Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Our Old Heathkit Radio

Old 02-27-2013, 05:26 PM
Steve Westphal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Our Old Heathkit Radio

In our stack of vintage stuff from our father's collection my brother and I have a Heathkit 6 channel radio that we built back in the 60's. Used it for many years and it was a pretty good radio. We have considered restoring it but don't really have the time. Is it a collecters item? Most of it is still there but the Tx battery has taken a noticeable dive. I think that will clean up but I am not sure. There is some rust at spots on the Tx. Thanks. I sure don't need it. Is it worth trying to sell it?
Old 02-28-2013, 06:25 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: Our Old Heathkit Radio

There are a few guys on ebay who buy them. I have one myself in my collection.

Unless it's on 27MHz or 50/53MHz, you won't be able to use the RF section. (Those two are still legal, 1960's 72 is not).

For having "Dad's old radio" working again, it's definitely worth it for the sentimental value, at least it would be to me. But for an everyday radio, no, I wouldn't restore it.

Andy
Old 06-28-2013, 01:27 PM
jrlingrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Our Old Heathkit Radio

I think I have about 6 of the GD-19 radios and an equal number of the later 8 channel radios. The 8s can be converted to 2.4 by Radio South. I m going to go that route, but still want to put together a complete 5 channel like the one I flew in Gernany back in the earl 70s.

John