Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 08:25 AM
Ddaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

ORIGINAL: rikybob

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Cranky Franky has re-opened the #16 thread -> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=15104
I noticed he brought his "ball" back to the play ground!

His point is actually well made about thread management but as I've said all along, it ain't what he's sayin', it's HOW he's sayin' it!

All my life I've hated manner-less bullies and he needed a mirror held up to him!

I see only ONE of his little sycophant minions commented about his return.

I'm DONE "tweaking the brittle person" but still fantasize meeting that kind of person ITRW!

I actually do with some frequency but they are generally wetting themselves in the back cage of my truck on the way to the "grey bar" hotel where they will undoubtedly be traded for a pack of cigarettes by a guy named "Bubba" before midnight that night!

Now back to our previously televised program.....

On a seven day stretch here, day five!

b

"Self proclaimed harbinger of all that's right and proper on the interweb! Only 2 million A-holes to go! (and that's just in English)"
Ok Barney...I think you've had too many days off! And just think how bored you'd be without these people I mean what would you do?...fly helicopters all day...ummmm.

Note to self...becareful in Florida now

Old 06-23-2013, 02:15 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Ok Barney...I think you've had too many days off! And just think how bored you'd be without these people I mean what would you do?...fly helicopters all day...ummmm.

Note to self...becareful in Florida now [img][/img]

Hi again "Andy",

You are mistaken. Day five of a seven day work week.

Yah, yer prolly right life with no antagonist leaves just a protagonist and boring would that be?

Busy day on the water leaves me at home on the couch watching "Star Trek: The next generation" with wifey.

I have no idea where we are at in the series ATM but "Riker" isn't fat, yet.[8D]

b

"All the worlds a stage"
Old 06-23-2013, 07:46 PM
mnemennth

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

Brian - That HobbyMate 800 is one of my picks; it is a rebranded BigAole BeastX clone. Let me know if you still have it and want to make a deal; I'm sure I must have SOMETHING you'll want.

Kozzy - I know; I've seen people zip-tie the motors to the frame too. I don't think it's a good idea, speaking as someone who uses zip-ties on a daily basis for what they're intended for:cable management. Zip-ties degrade under UV light; the locks get brittle with age and break because of exposure, even to fluorescent light. Remember, the "spring" part of a zip-tie is just a bit of plastic 0.020" thick; they are not intended for mission-critical attachment. Also, remember that the lock is also a biggish chunk of plastic which affects the balance of your motor; precise location of that mass is necessary to not throw your motors out of balance.

I know they're so convenient, the temptation is there to use them for EVERYTHING. That's not such a good idea sometimes...

mnem
"Zip Tie" is Geek for "Duct Tape".
It was me that has the Hobbymate gyro and I think the postage might be a killer.

As for zip ties on mission critical stuff use thesewww.tradewarehouse.com.au/cable-ties-clips/stainless-steel-cable-ties-316-marine-grade.html Be a bugger to get them off though.

Dangit, I knew that too; I guess I got to snerking over Brian troll... err, teasing "Da KeyCam Guy" and jumbled it all together in my "still up at 6am"semi-lucid state. I imagine the post from Oz WOULDbe a bit on the stiff & crunchy side; makes me wonder how those vendor guys can do "Free Worldwide shipping" and still make a profit.

I have those too, and the gun to cinch 'em down with. We mechanics use 'em to hold CV Boots on. They come off easyer'n a prom dress with a good pair of dikes (Shut up Brian; I KNOWyou know what diagonal cutters are ); and if care is needed, the ol' cordless Dremel makes short work of 'em too.

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

The motor is attached to the booms with some nice bolts, but I was going to attach the props to the motor bell with zipties.
The junction at the blade is somehow less mission-critical than the one at the frame?The one at the blade has to handle every bit as much load as the one at the frame, plus it has to carry the weight of the motor which the one at the frame does not. At least the base of the frame you can put 4 zip ties, so up to 2 of them can fail (if you're lucky) and you still bring it down in one piece; if either one on the blade fails, you're going down. Plus, the way they usually do it tying through the holes in the bell makes it really easy to warp the blades, since you're tying to an area of the blade that has no direct support underneath.

It's your lawsuit dude; pursue it as you see fit. But there's a reason they call the big nut in the middle of a propeller the "Jeezus Nut".

mnem
You kill me widdat thing, Im'o come back and HAUNTyour @$$. Every time you gettin' ready to do some fur-partin' on your woman, you'll have MYUGLYFACE pop up RIGHTthere to remind you. "Hi-i-i-i! Remember ME?I'm the guy you KILLED with your death-copter! Here, have a little ECTOPLASMICBLOOD!"

You'll never be able to get it up again.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Edmund2

Ok so I am away for 3 days and you guys are already on page 2 of the new thread. Nice reading though. Now awaiting to hear if I will still be going to the Youth and World Championships as our Olympic committee severed ties with our Athletics body over the weekend and they are the guys with the purse strings.

Will be  a shame but the if I do not go I will be visitign the kids in Namibia a week or so earlier.

Have fun flying day.

Edmund
Old 06-24-2013, 01:17 AM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

Brian - That HobbyMate 800 is one of my picks; it is a rebranded BigAole BeastX clone. Let me know if you still have it and want to make a deal; I'm sure I must have SOMETHING you'll want.

Kozzy - I know; I've seen people zip-tie the motors to the frame too. I don't think it's a good idea, speaking as someone who uses zip-ties on a daily basis for what they're intended for:cable management. Zip-ties degrade under UV light; the locks get brittle with age and break because of exposure, even to fluorescent light. Remember, the "spring" part of a zip-tie is just a bit of plastic 0.020" thick; they are not intended for mission-critical attachment. Also, remember that the lock is also a biggish chunk of plastic which affects the balance of your motor; precise location of that mass is necessary to not throw your motors out of balance.

I know they're so convenient, the temptation is there to use them for EVERYTHING. That's not such a good idea sometimes...

mnem
"Zip Tie" is Geek for "Duct Tape".
It was me that has the Hobbymate gyro and I think the postage might be a killer.

As for zip ties on mission critical stuff use thesewww.tradewarehouse.com.au/cable-ties-clips/stainless-steel-cable-ties-316-marine-grade.html Be a bugger to get them off though.

Dangit, I knew that too; I guess I got to snerking over Brian troll... err, teasing "Da KeyCam Guy" and jumbled it all together in my "still up at 6am"semi-lucid state. I imagine the post from Oz WOULDbe a bit on the stiff & crunchy side; makes me wonder how those vendor guys can do "Free Worldwide shipping" and still make a profit.

I have those too, and the gun to cinch 'em down with. We mechanics use 'em to hold CV Boots on. They come off easyer'n a prom dress with a good pair of dikes (Shut up Brian; I KNOWyou know what diagonal cutters are ); and if care is needed, the ol' cordless Dremel makes short work of 'em too.

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98

The motor is attached to the booms with some nice bolts, but I was going to attach the props to the motor bell with zipties.
The junction at the blade is somehow less mission-critical than the one at the frame?The one at the blade has to handle every bit as much load as the one at the frame, plus it has to carry the weight of the motor which the one at the frame does not. At least the base of the frame you can put 4 zip ties, so up to 2 of them can fail (if you're lucky) and you still bring it down in one piece; if either one on the blade fails, you're going down. Plus, the way they usually do it tying through the holes in the bell makes it really easy to warp the blades, since you're tying to an area of the blade that has no direct support underneath.

It's your lawsuit dude; pursue it as you see fit. But there's a reason they call the big nut in the middle of a propeller the "Jeezus Nut".

mnem
You kill me widdat thing, Im'o come back and HAUNTyour @$$. Every time you gettin' ready to do some fur-partin' on your woman, you'll have MYUGLYFACE pop up RIGHTthere to remind you. "Hi-i-i-i! Remember ME?I'm the guy you KILLED with your death-copter! Here, have a little ECTOPLASMICBLOOD!"

You'll never be able to get it up again.

LMAO That rant is just funny as H3ll.
I think I just pissed myself.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:13 AM
mnemennth

Edmund -

Hope things work out for you; seeing the family is so important. Helps you remember why you do it all...

Okay... please tell me I'm not totally ignorant, and I'm not the only one here who's just now finding out about this wicked awesome means of blowing several hundred dollars on a heli?

http://www.nightmagicblades.com/night-magic-blades

[EDIT]

Bryan - Glad my sleep-depraved mind was able to entertain ya... as you can see, I'm STILL up AGAIN... *Badunka-dunk*

[/EDIT]

mnem
I wonder if SquareTrade will cover these...

Old 06-24-2013, 03:04 AM
rikybob

@ Mneemeth - Good stuff! Yah, It's "Dick-head + tweaking = teasing" rather than "Dickhead + tweaking = trolling. Re: Blades. Wow! You have to have "Jonesy" money to affor those!

@ Kozz - Listen to Mneemeth.

@ Edmund - Safe travel

@ Bryan - How's the Wx up there? Get in any flyin'?

@ All - No flyin' today on day 6 of seven day work week.

All the best!!

b
Old 06-24-2013, 03:09 AM
ahamay

Edmund -

Hope things work out for you; seeing the family is so important. Helps you remember why you do it all...

Okay... please tell me I'm not totally ignorant, and I'm not the only one here who's just now finding out about this wicked awesome means of blowing several hundred dollars on a heli?

http://www.nightmagicblades.com/night-magic-blades

[EDIT]

Bryan - Glad my sleep-depraved mind was able to entertain ya... as you can see, I'm STILL up AGAIN... *Badunka-dunk*

[/EDIT]

mnem
I wonder if SquareTrade will cover these...

Oh yeah, those are cool. You should do your avatar.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:12 AM
ahamay

@ Mneemeth - Good stuff! Yah, It's "Dick-head + tweaking = teasing" rather than "Dickhead + tweaking = trolling. Re: Blades. Wow! You have to have "Jonesy" money to affor those!
Gee I"ve got you fooled then. I'm cheap.... extremely cheap... but not ass cheap as you heheh.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:23 AM
rikybob

@ Mneemeth - Good stuff! Yah, It's ''Dick-head + tweaking = teasing'' rather than ''Dickhead + tweaking = trolling. Re: Blades. Wow! You have to have ''Jonesy'' money to affor those!
Gee I''ve got you fooled then. I'm cheap.... extremely cheap... but not ass cheap as you heheh. [img][/img]
Jonesy,

It's literally embarrassing how cheap I am.

Wifey and I are doing the best we have in our lives monetarily and I'm cheaper than I've EVER been (to myself. I don't mind spending money on others). I will drop 1k on myself around Xmas though. I need to get up with those quad guys at the field. My cheapness tells me that doing my own build will allow me to be more versatile!

Cheers!

b
Old 06-24-2013, 04:18 AM
helicrazedout

@rikybob just saw that new Star Trek movie yesterday ehh wasn't half bad you should go see it bud, kinda annoying that they use Khan for like the thousandth time...

@Edmund enjoy and safe travels

@mnemennth you win the award for the most entertaining posts!

Well i finally tracked down a shop that sells the Wltoys v922 and another shop that sells the Blade mCP X BL BNF. My question is is there really much of a difference between the two? if i get the WLtoys v922 will i regret later not getting the blade?

Hope all is well Jonathan
Old 06-24-2013, 05:51 AM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: helicrazedout

@rikybob just saw that new Star Trek movie yesterday ehh wasn't half bad you should go see it bud, kinda annoying that they use Khan for like the thousandth time...

@Edmund enjoy and safe travels

@mnemennth you win the award for the most entertaining posts!

Well i finally tracked down a shop that sells the Wltoys v922 and another shop that sells the Blade mCP X BL BNF. My question is is there really much of a difference between the two? if i get the WLtoys v922 will i regret later not getting the blade?

Hope all is well Jonathan
Chalk and cheese. The Mcpx BL will scare the pants off you the first time you fly it. It has so much power its rediculous. I still have mine set to 75% pitch and its still crazy.
But it flys so much like a 450 and thats why I like mine.

Old 06-24-2013, 06:00 AM
ingleburn

@ Mneemeth - Good stuff! Yah, It's ''Dick-head + tweaking = teasing'' rather than ''Dickhead + tweaking = trolling. Re: Blades. Wow! You have to have ''Jonesy'' money to affor those!
Gee I''ve got you fooled then. I'm cheap.... extremely cheap... but not ass cheap as you heheh.[img][/img]
Jonesy,

It's literally embarrassing how cheap I am.

Wifey and I are doing the best we have in our lives monetarily and I'm cheaper than I've EVER been (to myself. I don't mind spending money on others). I will drop 1k on myself around Xmas though. I need to get up with those quad guys at the field. My cheapness tells me that doing my own build will allow me to be more versatile!

Cheers!

b
Being cheap just cost me plenty. Been looking at a Align 500 DFC and found one for $560. Not happy with that tried to find one cheaper to no avail.
So I go back to original store and they are out of stock.Now our $ has gone to the dogs so when they finally restock it will prob be $100 dearer. Looks like Im waiting till the $ bounces back which means I might have one in about 5 years.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:59 AM
rikybob

Jonathan - Star Trek was AWESOME and Superman, Man of Steel was even better! Buy and MCP X BL and DON'T look back!

Ingleburn - DOH!!! I have cost myself more money in this hobby. The hobby shop guy said "start bigger" and I said "I know what I'm doing" and he said "You'll crash less and learn just as much" and I said "YOU are just trying to separate me from my wallet" and he said "Whatevers". DOH!

b
Old 06-24-2013, 09:22 AM
helicrazedout

I haven't seen Superman yet i will go this weekend. You guys just keep changing my dam mind If i had not asked i would probably still ignorantly get the V911, glad i asked thanks! Tomorrow i will give this shop a call i pray they have it in stock! Just confused over the receiver in the blade though as it says it requires your own transmitter. Since i have a Dx7 does that mean i have to stick a HUGE orange rx on the back or what? Also would i be right in saying that the flight times for the blade are only 4 minutes max with the stock batteries, that is a bit of a turn off compared to the v922.

@ingleburn, yeah what the hell is the dollar doing to our currencies[:@]....i mean i thought with all the quantitative easing by Mr. Bernanke, the billions of dollars being printed the dollar would plummet but no..instead it strengthens and we pay the price. I guess inflation does not exist. Strange times we are living in.

Jonathan
Old 06-24-2013, 09:45 AM
rikybob

I haven't seen Superman yet i will go this weekend. You guys just keep changing my dam mind If i had not asked i would probably still ignorantly get the V911, glad i asked thanks! Tomorrow i will give this shop a call i pray they have it in stock! Just confused over the receiver in the blade though as it says it requires your own transmitter. Since i have a Dx7 does that mean i have to stick a HUGE orange rx on the back or what? Also would i be right in saying that the flight times for the blade are only 4 minutes max with the stock batteries, that is a bit of a turn off compared to the v922.

@ingleburn, yeah what the hell is the dollar doing to our currencies[:@]....i mean i thought with all the quantitative easing by Mr. Bernanke, the billions of dollars being printed the dollar would plummet but no..instead it strengthens and we pay the price. I guess inflation does not exist. Strange times we are living in.

Jonathan
Hi again Jonathan!

Your DX7 will bind with the Blade MCP X BL with NO issues!

Crash kit needs: Feathering shafts/blade grips, new tail rod (either buy rod stock or ARF from H/H) and skids. If you are Ingleburn, just buy a couple of extra helis!

I frankly will only own things that I can bind (sorry Walkera) with my Spektrum radio. A the level of my hobby (goofin' around) I like being able to bind my 500, MCP X BL, Sailboat(s) and airboat(s) to ONE radio and HATE it that I've got a little collection of Spektrum 5's layin about! [:@]

There are signifantly better Tx's out there but for my likin' and pocket the 7 is ALL I need!

Enjoy!

b

PS Hate it that your currency is going crwazy!

Old 06-24-2013, 01:26 PM
helicrazedout

Jonathan
Hi again Jonathan!

Crash kit needs: Feathering shafts/blade grips, new tail rod (either buy rod stock or ARF from H/H) and skids. If you are Ingleburn, just buy a couple of extra helis!

I frankly will only own things that I can bind (sorry Walkera) with my Spektrum radio. A the level of my hobby (goofin' around) I like being able to bind my 500, MCP X BL, Sailboat(s) and airboat(s) to ONE radio and HATE it that I've got a little collection of Spektrum 5's layin about! [:@]

There are signifantly better Tx's out there but for my likin' and pocket the 7 is ALL I need!

Enjoy!

b

Hi Brian thanks for the help! Great to know that my Dx7 is all i need. Hopefully i am not like Ingleburn no offence I was just watching some youtube videos of this heli and wow i cannot believe the power it has![X(] By the way thanks for nothing Brian, this is all your fault that i am even buying another helicopter i should of never watched your videos [:@] My only concern for this heli is that it is too much power to use indoors and that's kinda what i want an indoor copter. Still after seeing how this copter preforms i don't think i can say no

Jonathan
Old 06-24-2013, 02:03 PM
mnemennth

Jonathan
Jonathan -

I'm going to be blunt here; cuz well... some of the questions you've asked indicate a relatively low level of understanding of modern heli technology, and you seem to be all over the place with what you want. Don't get me wrong; I WANTALLOF'EM myself; and I have a large collection of 450s, Genius, Axe 100 CPs and I've had 1 mCPX (Rev1 brushed) as well as V911s, 9958s, 9938s and even a V913 (400-size 4CHfixed-pitch like the V911 on growth hormone).

What you haven't told us is... what is your actual level of flight experience? What are you ACTUALLYABLETOFLY? Have you gotten bored with Coaxials and want to step up? Are you just now starting with flybarred collective-pitch but haven't actually managed a stable hover? Are you flying collective-pitch and confident in a hover and want to start doing some aerobatics? Are you doing basic aerobatics and thinking about trying inverted?

Think about what you can ACTUALLYDOright now, not what you WANTto do. This will tell us where you need to be shopping.

If you've just used up all that coaxials have to offer, I'll tell you with no hesitation to buy a couple V911s, maybe even the green "V911-1" version they have on sale at the top of the page: Copy the link below; paste it into a new browser window. (F**KYOUWITHAPOINTYSTICK, shareasale.com you worthless redirecting b@stards, you)

banggood.com/buy/v911.html

; it has the big "Hobby-grade" style TX like the V913 in my review:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904964

Now... don't get me wrong; I LOVEmy V913. BUT... it REALLYis too big and slow. If you're looking to step up from coaxials, as gorgeous as it is in all its 400-size glory, I'll STILLtell you to buy 2 0r 3 V911s instead. Because you'll LEARNMORE flying them, and you won't be breaking them as much because they're nearly indestructible (ESPECIALLYcompared to the mCPX which EATStails and skids) and when they DOget broken, you can buy a kit for like US$7 that has every non-electric part in the heli, or you can buy the individual parts for US$0.50-$5 depending on what you need. I've bounced my V911s off of trees, walls, floors, asphalt, cars, my computer monitor and even a water tower and to date, have only KILLEDONE by tripping over a stick and STEPPING on it.

Now if you've flown fixed-pitch and learned all it has to offer, and are ready to try collective-pitch, I'll suggest the V922 RTF; it's selling for US$94 shipped. It's more like a real heli in every respect, it comes with a TX that's already programmed for it, and it has a really huge following on RCGroups just like the V911 and the mCPX. If the local vendor who is offering it stocks parts, you have an intermediate CPheli that flies better than a stock mCPXfor about half the cost.

Now the mCPX is like the Chevy Nova of microhelis; it's quite possibly the most-hacked heli microheli out there. This means you can buy repair and mod parts and bling from almost anywhere; but it's STILLgramma's grocery-getter as you get it. You can buy mod parts from mild to wild, but you HAVE to mod it to get any real performance, and truthfully, just to keep it from breaking all the time. BUT... it's like rice; it's EVERYWHERE; parts are available everywhere, as long as you have the money. Also, programming for it is easy; you can download profiles from the internet and put 'em right on the CFcard in your DX7i. Wait... do you have a DX7, or DX7i?

Now... if you're an experienced CPpilot, looking to get into something closer to a 450 but without the mechanical engineering learning of building a 450, I'll suggest the Blade SR120 flybarred towards the "just hovering" end of the scale or if you have the funds and are more at the basic aerobatics level, the 130x. They are AWESOME mid-micro helis that can take you from basic hovering to basic aerobatics with the SR120, or from basic aerobatics to full-out inverted mayhem with the 130x.

Bottom line is this: buy based on what your level of flight is NOW, NOTwhat you "want to be" in a couple years. You will just beat yourself up with frustration and grow to hate your hobby. That was my mistake in starting out with the 450s, and now I've crashed a few dozen of those and learned the "Wallet Burn" dance, I wish I'd bought a V911 or three FIRST, then the Genius, THEN gotten into the more mainstream "Real" helis.

Also... if you really don't KNOWwhat your level of skill is, I hate to recommend against going out in the real sun and grass and flying but... forget the real helis altogether for a while; spend the money on software and get a dozen weekends worth of stick time on a good sim. This will help you figure out where you are without the distraction and anxiety of the whole "Fly 30 seconds, crash, save money, repair, rinse, repeat" thing.

mnem
Now, now... no trimming my nose hairs with that thing...
Old 06-24-2013, 02:13 PM
rikybob

Jonathan
Jonathan -

I'm going to be blunt here; cuz well... some of the questions you've asked indicate a relatively low level of understanding of modern heli technology, and you seem to be all over the place with what you want. Don't get me wrong; I WANT ALL OF 'EM myself; and I have a large collection of 450s, Genius, Axe 100 CPs and I've had 1 mCPX (Rev1 brushed) as well as V911s, 9958s, 9938s and even a V913 (400-size 4CH fixed-pitch like the V911 on growth hormone).

What you haven't told us is... what is your actual level of flight experience? What are you ACTUALLY ABLE TO FLY? Have you gotten bored with Coaxials and want to step up? Are you just now starting with flybarred collective-pitch but haven't actually managed a stable hover? Are you flying collective-pitch and confident in a hover and want to start doing some aerobatics? Are you doing basic aerobatics and thinking about trying inverted?

Think about what you can ACTUALLY DO right now, not what you WANT to do. This will tell us where you need to be shopping.

If you've just used up all that coaxials have to offer, I'll tell you with no hesitation to buy a couple V911s, maybe even the green ''V911-1'' version they have on sale at the top of the page:

http://www.banggood.com/buy/v911.html

; it has the big ''Hobby-grade'' style TX like the V913 in my review:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904964

Now... don't get me wrong; I LOVE my V913. BUT... it REALLY is too big and slow. If you're looking to step up from coaxials, as gorgeous as it is in all its 400-size glory, I'll STILL tell you to buy 2 0r 3 V911s instead. Because you'll LEARN MORE flying them, and you won't be breaking them as much because they're nearly indestructible (ESPECIALLY compared to the mCPX which EATS tails and skids) and when they DO get broken, you can buy a kit for like US$7 that has every non-electric part in the heli, or you can buy the individual parts for US$0.50-$5 depending on what you need. I've bounced my V911s off of trees, walls, floors, asphalt, cars, my computer monitor and even a water tower and to date, have only KILLED ONE by tripping over a stick and STEPPING on it.

Now if you've flown fixed-pitch and learned all it has to offer, and are ready to try collective-pitch, I'll suggest the V922 RTF; it's selling for US$94 shipped. It's more like a real heli in every respect, it comes with a TX that's already programmed for it, and it has a really huge following on RCGroups just like the V911 and the mCPX. If the local vendor who is offering it stocks parts, you have an intermediate CP heli that flies better than a stock mCPX for about half the cost.

Now the mCPX is like the Chevy Nova of microhelis; it's quite possibly the most-hacked heli microheli out there. This means you can buy repair and mod parts and bling from almost anywhere; but it's STILL gramma's grocery-getter as you get it. You can buy mod parts from mild to wild, but you HAVE to mod it to get any real performance, and truthfully, just to keep it from breaking all the time. BUT... it's like rice; it's EVERYWHERE; parts are available everywhere, as long as you have the money. Also, programming for it is easy; you can download profiles from the internet and put 'em right on the CF card in your DX7i. Wait... do you have a DX7, or DX7i?

Now... if you're an experienced CP pilot, looking to get into something closer to a 450 but without the mechanical engineering learning of building a 450, I'll suggest the Blade SR120 flybarred towards the ''just hovering'' end of the scale or if you have the funds and are more at the basic aerobatics level, the 130x. They are AWESOME mid-micro helis that can take you from basic hovering to basic aerobatics with the SR120, or from basic aerobatics to full-out inverted mayhem with the 130x.

Bottom line is this: buy based on what your level of flight is NOW, NOT what you ''want to be'' in a couple years. You will just beat yourself up with frustration and grow to hate your hobby. That was my mistake in starting out with the 450s, and now I've crashed a few dozen of those and learned the ''Wallet Burn'' dance, I wish I'd bought a V911 or three FIRST, then the Genius, THEN gotten into the more mainstream ''Real'' helis.

Also... if you really don't KNOW what your level of skill is, I hate to recommend against going out in the real sun and grass and flying but... forget the real helis altogether for a while; spend the money on software and get a dozen weekends worth of stick time on a good sim. This will help you figure out where you are without the distraction and anxiety of the whole ''Fly 30 seconds, crash, save money, repair, rinse, repeat'' thing.

mnem
Now, now... no trimming my nose hairs with that thing...
+1!

I don't disagree with any of the above.

I've been remiss in that I'm pretty good about asking that very basic question.

Have you flown and what is your skill set?

I just did that ITRW the other day at the "club".

I have been surprised before how well versed folk are in "talking about" helis but nothing in practice.

Goodonya Mndneneexth!

b
Old 06-24-2013, 02:15 PM
rikybob

Jonathan
Hi again Jonathan!

Enjoy!

b

Hi Brian thanks for the help! Great to know that my Dx7 is all i need. Hopefully i am not like Ingleburn no offence I was just watching some youtube videos of this heli and wow i cannot believe the power it has![X(] By the way thanks for nothing Brian, this is all your fault that i am even buying another helicopter i should of never watched your videos [:@] My only concern for this heli is that it is too much power to use indoors and that's kinda what i want an indoor copter. Still after seeing how this copter preforms i don't think i can say no

Jonathan

Don't thank me too soon.

In our casual atmosphere I forgot to ask fundamental questions that Mnennxth has queried!

Lets see your response!

b
Old 06-24-2013, 02:40 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

Howdy Boy's yes old Hugh is still amongst the living! Had one of those weeks and weekend.I've been dealing with a left neck,sholder,arm problem, pain throughout, everyone says I pinched a nerve!Tried hot cold even a few long necks to no avail.Slept wrong all over the bed last night and the pain has gotten better. Hard to fly when you can't look to your left with out going DAMM!Had to fix the lawn mower the field is taking it's toll on it this year Dam Chicken Poop!I did manage to get the trex 500 back to life with a new tail servo, I had a futaba gy611 set up on it, loved it except way to tail heavy! Got it up for sale on rcu.Other than that SOS.Jonathan yes I do have to agree whit the others, Need to know your skill levelBetween the mcpx bl and 130x My opinion Is I would go with the mcpx more forgiving and you can fly them inside, Just ask my cat!The 130x is a nice bird but in the event of a crash It's kind of like the 450 you have to rebuild the whole thing.mcpx hits the grass push the landing gear back on ck the blades and you off flying again. Talking from experience mine hit the ground many times! Hugh
Old 06-24-2013, 02:43 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: hugj

Howdy Boy's yes old Hugh is still amongst the living! Had one of those weeks and weekend.I've been dealing with a left neck,sholder,arm problem, pain throughout, everyone says I pinched a nerve!Tried hot cold even a few long necks to no avail.Slept wrong all over the bed last night and the pain has gotten better. Hard to fly when you can't look to your left with out going DAMM!Had to fix the lawn mower the field is taking it's toll on it this year Dam Chicken Poop!I did manage to get the trex 500 back to life with a new tail servo, I had a futaba gy611 set up on it, loved it except way to tail heavy! Got it up for sale on rcu.Other than that SOS.Jonathan yes I do have to agree whit the others, Need to know your skill levelBetween the mcpx bl and 130x My opinion Is I would go with the mcpx more forgiving and you can fly them inside, Just ask my cat!The 130x is a nice bird but in the event of a crash It's kind of like the 450 you have to rebuild the whole thing.mcpx hits the grass push the landing gear back on ck the blades and you off flying again. Talking from experience mine hit the ground many times! Hugh

Glad to hear from you Hugh and sorry about the "Lurgy"!

Hopefully it will wan like the moon!

All the best!

b
Old 06-24-2013, 02:58 PM
ingleburn

Yes I will stick my hand up and say I should have asked that first as well. If you are not experienced in CP's you will kill a Mcpx BL in a nano second.
But I think you said you have a 450 thats been flown to bits? If its for indoors then I would forget about it as well unless you are really experienced.
To add another heli into the mix what about one of these. www.bladehelis.com/Products/Default.aspx

Hang around here for to long and you will end up like me. Suckered into buying more helis than you can fly. I think his name starts with B.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:05 PM
helicrazedout

Thanks for the help guys! Yes you are 100% right it would appear as if my eyes are bigger then my thumbs so too speak. Since you asked let me tell you just where i am in terms of Helicopter flight experience. I started flying about 5 years ago on a Co-comanche 4ch quickly grew out of it and bought a Trex-450pro which i flew for about 3 years. During those 3 years i became quite good (at least i think haha.) at normal sport flying figure 8s, nose in, basically flying the t-rex pretty hard. I have NEVER attempted any 3d nor any setup for 3d flying. i would like to try it someday. Then came the day where i crashed my t-rex very hard basically wreaked the chopper and on the shelf it went.

I dont know why but it sat on the shelf for the next 2 and half years and i never repaired it i guess that's life. After that time period off the shelf it went i bought replacement parts and basically built it again this was my first time actually repairing my t-rex 450 myself as before my local hobby shop used to do my repairs as a service they offered. I have come to the realisation that i want to be able to fully build and set-up my helicopters myself i don't want to rely on a hobby shop for building or set-up as i once did. This was only recently that i fixed my trex-450 about 2 moths ago and i really love it!

I then began looking for a bigger helicopter in the 600 size and bought a KDS-600 Innova which came complete with all the parts and electronics but totally disassembled. It is now sitting half built on my shelf complete minus the electronics which i am so eager to put on. I am only waiting for the batteries to arrive then i will try my best to set-up all the electronics. I will not lie i feel like i am in over my head with this chopper in terms of proper set-up but i guess i have to learn sometime. I am also waiting on a HK-450 to arrive in the post which i have all the electronics for. I just thought that getting a blade mcp would be a good and cheaper way for me to make my entrance into 3d flying as i am not keen to try it on my other choppers, also its nice to have an indoor heli

And that my dear friends brings me to the point where i am right now. Okay now you may all criticize me relentlessly since you must all think i am mad trying to go for 3 helicopters at the same time when the truth is i am not a very experienced pilot but i am more then willing to learn. Yes i am probably in over my head but it is too late to turn back now

@mnemennth i have a phoenix 4 sim and a Dx7 not Dx7i. I just have to say that your posts are some are the most helpful i have ever read much appreciated!

Jonathan
Old 06-24-2013, 03:16 PM
rikybob

Thanks for the help guys! Yes you are 100% right it would appear as if my eyes are bigger then my thumbs so too speak. Since you asked let me tell you just where i am in terms of Helicopter flight experience. I started flying about 5 years ago on a Co-comanche 4ch quickly grew out of it and bought a Trex-450pro which i flew for about 3 years. During those 3 years i became quite good (at least i think haha.) at normal sport flying figure 8s, nose in, basically flying the t-rex pretty hard. I have NEVER attempted any 3d nor any setup for 3d flying. i would like to try it someday. Then came the day where i crashed my t-rex very hard basically wreaked the chopper and on the shelf it went.

I dont know why but it sat on the shelf for the next 2 and half years and i never repaired it i guess that's life. After that time period off the shelf it went i bought replacement parts and basically built it again this was my first time actually repairing my t-rex 450 myself as before my local hobby shop used to do my repairs as a service they offered. I have come to the realisation that i want to be able to fully build and set-up my helicopters myself i don't want to rely on a hobby shop for building or set-up as i once did. This was only recently that i fixed my trex-450 about 2 moths ago and i really love it!

I then began looking for a bigger helicopter in the 600 size and bought a KDS-600 Innova which came complete with all the parts and electronics but totally disassembled. It is now sitting half built on my shelf complete minus the electronics which i am so eager to put on. I am only waiting for the batteries to arrive then i will try my best to set-up all the electronics. I will not lie i feel like i am in over my head with this chopper in terms of proper set-up but i guess i have to learn sometime. I am also waiting on a HK-450 to arrive in the post which i have all the electronics for. I just thought that getting a blade mcp would be a good and cheaper way for me to make my entrance into 3d flying as i am not keen to try it on my other choppers, also its nice to have an indoor heli

And that my dear friends brings me to the point where i am right now. Okay now you may all criticize me relentlessly since you must all think i am mad trying to go for 3 helicopters at the same time when the truth is i am not a very experienced pilot but i am more then willing to learn. Yes i am probably in over my head but it is too late to turn back now

@mnemennth i have a phoenix 4 sim and a Dx7 not Dx7i. I just have to say that your posts are some are the most helpful i have ever read much appreciated!

Jonathan
Great benchmark Jonathan!

You actually are where you SHOULD be. Not mad at all!

Enjoy the builds (bigger 'uns are easier to build and fly)!

Prolly the 9 series of which Mmnennthqth speaks is the route to go rather than the MCP X BL. It is AMAZINGLY powerful as the walls are undoubtably in your home!

Yah, Mmnennthqth is not only informative but wildly entertaining!

Infotainment!!!

b

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.