Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Theft!! Please help!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Theft!! Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 05:42 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Theft!! Please help!

Thats totaly INSANE! This sounds like an inside job or someone with a grudge, how would they know what repair center it was at? OFFWITHTHEIRHEADS!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:59 AM
Jackjet
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they should be put next to a wall and shot dead.................

jackjet[:@]
Old 06-28-2013, 06:05 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

That is unbelievable. It definitely sounds like more than a freak coincidence. Some of these auto body/ alarm places are just as shady as the car thieves.

Marty
Old 06-28-2013, 06:08 AM
Scott Geller
My Feedback: (6)

That's unbelieveable. Did they check any dumpsters near where the truck was found in Elizabeth? Might get lucky.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:13 AM
Jetkopter
My Feedback: (1)

Erik, Scott just called me to tell me about the truck being stolen again, thats just insane.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:51 AM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

This whole situation is just horrible! Its a bad thing when this happens to anyone, but this really hits close to home. Alan is not only a close friend and a business partner, but more so and overall really good guy. He is the one to always help someone without looking for anything in return, and at the same time when being taken advantage one to let it go and keep peace. To see this happen to him is just disheartening!

Alan will be back up in the air soon with wings and radios, and however it works out, there will be a vehicle to get him to the field to fly..

What everyone should be aware of, is that all the technology in our vehicles, just potentially makes them more dangerous, and easier to steal. In Alan's case, the thieves definitely had a copied key, and this is not just the mechanical part, but also the electronically coded part needed to start the vehicle. This could only come from FM, or from someone who hacked it. Not only that, but it was likely the onstar system itself , or another tracker the thieves used to track the car to its new location at the mechanic shop .. They wanted that car, and they got it ..

Especially when traveling, don't assume your car is a safe place to leave your stuff even if you have alarms , etc .. The only reason each of us who has not been robbed, has not been robbed yet, is only because someone has not chosen to steal from you ... not because they would not have been able to ... sobering reality [:@]

Somehow I don't think Chip Foose is behind this one... [&o]

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...hacked-feature

Voy
Old 06-28-2013, 06:58 AM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

So true about Alan. I have seen him spend the whole day at the field helping others solve problems,and never get to fly his own stuff. I can't even begin to list all he's done for me,not the least of which,is build both these Firebirds for me. Can't seem to load a pic of the first one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24468.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	1895785  
Old 06-28-2013, 07:39 AM
chadxp1
My Feedback: (2)

Sounds like someone he knows did it. They know he kept his planes in car, they know he had a valuable airplane that could easily be sold. he'll, take the engine out, sell it. Re-coat the plane and sell it separately. Too easy. (Except for the whole key thing). I hope this was 't a practical joke by a relative.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:50 AM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Bud,

It was only wings and TX in the car. The planes were in his trailer. They stole the car a second time from the repair shop the very next day. It's car thieves,and the rc stuff was collateral damage. They have no use for those wings,and probably are clueless what they are. They will be discarded,and my bud's out thousands,and many hours of work. I posted all this info previously.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:54 AM
edwarda10pilot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Erik:
I was watching the news on CNN a week days ago and saw the story regarding this new device that thieves have that can disable auto alarms and unlock the doors. An update on the story from a few days ago is that the FBI now knows what the device is and how it works but they do not know how the thieves are getting it. Might consider contacting the local FBI and see if they will share any info on this device.

Ed

Old 06-28-2013, 08:11 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

USAA Auto does, FYI!
USAA covers almost anything, imo. If you were ever in the service, or have family members who served it is well worth a lot of your money to see if you qualify for their insurance. Other insurance salesmen always give up instantly when I say I have USAA. They admit they can't touch the coverage or rates and they don't even pretend to try. Just saying.....

I hope he gets the satisfaction of recovering his stuff and watching the thief get some time. I hate thieves.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:34 AM
DrScoles

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: blw

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

USAA Auto does, FYI!
USAA covers almost anything, imo. If you were ever in the service, or have family members who served it is well worth a lot of your money to see if you qualify for their insurance. Other insurance salesmen always give up instantly when I say I have USAA. They admit they can't touch the coverage or rates and they don't even pretend to try. Just saying.....

I hope he gets the satisfaction of recovering his stuff and watching the thief get some time. I hate thieves.
USAA is one of the best perks about being a veteran!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:01 AM
zacharyR
My Feedback: (5)

unrelated but i did see on the news new hi tech bad guy gear they have encoded alarm scanners that are littel boxes that can unlock your car via the keyless / alamr clicker system

8 (
Old 06-28-2013, 10:18 AM
SECRET AGENT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last year a thief broke into my wife's car and stole one of her credit cards (not all of them so she would think she misplaced it). He bought a very nice television with it. Things didn't turn out so well for him in the end.

He never would tell us how he got into her car, there was no sign of forced entry.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:42 PM
jleblanc
My Feedback: (17)

Thieves do now have some transponder kinda like your normal keyless entry pad on your keychain. For some reason they always enter on the passenger side and its random which car they work on.  I saw a writeup on it and a story showing surveillance video of people randomly walking up to cars and the doors opening for them. Police have no idea what this technology is these thieves have but it's no good for the honest man. Sorry to hear about this.  
Old 06-29-2013, 04:20 AM
dingo9882

I will Be On The Look Out! Even though I live in CT, thieves will do anything to make a buck so if this turns up anywhere around here I will tell somebody.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:55 AM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

If they can't hock it, chop it, scrap sell it, it's going in a dumpster or left in a vacant lot somewhere. (They're normally too lazy to put stolen stuff in a dumpsterand fear the time factor of and getting caught illegally dumping - Theft Book 101).
We manage theft damages for a large company with 2500 sites across the US where my client stores large spools of fiber optic cable in their secure yards. The crack heads think those spools are copper or aluminum andbreak into steal it. I get 15 calls a night for forced entry.
Trouble IS, the idiots, once discovering they busted in for nothing, will vandalize the property in retaliation. We DOhave a small vindication though. The REALLYREALLYSTUPIDones try digging up the 440v cables going to the building and last year we found 3 of them grinning like a jackass eating cactus dead as a doornail. One electrocuted himself trying to pull wires from a 3 phase box.
DUH.
The ONLYthings locks, alarms, barbed wire, razor ribbon do is keep the honest people out.
Lesson learned, don't leave it in yourvehicle. Used to be they'd break in and steal your belongings. Now they steal the whole vehiclebecause the penalty is the same and they can drive away in luxury.
You probably know you can kiss those parts goodbye.Sorry.