "O" ring moves past the inlet port the air flows through the slot. Much more flow and is more efficient....
Old 06-21-2013, 04:18 PM
ddennison
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great!
Old 06-21-2013, 06:55 PM
felker14

Here is some printed information regarding the JMP PCU and JMP Air Trap.

Pneumatic Control Unit-PCU

The JMP Pneumatic Control Unit is designed to control the brakes, retract gear cylinders and landing gear door cylinders of the most complex r/c model aircraft. The goal of the PCU is to eliminate the complexity and disorganized nature of model pneumatic systems. Most installations have many t-fittings which cause unavoidable pressure drops across the entire system. This is eliminated with the PCU. Also included with the PCU are individual servo linkages and quality 1” readable pressure gauges for each of the three air circuits. The overall size of the completed PCU
is 5.5” in length and 3.5” in width. From the top face of the gauges to the bottom edge of the brake servo it is 2.0” tall.

Either standard 1/8” OD or 4mm fittings can be ordered. Large models with increasing air cylinder diameters often now use 4mm size air lines. When ordering, let us know the number of retract gear cylinders and gear door cylinders and the proper fittings will be installed. Additional unused ports on the PCU lower side manifold are plugged, but can be changed later for some other model with different cylinder counts. Many combinations of fittings and control possibilities can be imagined.

The PCU can use three individual air supplies which will divide the retract gear, gear doors and main wheel brakes into separate air circuits. A manifold air fitting point for the JMP Failsafe Sequencer is also provided. This Sequencer senses a low air supply in the retract gear air circuit and shifts the retract gear and gear doors to the down position. Robust servos control the High Flow 2-Way Valves and proportional Brake Control Valve. Precision 1-Way Fill Valves are mounted to the PCU and feature a very neat and quick Tapered Filling Adapter. Also available is a more standard 1-Way Valve with a screw in fill fitting.

Single point control units have been available for some time. Their miniature control valves are fragile and unreliable. These valves are controlled by very weak actuators. Difficult and painful programming is found on nearly every one of these units. They are also produced offshore with no real way to deal with manufacturing and programming problems. Multiple manifold type air line attach points are not found on these digital type units. The “Old School” nature of the PCU makes it easy to use and deals directly with air line and plumbing challenges found in easy to complex models.

JMP Air Trap Instructions

The JMP Air Trap uses a proprietary fiber membrane to filter fuel to 10 microns and virtually eliminate air from entering the final fuel pump suction line. Smoke systems are also improved with use of the Air Trap. This design is extremely robust with properly designed end caps that deal with positive and negative pressures often found during fast fuel filling and draining. Either the vertical or horizontal versions have CNC machined mounting tabs with Laser printed front caps pointing out the correct fuel tube attach points. The JMP Air Trap comes completely assembled, leak checked and ready for installation.

The Air Trap has positions for two “Fuel In” hose barb fittings that can be used for twin main fuel tanks. One of these “Fuel In” fittings can be blocked if there is a single main fuel tank requiring only one fuel inlet fitting. A center hose barb fitting attaches to the fuel filter membrane. This is the “Fuel Out” position which delivers fuel to the turbine fuel pump. Also, a drain/fill line is provided.

Hose Barb Fittings: The JMP Air Trap is available with hose barbs to fit either 1/8” i.d. or 3/16” i.d. tubing sizes. Many combinations of the two are also possible.

Construction: The Air Trap is constructed from aircraft grade aluminum and the finest West Systems Epoxy with a main body that is translucent. It is easy to visually check for system air leaks and overall fuel system performance.

Proper Filling: The fitting with the smaller hole is for the fueling/de-fueling line. Do not allow any air to enter this line when removing the fill line from the fueling station. Fold this fill line over in your hand when the tanks are full and install the plug. Very little air should show in the Air Trap when the fuel tanks are completely full.

Proper Operation: Typical clunk style fuel systems found in model jets do not deliver fuel perfectly, especially when the model fuel tanks are near empty. Some air is normal to see in the Air Trap. An amount of air that would leave the Air Trap half full is not good. Either the main fuel tanks were run very low or there may be a leak upstream in the fuel system. This should be checked out.

Proper Orientation: The vertical design Air Traps are normally mounted straight up and bolted to the model control board. The horizontal design Air Traps are normally mounted with the mounting tabs bolted down to the model control board. On the horizontal design, this keeps the “Fuel In” fitting to the top. If you decide to mount the horizontal design Air Trap upside down to the bottom of the model control board, you must reverse the “Fuel In” fitting and the “Drain/Fill” hose barb fittings. Drain/Fill must always happen from the lower side of the Air Trap. Just remember that air in system must be forced up and out during the filling cycle leaving the Air Trap completely full of fuel.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts

Felker, I was gonna ask how you found out about the new hardware (looks nice [8D] ), but I see you mentioned an email list, because this stuff is not on his website. Has Tom made any progress with his Dauntless? His website shows pics that appear quite old. I did not know he stopped flying... [] And, no I think the blue anodize looks great, don't need no pink stuff.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:44 PM
felker14

Ron S,
JMP website has new items listed. I'm lucky in the fact I only live 20 minutes or so from Jet Models Products. I visit a couple Saturdays a month to see what he is working on. Tom has made no progress on Dauntless (busy on jets items). I think when he has stock of new items on the shelf and the Hustler refit is done he'll get back to working on Dauntless. Tom does still fly. He has flown a 40 size YS 70 powered Ultra Stick more then his jets these past couple of years. That is why give him a hard time about flying and Pink being official JMP color. When he has a friend like me there is no need for him to worry about enemies.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Area51.5

Thats just cool