Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Revo 3.3 with orig Alloy pipe over fuel

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 12:21 PM
PurpleSnow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revo 3.3 with orig Alloy pipe over fuel

Hi there guys i baught a revo 2.5 with a trx 3.3 motor on it and i think it looks like the original alloy pipe the blue one lol.

Now my problem with the pipe is that it overfuels the car, it pushes too mush feul through. it did work for a long while just randomly stopped.
i have a 4tech as well and the engine works fine in there with the original plastic pipe, same motor same settings. just the pipe is different.
is there something i can do to fix the pipe or is it done for...
Old 06-17-2013, 08:26 AM
vxlsteve

Default RE: Revo 3.3 with orig Alloy pipe over fuel

The pipe on back don't control how much fuel it gets..however if your richened up that much themes a leak somewhere on the exhaust causing this to happen...look for cracked fuel lines also..
Old 06-22-2013, 04:32 PM
JoeMaxx

Looks like you need to do some engine tuning because it is running too rich. The Blue Tuned aluminum pipe is the about the same pipe they are putting on the 3.3 Engines these days, The Exhaust pipe is just an exhaust for the fuel put into the engine.

Try leaning your High Speed needle out a bit in 1/8 Turn increments until you have a smooth blue smoke trail behind the truck. If you have access to a temp gauge or if you LHS sells one the Traxxas 3.3 Engines like to run between 220 to 260 Degrees Fahrenheit or 104 to 126 Degrees Celsius.

Almost all Nitro engines require tuning each time you run them which maybe a slight tweak or if the outdoor temps change a lot then a major tweak of tuning.

Good article that just came in my email today about engine tuning. I have read many in the past and this one is recent.

http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2013...0huge%20bug%21

Old 06-27-2013, 01:58 AM
PurpleSnow

hi ty guys for all the help and info but tuning the engine isnt my problem.

ive tried tuning it in so many circumstances what i want to know is why if I rev it up it pushes so much pressure back that it blows the fuel out of the actual tank.
ive replaced the tank kit as well with new sping and O-ring. the tank seals the fuel lines are new and the right thikness. i got the 4-tech exhaust on now and it runs perfect. How can that pipe make such a big difference.

and no matter what i set it as it keeps messing fuel everywherethe whoel car at the back is sprayed. i dont have this problem with my other cars.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:40 PM
JoeMaxx

What manufacture fuel are you running and what other fuels are available.

last year I  switched from Traxxas Top Fuel to Losi Nitrotane because it causes less of a mess on the body parts.   Traxxas top fuel is high in Castor Oil Content and when you switch to a fuel higher in Synthetic Oil content it makes less of a mess on the R/Cs in my experience.  Synthetic oils allow for a lower oil content, still keep the engine cool and make less of a mess.   Some fuels also keep the engine cooler and I can boast that Losi Nitrotane makes less of a mess and keeps my engines cooler when running.