Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 03:44 PM
rikybob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Bladipity blah....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI-1FJ6rpM8[/youtube]
Old 06-24-2013, 04:22 PM
mnemennth

ORIGINAL: rikybob

ORIGINAL: helicrazedout

Thanks for the help guys! Yes you are 100% right it would appear as if my eyes are bigger then my thumbs so too speak. Since you asked let me tell you just where i am in terms of Helicopter flight experience. I started flying about 5 years ago on a Co-comanche 4ch quickly grew out of it and bought a Trex-450pro which i flew for about 3 years. During those 3 years i became quite good (at least i think haha.) at normal sport flying figure 8s, nose in, basically flying the t-rex pretty hard. I have NEVER attempted any 3d nor any setup for 3d flying. i would like to try it someday. Then came the day where i crashed my t-rex very hard basically wreaked the chopper and on the shelf it went.

I dont know why but it sat on the shelf for the next 2 and half years and i never repaired it i guess that's life. After that time period off the shelf it went i bought replacement parts and basically built it again this was my first time actually repairing my t-rex 450 myself as before my local hobby shop used to do my repairs as a service they offered. I have come to the realisation that i want to be able to fully build and set-up my helicopters myself i don't want to rely on a hobby shop for building or set-up as i once did. This was only recently that i fixed my trex-450 about 2 moths ago and i really love it!

I then began looking for a bigger helicopter in the 600 size and bought a KDS-600 Innova which came complete with all the parts and electronics but totally disassembled. It is now sitting half built on my shelf complete minus the electronics which i am so eager to put on. I am only waiting for the batteries to arrive then i will try my best to set-up all the electronics. I will not lie i feel like i am in over my head with this chopper in terms of proper set-up but i guess i have to learn sometime. I am also waiting on a HK-450 to arrive in the post which i have all the electronics for. I just thought that getting a blade mcp would be a good and cheaper way for me to make my entrance into 3d flying as i am not keen to try it on my other choppers, also its nice to have an indoor heli

And that my dear friends brings me to the point where i am right now. Okay now you may all criticize me relentlessly since you must all think i am mad trying to go for 3 helicopters at the same time when the truth is i am not a very experienced pilot but i am more then willing to learn. Yes i am probably in over my head but it is too late to turn back now

@mnemennth i have a phoenix 4 sim and a Dx7 not Dx7i. I just have to say that your posts are some are the most helpful i have ever read much appreciated!

Jonathan
Great benchmark Jonathan!

You actually are where you SHOULD be. Not mad at all!

Enjoy the builds (bigger 'uns are easier to build and fly)!

Prolly the 9 series of which Mmnennthqth speaks is the route to go rather than the MCP X BL. It is AMAZINGLY powerful as the walls are undoubtably in your home!

Yah, Mmnennthqth is not only informative but wildly entertaining!

Infotainment!!!

b

Jonathan -

From what you describe, I'll say you're probably right around where I'm at, only you were able to develop some chops with the 450 before totaling it, while I just totaled mine time and again. You are at the level of "Comfortable with hover flight, just starting on basic aerobatics".

I think... if you've never done indoor flight you'll want to start with a V911; you need to get used to being aware of your space. 0utside with a 450 you can always go UP if you get in trouble and you get used to having the great outdoors to "fly sloppy" if need be. Indoor flight, especially in a house, requires a bit more precision and the V911 is a good start at learning that, plus it's CHEAP.

This is a tough call actually, since I've never actually seen you fly. You could fly the V911 for a couple weeks and get bored with it and be needing a V922 or mCPX, or you could find like my buddy Brook that the V911 is a nice way to practice basic hover skills inside without worrying about crashing and costing yourself $50 in a half-second. (SOeasy with any Collective-pitch microheli) Either way, the V911 is the cheapest way to find out and if you DO get bored with it quick, you'll have no trouble getting 3/4 of your money back unless you've totaled it; which will cost like $7 to fix. In which case, it REALLYISwhat you should be flying, at least for an indoor heli. The CP microhelis are just SO quick compared to a 450; you'll find yourself bouncing off of walls, ceiling, floors, fans, the dog, etc and not really learning flight if you're not absolutely ready for them.

If you want to learn how to build and service your heli, start with MikeysRC.com:

http://mikeysrc.com/Low-Cost-450-Heli.html

Pay special attention to how to set up the head and servos; I learned more from 2 hours of his videos than days of reading on the web.

For the basics of building to the fundamentals of flight, there is none better than Finless Bob. Start here:

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692

You'll learn a LOT.

I'd say start with learning how to properly set up both your 450s; once you get a handle on that, apply what you've learned to the 600 and that build. It's a lot easier to transfer knowledge from one heli of a type to another of the same type. Remember, you can still build the 600 and get it set up, the hardest parts, without the batteries and motor. Actually, probably a good idea to avoid temptation. The KDS-600 is a nice bit of kit, but the head and driveline geometry are different from the 450V2 &450Pro. Once you fully understand the 450 (if you have to ask yourself if you do, you don't yet) and how everything works together to make a flying machine, and you realize how the things that are different on your 450Pro and your 450V2 work to do the same job, and how they are different, you'll be ready to set up that 600.

I know Brian is right in that the 600 will probably be easier to work on because it's bigger; but we're talking about learning, too, and I don't think he would have been able to appreciate the strengths of his 500 near as much without his experience with the 450 first.

I found much the same thing working with my microhelis vs my 450s.

mnem
ZZZzzzZZZzzz...
Old 06-24-2013, 04:24 PM
hugj
My Feedback: (7)

On another note Trivia!  I was watching Modern Marvels and learned who the father of radio control was, Any Guess?
Old 06-24-2013, 04:29 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: hugj

On another note Trivia! I was watching Modern Marvels and learned who the father of radio control was, Any Guess?
I refuse to cheat!

Who I wunder?

BTW watching M/M now, Dangerous Roads!

b
Old 06-24-2013, 04:33 PM
hugj

A Give away He also is the father of AC
Old 06-24-2013, 04:35 PM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

Thanks for the help guys! Yes you are 100% right it would appear as if my eyes are bigger then my thumbs so too speak. Since you asked let me tell you just where i am in terms of Helicopter flight experience. I started flying about 5 years ago on a Co-comanche 4ch quickly grew out of it and bought a Trex-450pro which i flew for about 3 years. During those 3 years i became quite good (at least i think haha.) at normal sport flying figure 8s, nose in, basically flying the t-rex pretty hard. I have NEVER attempted any 3d nor any setup for 3d flying. i would like to try it someday. Then came the day where i crashed my t-rex very hard basically wreaked the chopper and on the shelf it went.

I dont know why but it sat on the shelf for the next 2 and half years and i never repaired it i guess that's life. After that time period off the shelf it went i bought replacement parts and basically built it again this was my first time actually repairing my t-rex 450 myself as before my local hobby shop used to do my repairs as a service they offered. I have come to the realisation that i want to be able to fully build and set-up my helicopters myself i don't want to rely on a hobby shop for building or set-up as i once did. This was only recently that i fixed my trex-450 about 2 moths ago and i really love it!

I then began looking for a bigger helicopter in the 600 size and bought a KDS-600 Innova which came complete with all the parts and electronics but totally disassembled. It is now sitting half built on my shelf complete minus the electronics which i am so eager to put on. I am only waiting for the batteries to arrive then i will try my best to set-up all the electronics. I will not lie i feel like i am in over my head with this chopper in terms of proper set-up but i guess i have to learn sometime. I am also waiting on a HK-450 to arrive in the post which i have all the electronics for. I just thought that getting a blade mcp would be a good and cheaper way for me to make my entrance into 3d flying as i am not keen to try it on my other choppers, also its nice to have an indoor heli

And that my dear friends brings me to the point where i am right now. Okay now you may all criticize me relentlessly since you must all think i am mad trying to go for 3 helicopters at the same time when the truth is i am not a very experienced pilot but i am more then willing to learn. Yes i am probably in over my head but it is too late to turn back now

@mnemennth i have a phoenix 4 sim and a Dx7 not Dx7i. I just have to say that your posts are some are the most helpful i have ever read much appreciated!

Jonathan

Prolly the 9 series of which Mmnennthqth speaks is the route to go rather than the MCP X BL. It is AMAZINGLY powerful as the walls are undoubtably in your home!

Infotainment!!!

b

Jonathan -

From what you describe, I'll say you're probably right around where I'm at, only you were able to develop some chops with the 450 before totaling it, while I just totaled mine time and again. You are at the level of ''Comfortable with hover flight, just starting on basic aerobatics''.

I think... if you've never done indoor flight you'll want to start with a V911; you need to get used to being aware of your space. 0utside with a 450 you can always go UP if you get in trouble and you get used to having the great outdoors to ''fly sloppy'' if need be. Indoor flight, especially in a house, requires a bit more precision and the V911 is a good start at learning that, plus it's CHEAP.

This is a tough call actually, since I've never actually seen you fly. You could fly the V911 for a couple weeks and get bored with it and be needing a V922 or mCPX, or you could find like my buddy Brook that the V911 is a nice way to practice basic hover skills inside without worrying about crashing and costing yourself $50 in a half-second. (SO easy with any Collective-pitch microheli) Either way, the V911 is the cheapest way to find out and if you DO get bored with it quick, you'll have no trouble getting 3/4 of your money back unless you've totaled it; which will cost like $7 to fix. In which case, it REALLY IS what you should be flying, at least for an indoor heli. The CP microhelis are just SO quick compared to a 450; you'll find yourself bouncing off of walls, ceiling, floors, fans, the dog, etc and not really learning flight if you're not absolutely ready for them.

If you want to learn how to build and service your heli, start with MikeysRC.com:

Pay special attention to how to set up the head and servos; I learned more from 2 hours of his videos than days of reading on the web.

For the basics of building to the fundamentals of flight, there is none better than Finless Bob. Start here:

You'll learn a LOT.

I'd say start with learning how to properly set up both your 450s; once you get a handle on that, apply what you've learned to the 600 and that build. It's a lot easier to transfer knowledge from one heli of a type to another of the same type. Remember, you can still build the 600 and get it set up, the hardest parts, without the batteries and motor. Actually, probably a good idea to avoid temptation. The KDS-600 is a nice bit of kit, but the head and driveline geometry are different from the 450V2 & 450Pro. Once you fully understand the 450 (if you have to ask yourself if you do, you don't yet) and how everything works together to make a flying machine, and you realize how the things that are different on your 450Pro and your 450V2 work to do the same job, and how they are different, you'll be ready to set up that 600.

I know Brian is right in that the 600 will probably be easier to work on because it's bigger; but we're talking about learning, too, and I don't think he would have been able to appreciate the strengths of his 500 near as much without his experience with the 450 first.

mnem
ZZZzzzZZZzzz...

Agreed.

With his personal situation since he has and will have 450 kits in his hand and having already mastered the damnable little platform I would master the setup there 1st before lopping an arm off with the 600.

Probably your best bet is to follow the Creepy puppet dood (Mikeys RC) but just don't let him touch you in a bad place and utilize Finless.

You're biggest stumbling block will be YOU.

Don't get too jazzed and go slow and check, check double check what you're doing and don't be afraid of leaving your blades off!

Safety 1st! Not 3rd!

b
Old 06-24-2013, 04:37 PM
rikybob

A Give away He also is the father of AC

CARRIER!!!

Do I win a pie?

b
Old 06-24-2013, 04:37 PM
hugj

Thinking of going for a ride in Bolivia, How about that road for a commute
Old 06-24-2013, 04:39 PM
hugj

Not air conditioning, ac electricity
Old 06-24-2013, 04:40 PM
rikybob

Thinking of going for a ride in Bolivia, How about that road for a commute

It made me so nervous I almost fell off my couch!

b

Old 06-24-2013, 04:41 PM
rikybob

Not air conditioning, ac electricity
Oh. Dang. Not Tesla? Wasn't he DC?

Edison???

b
Old 06-24-2013, 04:43 PM
hugj

It reminded me of driving here in Athens ga, With the uga studentsBTW Nikola Tesla1898 a radio controlled boat!
Old 06-24-2013, 04:45 PM
rikybob

It reminded me of driving here in Athens ga, With the uga studentsBTW Nikola Tesla1898 a radio controlled boat!

Ahhhh so it WAS Tesla??

Hmmmmm?

b

EDIT: Not gonna believe this but Tom Frank just PM'd me and told me to get back on topic here. D1CK![:@]

Old 06-24-2013, 04:46 PM
hugj

No Pies , but how about some smoked pulled pork or smoked turkey?
Old 06-24-2013, 04:47 PM
rikybob

No Pies , but how about some smoked pulled pork or smoked turkey?
Just had smoked pork butt last Saturday. Dang it wha goot!!!

b
Old 06-24-2013, 04:49 PM
hugj

OK back to the topic of what heli Jonathan should get, Whatever his little heart wants! We will help all we can to make him a great pilot and builder.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:50 PM
hugj

BTY  who is tom frank?
Old 06-24-2013, 05:00 PM
rikybob

BTY who is tom frank?

It's a terrible running joke about a fella on another web forum thread who actually has "sand in his clam".

I and others routinely stop by the thread and ask seemingly inane questions which set off a Don Rickles like tirade about our unbelievable and incomprehensible stupidity.

It's been made clear by sycophants that I and others (read: Ingleburn) breached his forum rules by going off topic when he simply wants to have JUST non repeated germane questions with ONLY remarks about the #16 camera DAMNIT!![:@]

You met this guy before just by a different name. You meet them daily.

My right hand to God I'm going to name all the narcissistic, lack of breast fed little-boy-men that I have to deal with "Tom Franks" on the job. It will be our own little joke.

But I digress......

b
Old 06-24-2013, 05:15 PM
pushinoldrc
My Feedback: (46)

BTW Nikola Tesla1898 a radio controlled boat!
Mary (wifey) cheated. She says it was John Hays Hammond. Not the guy from Jurassic park, but a friend of Tesla's. He was an apprentice under Edison at 12 years old in 1898, and is considered the father of radio control due to the experiments he performed with Edison. He later worked with Tesla to build a small radio controlled boat. The boat was exhibited at Madison Square Garden and it apparrently obeyed commands from the audience, but was infact controlled by Tesla.
In 1923, radio control control gear developed by Hammond was installed on the obsolete USS Iowa, a target ship for radio controlled naval artillery target practice.
In the 1930's the Soviet Army used radio controlled Teletanks during the winter war against Finland. A teletank is controlled by radio from a 'control tank' at a distance of 500 to 1500 meters. The two tanks constituted a telemechanical group. The Red Army also had remotely controlled Cutters and airplanes.
In the 1930's Brittain developed a radio controlled Tiger Moth called the 'Queen Bee'. It was used for gunnery firing practice. 1.

1. Wikipedia
Old 06-24-2013, 08:45 PM
ahamay

EDIT: Not gonna believe this but Tom Frank just PM'd me and told me to get back on topic here. D1CK![:@]
I can't believe how easy it is to have multiple usernames on RCG and switch between them..... Mwwwwwwwwwwwhahahahhah

Now back on topic people.....

Invested in a couple more packs for my 500 and went to go fly today and in between leaving work and arriving at the field somehow the wind had dialed upto about 40 knots. The 500 can handle it me thinks...... Well I only flew one pack and called it a day. Nearly dumped it trying to land.

My white blades turned up today.... oh the visibilty will be back... nice.

Sand in the clam ..... heheheheh
Old 06-24-2013, 08:59 PM
ingleburn

Loving the traffic on the forum at the moment. At this rate Jonesy will be starting part V in no time.
It goes quiet when everyone is flying and there are no problems but throw a few new guys in here that need advice and you can see why this is the best thread going.
I might have to look for an indoor area as the rain here doesnt look like its ever going to stop. The fleet is all ready to roll so cant even beat the boredom with some maintenance.
Now if only I had another heli to build. Even hooked up the sim to my big TV but got bored after 30 minutes. Theres nothing like the real thing.

My new case and battery arrived for the #16 but they gave me an old style case and a new style battery which is to big to fit in. Guess I better just give up and go to work.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:08 PM
mnemennth

It reminded me of driving here in Athens ga, With the uga students BTW Nikola Tesla1898 a radio controlled boat!

Ahhhh so it WAS Tesla??

Hmmmmm?

b

*Snickers at Brian*

I love ya man... I promise... but I thought you said Tom had no sense of humor ?!? *Tosses him a shiny new clampot* Heh...

*Ducks the flying boot*

Tesla was a true, real live mad genius. He forgot more about wave propagation before Hammond and Edison started working in radio than many modern radio engineers will ever know. The man had a gift; an intuitive understanding of the mechanics of wave theory. Problem was, especially after being hounded (and stolen from lock, stock & tuning fork) by Edison half his life, he learned to keep it all in his head. This makes proving prior art a bit hard; but in any confrontation between Edison and Tesla over who invented what, I'm going to side with Tesla. Edison was NOinventor; he was a businessman of the PTBarnum variety, who created the business of invention, nor the ARTof it.

Edison, after being soundly trounced by Tesla's repeated proof of how much better AC was at transmitting power over long distances, set about to destroy Tesla. How? By staging demonstrations where he PUBLICLYELECTROCUTEDSMALLANIMALS saying that ACwas the devil's invention and would kill us all. He was very nearly lynched in one small town; one of the dogs he killed turned out to be the pet of the daughter of one of the town's founders, and she was there to witness the heinous act. Turns out his assistants were as trustworthy as he; when seeking out subjects for the demonstrations they "liberated"pretty much any suitably sized animal that wasn't nailed down.

Soon after, Tesla won the contract with George Westinghouse to set up & power a town 40 miles from Niagara Falls (The best Edison had managed using DC, with massive railroad-sized cables, was a couple miles) with AC power; his lab there still exists. Were it not for having to constantly defend his incredibly brilliant, yet also anti-commercial (some would say downright socialist) dream of free broadcast power for all who needed it; Tesla's later life would have been much different. The works he might have wrought would surely have changed the world even further; and would have made our world a much different place.

http://www.teslasociety.com/niagarafalls.htm

http://www.teslasciencecenter.org/

Plus, the guy walked around setting boards on fire with his bare hands and shooting lightning bolts from his fingertips. How bad*ss is that?

mnem
Hephaestus, my hindfoot.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:16 AM
rikybob

@ Jonesy - Yepper the 500 can handle the wind but not ALL wind! Maniac!! What kind off batteries did you get I wunder??

@ Ingleburn - Yah, I need a project. We are in the mode here to where it is soooooo hot in the middle of the day one doesn't want to fly! I say it's so hot and sunny that I saw a squirrel rubbing lotion on his nutz! (Stop me, please)!

@ Mnmmsnenth - Tesla like many mad geniuses and truly artistic lot didn't know how to manage their lives and folks took advantage of them. I wish he could have came up with a viable way to transmit electricity without wires (effectively) but that died with him.

An interesting factoid about AC/DC. Not only is it difficult to transmit DC ANY distance at all efficiently but DC KILLS in very low voltage/current due to the way it interferes with our little heart running at 1.3 watts

EDIT: Not gonna believe this but Tom Frank just PM'd me and told me to get back on topic here. D1CK! I liked my little bid at self effacing humor!

Yah, time for the ole running joke to die!

Working last day biiizzziizzzzzaches then flyin' in the morning!

b

Old 06-25-2013, 08:09 AM
helicrazedout

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

Jonathan

Infotainment!!!

b

Jonathan -

From what you describe, I'll say you're probably right around where I'm at, only you were able to develop some chops with the 450 before totaling it, while I just totaled mine time and again. You are at the level of ''Comfortable with hover flight, just starting on basic aerobatics''.

I think... if you've never done indoor flight you'll want to start with a V911; you need to get used to being aware of your space. 0utside with a 450 you can always go UP if you get in trouble and you get used to having the great outdoors to ''fly sloppy'' if need be. Indoor flight, especially in a house, requires a bit more precision and the V911 is a good start at learning that, plus it's CHEAP.

This is a tough call actually, since I've never actually seen you fly. You could fly the V911 for a couple weeks and get bored with it and be needing a V922 or mCPX, or you could find like my buddy Brook that the V911 is a nice way to practice basic hover skills inside without worrying about crashing and costing yourself $50 in a half-second. (SO easy with any Collective-pitch microheli) Either way, the V911 is the cheapest way to find out and if you DO get bored with it quick, you'll have no trouble getting 3/4 of your money back unless you've totaled it; which will cost like $7 to fix. In which case, it REALLY IS what you should be flying, at least for an indoor heli. The CP microhelis are just SO quick compared to a 450; you'll find yourself bouncing off of walls, ceiling, floors, fans, the dog, etc and not really learning flight if you're not absolutely ready for them.

You'll learn a LOT.

I'd say start with learning how to properly set up both your 450s; once you get a handle on that, apply what you've learned to the 600 and that build. It's a lot easier to transfer knowledge from one heli of a type to another of the same type. Remember, you can still build the 600 and get it set up, the hardest parts, without the batteries and motor. Actually, probably a good idea to avoid temptation. The KDS-600 is a nice bit of kit, but the head and driveline geometry are different from the 450V2 & 450Pro. Once you fully understand the 450 (if you have to ask yourself if you do, you don't yet) and how everything works together to make a flying machine, and you realize how the things that are different on your 450Pro and your 450V2 work to do the same job, and how they are different, you'll be ready to set up that 600.

mnem
ZZZzzzZZZzzz...
Really an amazing post thank you! Brian it sure is infotainment or whatever you said...i had a brief look at those building videos that's just the type of help i need, so i am gonna grab my popcorn and get watching Well i went to the hobby shop today and bought the V911 then i saw the v922 just sitting there and ummmm i just could not resist! so i got that too I guess for now i will stay away from the blade mcp x bnf but mark my words i shalt return! I have just flown the v911 twice and i feel like i have pretty much mastered it, very easy to fly no hassels, although it keeps pulling to the left quite a bit! As for the v922 it is just sitting there i have not touched it i am super scared of it! all the horror stories you guys have told me[X(] Anything i should do before i fly it??? i would like to have the maiden flight tonight if i can. very exciting stuff!

@Brian totally right i will master the 450s before that 600 lifts 2 inches off the ground. And i will wear my anti-protection-rape suit so that Mikey does not touch me in a bad place[X(] otherwise i think all is going well.

@hugj, nice to meet you! You're not joking about that road in Bolivia![X(] i think R/C flying at that altitude would probably be a good idea, the lack of brain oxygen would make me a pro[8D]

@ingleburn sorry about the bad weather mate, hopefully it clears up soon! Don't you have any indoor choppers?

@mnemennth and by the way, there is no way we are on the same level you are light years ahead of me Captain Kirk.

Your pal,
Jonathan
Old 06-25-2013, 09:55 AM
mnemennth

Jonathan -

On the V911, you need to trim it out by lengthening or shortening the servo links at the swash. If it's drifting left, you need to correct to the right by lengthening the LEFTSERVOLINK (Aileron), to do this, twist counterclockwise a couple turns; turning clockwise will correct towards the left. If it drifts rearward (They almost all do a little out of the box) the RIGHTSERVOLINK (Elevator) will correct towards FORWARD motion if you shorten it (Turn clockwise) or correct towards rearward motion by lengthening. (CCW).

If you observe the action of the servos and the action of your cyclic at the TX, it's pretty easy to see what I'm talking about.

Just out of curiosity; are you flying your V911 indoors or out? Also, are you flying in high rates or low? The left shoulder button toggles between the two; in high rates the V911 is a pretty spirited flyer, especially in a closed space. I find that it's good for 4-5 minutes on a pack; you will notice at around that time that the tail starts to drift a little and you want to trim out. This is due to the tail motor not receiving enough current; while you CANfly for almost another minute like this on a new pack, I recommend taking this as your "Low Battery" warning and bringing it in ASAP. Pushing it that extra minute really beats up your battery packs; these teeny batteries don't last long anyhow and that dramatically shortens their life. Remember this bit of advice with the V922 as well.

Also, I find it is a good platform to practice basic maneuvers indoors; maybe not as much fun as doing half-pipes, round-the-worlds and tailslides (all of which the V911 can do if you push it) but it is THATkind of fine control you really need to develop before you mess with the V922, ESPECIALLY indoors.

I recommend waiting with the V922 untill you have a nice, WIND-FREE (No, not "just a little" wind) day and get to know it outdoors over grass. Launch from a scrap of wood or an old floor tile to save it from "grass entanglement". Grass is the perfect tumbling mat for these little guys; they'll emerge unharmed from almost any crash if they land on grass.

The V922 is a Collective-pitch, flybarless microheli. It will fly very much like a brushed mCPX, but in my opinion is is a bit more precise in low rates and a bit quicker in high rates.

Be aware that the TXcomes preprogrammed with IDLEUP/STUNTMODE on the FLIGHTMODESWITCH; this completely alters the throttle curve and pitch curve from NORMAL or HOVER mode, which are generally linear starting at zero throttle and increasing steadily towards full throttle.

In IDLEUP/STUNTmode, the PITCH/THROTTLECURVE is centered around HALFTHROTTLE as "IDLE" and increases throttle and POSITIVEPITCH as you move the collective towards FULLTHROTTLE from that position, and will increase THROTTLEANDNEGATIVEPITCH as you move towards ZEROTHROTTLE. This can be VERYdisorienting if you hit the FLIGHTMODESWITCH while trying to correct for a mishap; I had to duck behind a tree with one of my 450s when that happened to me on my first catastrophic crash.

A special word of warning... the tail on these microhelis is a HAIR/THREADMAGNET; anything fibrous will get wrapped around that tiny shaft and impair tail hold. Inspect it frequently.

That's pretty much all I can offer at this point, except buy extra batteries and if you haven't already, read my technical review of the V911 here; lots of hints & hacks:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post23304238

Also, look there and tell me which TX they provided you with and which battery yours uses. I'm curious to know which model V911 your hobby vendor sold you.

That's pretty much all i have at this point;

"Go get 'em, slugger!"

mnem
This is real life. Of course there will be a test.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.