Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

Old 06-20-2013, 02:25 AM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

All I hear about on these forums is how terrible Hobbyking Support is..

Well let me tell you my experience with Hobbyking Support Today - The first time I have needed their support in 3 years of regular purchases...

134 Previous perfect orders, but Order #135, I followed the tracking details, and it showed delivered yesterday..

I am currently staying long term in a hotel as my job requires it so the shipping address was changed temporarily to my hotel room...

The Hotel didn't have any record of the arrival..Spoke with Australia Post who refused to tell me the details of who signed for the package, they referred me to the seller for extra information...

I immediately went to the Hobbyking website, started a chat session with the 24 hour support, Mary was helpful, responsive and understood exactly what I needed and gave me the information within 3 minutes...

I went back to Australia Post, passed on the details, they gave me the signatories name and I went back to the Hotel reception with this information and they located the package in a few minutes...

This wasn't a Hobbyking Issue, they had addressed the package exactly as I had provided to them..

It was a hotel issue but my point is I received immediate and positive support from Hobbyking that helped me locate the package within a few minutes..

All those people who say Hobbyking Support is non existent...NOT True - try the 24 Hour Chat support it works perfectly.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:38 AM
bogbeagle

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

I've only accrued ten orders from HK ... haven't had occasion to use their customer support.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:55 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Wildman62

I have question about an ESC that beeps all the time and I can't bind the receiver, can someone help me.

Thank You

Wildman62
Old 06-21-2013, 04:36 PM
flyinwalenda

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You probably have the throttle reversed and/or the throttle trim isn't all the way down.
Won't get that service from HK !
Old 06-21-2013, 04:49 PM
Wildman62

Thank You will try it.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:14 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: Wildman62

I have question about an ESC that beeps all the time and I can't bind the receiver, can someone help me.

Thank You

Wildman62
What type of ESC? What type of Receiver? What type of Radio?

With Futaba Radios you do have to reverse the Throttle channel with most ESCs.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: flyinwalenda

You probably have the throttle reversed and/or the throttle trim isn't all the way down.
Won't get that service from HK !
With HK you have reviews and discussion on each and every product item.

Most items also have instruction manuals listed and sometimes even videos showing how to set up...

Have a look at this ESC, Videos, Manuals, information from other users, and if you have a question you can post it there also..

www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__2165__TURNIGY_Plush_40amp_Speed_Controller.html

I find this much more helpful than what I get from some hobbyshops, where an informed customer usually knows more than the sales people.

EG, when I was starting in helicopters a sales person told me to buy Carbon Fibre blades because they NEVER break in crashes... WRONG.....

I was also advised that a certain brand motor was extremely powerful for a 450 Heli.. WRONG.. it was hopeless....

on Hobbyking you can read the discussion and hear what other people are saying about motors / escs / parts / etc etc... and usually they are spot on...

IE, on the Hobbyking site, many people were raving about how fantastic a motor was for a 450 Heli, so I bought it and they were right.. it is an awesome motor....

Just my opinion but I will go to HK first every time...
Old 06-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Wildman62

I have a spektrum AR8000 receiver and a Spektrun DX7s, the ESC is tied the orange 6 channel receiver, it seems to be working the only thing it does is the ESC take a while to bind up with the receiver.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: Wildman62

I have a spektrum AR8000 receiver and a Spektrun DX7s, the ESC is tied the orange 6 channel receiver, it seems to be working the only thing it does is the ESC take a while to bind up with the receiver.
You might need to recalibrate the ESC, depending of type this process is different..

Typically, power up the ESC with Full throttle selected, and after 2 beeps pull your throttle to idle, it should then beep correctly identifying number of cells etc and initialise.

Please check your ESC manual first before trying this, but it works perfectly for the Hobbywing Brand, Gaui ESCs and most others I have used.

This process tells the ESC your maximum and minimum throttle positions which can vary slightly from one radio brand to another.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:25 PM
P-51B

Perhaps now they will get around to replacing or refunding for the airplane I ordered that arrived with smashed wings...it's only been 5 or 6 years...
Old 06-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: P-51B

Perhaps now they will get around to replacing or refunding for the airplane I ordered that arrived with smashed wings...it's only been 5 or 6 years...
I doubt it was shipped that way, it probably happened in transit. Sorry you had a bad experience and I'd be angry about it also, What steps did you take with HK to get some resolution?

Ahhh. there's your problem.. a Polar Bear probably sat on it...

No wait, Polar Bears only live in the Northern Hemisphere.. must have been a few cranky penguins.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:30 PM
topspin

The title "Thumbs Up For Hobby King Support" is a fantasy, they have no support. I'm not making it up, there are hundreds of reports every month on the RC websites, including theirs that the so called 24/7 chat is a joke and that they do everything they can to discourage anyone seeking help with defective or missing items.

I have to assume you are in the hundred buck a month club. Spend it well..
Old 06-23-2013, 08:55 AM
topspin

I noticed all of the shills on another site talking about getting their Hobby King orders in less than two weeks. I don't ever recall getting an order from them in less than two weeks so I decided to put it to the test. I ordered some JST connectors and some servo extensions form them just to see how long it would take. I only placed a small order so if it never got here it would not be bothersome.

So here is how it went. I placed the order on 7 June and paid with PayPal. Almost immediately three checkmarks showed up and the first one said paid 6/7/2013.

So two strange things happened, the date in the first check changed to 6/8/2013 and 7 days later the fourth checkmark appeared saying my order was shipped on 6/14/2013. Like the date on the first checkmark this changed from the 14th to the 13th. Well, the 6/13 date in this checkmark certainly didn't jive with Hong Kong post who said it was posted on 6/14/2013 and left Hong Kong for the US on the 18th, four days later.

So Hobby King had my stuff packed and ready to ship sitting in their warehouse for 7 days. They changed the order date and the ship date by one day so it looks like it was only 5 days, pretty stupid but they actually do that, don't believe me, check for yourself.

So today is the 23d and it is still not here. So far that is 17 days since it was ordered, me thinks the shills are full of something.

Here is the tracking number RC861116707HK check it in the USPS or Hong Kong traking systems.

Just further proof that they pay people to stretch the truth about their shipping times and their so called customer service. I am completely at a loss to uderstand why this company is still even in business.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:36 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Topspin,

Me thinks this is one of those threads. Ever notice that everyone from Australia thinks HK is the best thing since buttered bread? You test disproved all the claims of 2 week shipping.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:47 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: topspin

The title "Thumbs Up For Hobby King Support" is a fantasy, they have no support. I'm not making it up, there are hundreds of reports every month on the RC websites, including theirs that the so called 24/7 chat is a joke and that they do everything they can to discourage anyone seeking help with defective or missing items.

I have to assume you are in the hundred buck a month club. Spend it well..
Firstly, your assumption is completely incorrect, I have no IDEA what you are talking about with the $100 per month club.. If you think I am part of it, that is your fantasy.

secondly.. This post was about MY experience with Hobbyking Support, I used them ONCE in 3 years, and more than 500 reliable products purchased in 135 seperate orders..

My experience was positive, easy and HK Support resolved the issue quickly.. The 24/7 Chat worked perfectly for me..

Therefore I gave a Thumbs Up for Hobbyking support.. If your thumbs are down, that is your experience..but either way I won't accuse you of any dishonesty, because I don't know you.

I appreciate you not accusing me of dishonesty also, just because my experiences with HK are good.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:52 PM
Rob2160

I noticed all of the shills on another site talking about getting their Hobby King orders in less than two weeks. I don't ever recall getting an order from them in less than two weeks so I decided to put it to the test. I ordered some JST connectors and some servo extensions form them just to see how long it would take. I only placed a small order so if it never got here it would not be bothersome.

So here is how it went. I placed the order on 7 June and paid with PayPal. Almost immediately three checkmarks showed up and the first one said paid 6/7/2013.

So two strange things happened, the date in the first check changed to 6/8/2013 and 7 days later the fourth checkmark appeared saying my order was shipped on 6/14/2013. Like the date on the first checkmark this changed from the 14th to the 13th. Well, the 6/13 date in this checkmark certainly didn't jive with Hong Kong post who said it was posted on 6/14/2013 and left Hong Kong for the US on the 18th, four days later.

So Hobby King had my stuff packed and ready to ship sitting in their warehouse for 7 days. They changed the order date and the ship date by one day so it looks like it was only 5 days, pretty stupid but they actually do that, don't believe me, check for yourself.

So today is the 23d and it is still not here. So far that is 17 days since it was ordered, me thinks the shills are full of something.

Here is the tracking number RC861116707HK check it in the USPS or Hong Kong traking systems.

Just further proof that they pay people to stretch the truth about their shipping times and their so called customer service. I am completely at a loss to uderstand why this company is still even in business.

Nobody is paying me to say anything. I simply tell it like it is.

In Australia the orders arrive usually within a week. If ordered from the Australian Warehouse sometimes within 3 days.

The longest I waited for a product was about 3 weeks, but thats becuase I only paid for basic shipping, if you pay the better shipping it will arrive faster,, EMS is always from order to doorstep in around 3 to 5 days.

Again, your experiences are you own, but don't make delusional statements about my posts, nobody pays me a cent, I am simply telling the truth here about my own experiences with HK if you want to beleive otherwise... its all in your head.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:56 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: countilaw

Topspin,

Me thinks this is one of those threads. Ever notice that everyone from Australia thinks HK is the best thing since buttered bread? You test disproved all the claims of 2 week shipping.

Well, you are also wrong.. Maybe staff in the Australian Warehouse are more efficient than those in the USA warehouse? Maybe the Australian Postal system is much better than that in the USA, I don't know.. but in 135 orders, all but 3 of them arrived in less than 2 weeks, usually a week. And remember, products shipped out of China / Hong Kong are much closer to Australia than the USA...

Just out of curiosity, have you ever visited Australia?

Have a look at my other posts, I am a genuine RC flyer and heli flyer and have been for 34 years.. Check my youtube channel, I'm just a regular modeller, and one happy HK customer, If you think I am part of an online conspiracy to deceive people then its just a reflection of your own mind... because what you said in your post is not the case here at all

How on earth does Topspin's test Disprove ALL the claims of 2 weeks shipping?.. that is a ridiculous comment..

Its like saying, One teenager stole from his father, therefore ALL teenagers are theives... are you serious??

It only proves that this specific order is taking a long time..

Here is PROOF that my LASTorder only took 6 days using standard shipping. .. It doesn't prove a single thing about any other HK order..

Try this tracking number

MHQ7029911010226

auspost.com.au/track/

Old 06-23-2013, 07:04 PM
Rob2160

Deleted..

Old 06-23-2013, 09:21 PM
keyman
My Feedback: (22)

RC861116707HK

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
June 23, 2013, 9:00 pm
DULLES, VA 20101
Registered Mailâ„¢

Depart USPS Sort Facility
June 23, 2013, 10:11 am
BETHPAGE, NY 11714

June 23, 2013
BETHPAGE, NY 11714

June 22, 2013, 9:54 pm
BETHPAGE, NY 11714

June 22, 2013, 5:08 pm
BETHPAGE, NY 11714

Processed Through Sort Facility
June 18, 2013, 8:57 am
HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Acceptance
June 14, 2013, 3:48 pm
HONG KONG

Looks like it should be there soon. It would be nice if they got small orders out quicker. I'm surprised it was sent HK post and not Singapore post, SP is slower and usually takes 2 weeks to get to me.

My last order $88 sent HK post
Thankyou for your order at hobbyking.comTuesday, May 7, 2013 2:30 AM
Your items for order:have been packed and will soon be shippedWednesday, May 8, 2013 8:42 PM

Delivered
May 17, 2013, 11:10 am

Registered Mailâ„¢

Arrival at Unit
May 17, 2013, 6:26 am

May 15, 2013
KEARNY, NJ 07032

May 15, 2013, 10:27 am
KEARNY, NJ 07032

May 12, 2013, 1:54 pm

Acceptance
May 9, 2013, 4:52 pm
HONG KONG

I have had orders get here in a week especially if their shipped EMS.

I'm guessing some of you have modeler friends with huge budgets and that must be nice, but here I have friends that are in their 50's strapped with mortgage/college funds/etc. and young modelers whose parents don't have alot of funds that I like to help out.

If you've ever unboxed a radio in for repair that is a low end unit from someone from another country it makes you more understanding for those on a budget.

I wish we would not insult each other on here, Its mean,,I do not believe anyone is a $100 shill here, it just seems like it would be a waste of money, I don't think they would spend the money, why would they? easier to just put the money into advertising to reach 100,000 then 50?
Old 06-23-2013, 10:17 PM
Rob2160

I just checked your tracking number.. you only paid for basic shipping.. of course its going to take longer..

Try EMS next time. Much faster.

Just for the record, I ordered a JR11X from a normal hobbystore in the USA and it took 7 weeks to arrive, even though I paid for priority shipping.. Most of the delay was in the USA and during the international sectors.. Once it landed on Australian Soil I had it within 24 hours.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: keyman

RC861116707HK

June 23, 2013, 9:00 pm
DULLES, VA 20101
Registered Mail™

June 23, 2013, 10:11 am
BETHPAGE, NY 11714

June 23, 2013
BETHPAGE, NY 11714

June 22, 2013, 9:54 pm
BETHPAGE, NY 11714

June 22, 2013, 5:08 pm
BETHPAGE, NY 11714

June 18, 2013, 8:57 am

Acceptance
June 14, 2013, 3:48 pm
HONG KONG

Looks like it should be there soon. It would be nice if they got small orders out quicker. I'm surprised it was sent HK post and not Singapore post, SP is slower and usually takes 2 weeks to get to me.

My last order $88 sent HK post
Thankyou for your order at hobbyking.comTuesday, May 7, 2013 2:30 AM
Your items for order:have been packed and will soon be shippedWednesday, May 8, 2013 8:42 PM

Delivered
May 17, 2013, 11:10 am

Registered Mail™

Arrival at Unit
May 17, 2013, 6:26 am

May 15, 2013
KEARNY, NJ 07032

May 15, 2013, 10:27 am
KEARNY, NJ 07032

May 12, 2013, 1:54 pm

Acceptance
May 9, 2013, 4:52 pm
HONG KONG

I have had orders get here in a week especially if their shipped EMS.

I'm guessing some of you have modeler friends with huge budgets and that must be nice, but here I have friends that are in their 50's strapped with mortgage/college funds/etc. and young modelers whose parents don't have alot of funds that I like to help out.

If you've ever unboxed a radio in for repair that is a low end unit from someone from another country it makes you more understanding for those on a budget.

I wish we would not insult each other on here, Its mean,,I do not believe anyone is a $100 shill here, it just seems like it would be a waste of money, I don't think they would spend the money, why would they? easier to just put the money into advertising to reach 100,000 then 50?
yes, those postal times seem pretty normal for standard postage.. I honestly have no idea about any $100 club. this thread is the first time I have heard of it... but it sounds like an urban myth created by the HK haters.

Besides, I wouldn't post anything dishonest even for $20,000... As Arnie said in "The Last Stand" - "My integrity is not for sale..."

Old 06-23-2013, 10:49 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: flyinwalenda

At least I now understand your post... but sorry..wrong..

Old 06-24-2013, 02:24 AM
wheelan

+1 ROB we have over 140 purchases from hobbyking, 4 warranty problems, all resolved,, i beleive hobbyking only purchase from manufactures and will not deal with middle men, that is why the prices are cheap, it is the middle men and agents that cost us.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:49 AM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

20 + HK orders and one bad servo, threw it away since it was cheap and not worth claiming.
I mostly choose the cheapest shipping method and it usually takes 2-3 weeks from the order to arrival.
So HK is not perfect, the quality is not always the greatest, but prices are great. Saved a ton of money.
And almost everything in our local hobby shop has the 'made in china' label now, I just have to pay more plus driving 50 miles...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.