Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

Results for the Pylonpalooza Race

Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

Results for the Pylonpalooza Race

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 06:02 AM
Trashman88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Results for the Pylonpalooza Race

I have posted the Pylonpalooza race results on the SAM Website and also updated the yearly SAM Warbird Yearly points. You can find it at http://www.sacramento-rc-flyers.org/...standings.html . Congrats to the winners:Bronze: 1st - Todd Chandler 2nd - Joe Aguilera 3rd - Matt Campi Silver: 1st - Jim Smith (From Redding) 2nd - JR Schiager 3rd - Jake Williams Gold: 1st - Jim Smith (Skids) 2nd - Mark Sumich 3rd - Tom Richardi I would like to say Thanks to Casey and Ollie for putting on this race. Couple of hickups during the race, but you guys did a hell of a job to overcome and make it successful again!!!! Great job guys!!!! Next Race will be the Tres Kahuana on July 14th. I hope you all can make it!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 06:23 AM
Trashman88

Default RE: Results for the Pylonpalooza Race

The registration form is ready for the Tres Kahuna Warbird Race. You can go to http://www.sacramento-rc-flyers.org/entryforms.html
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Cz80146.pdf (103.5 KB, 21 views)
Old 06-27-2013, 06:59 AM
PLANEBENDER
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, With a sad face I have to say that is has been a VERY expensive first 2 races for me. I have lost 1 plane per race[]. However somehow I was able to muster up a smile each time by flying my Spitfire for the rest of the day. After barely breaking out in the 3rd heat and having only 4 points for the day, I decided to have a little fun. I think between Richard, Myself and Jason we had less than 5 points so we all decided to say the heck with it and have a little fun.
In this very windy video clip the 3 of us all broke out but managed 1:14, 1:15, 1:15 times. It was awesome!!! Next race 7/14/2013 we all have decided to really focus on the 1:25 number.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVT2...e_gdata_player

Dave
Old 06-27-2013, 08:44 PM
still4given

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: PLANEBENDER

In this very windy video clip the 3 of us all broke out but managed 1:14, 1:15, 1:15 times.

Dave
With ten cuts?
Old 06-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Tommy_Gun

Gold final.
Thanks to Iron Dog (Ollie) for the camera work.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdW9RFiiS40[/youtube]
Old 06-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Jason V
My Feedback: (25)

Yes there were cut’s but all of us were going for it and all the judges said they were close no gross cut’s ,however nobody claimed the times were clean the overall ET’s would not have been much higher it certainly would not have added a full second to each time but, Terry I wish you would except the invitation to attend then you could see how well Sacramento area modelers puts on a race and how the competition level there is extremely tough most of the pilot’s are seasoned veteran racers
Old 06-28-2013, 11:58 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

I thought the Dave/Richard/Jason race was the most fun race to watch all weekend! Not that the rest of it wasn't fun to watch, but that was a great one!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:00 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

I think we all know now that Terry has a tough time being objective when it comes to SAM's.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:12 PM
still4given

Lol, I would have said the same thing had it happened at one of my races. The difference being, no time is registered when there is a cut because obviously the plane didn't fly a complete course. The times really mean nothing. Dave had four cut and Jason had five.

It was cool video and I'm sure an exciting race to watch in person.

I'm really glad everyone had a good time. Some of my friends actually attended the race and gave glowing reports. One them got a trophy in Bronze. I may make it up there someday. Probably not soon since most of my efforts in gold of late have been with electric. It will probably be sometime before SAMs allow that.

Blessings
Old 06-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Jason V
My Feedback: (25)

Now come on Terry, I know you have a ys115 mustang gold plane with one of my wings I'm sure you can fly that I will even give you a
Ride up
Old 06-28-2013, 04:18 PM
still4given

I do but I don't like it yet. Hopefully once I get it balanced better it will be different.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:19 PM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

I watched both vids and didnt hear an announcer in either one?? Was his voice gone by the mains?

Loved racing at SAMS and will be there again next year.
Ill bring Terry with me and he can fly my Stiletto.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:24 PM
camss69

There were some issues with the PA system..
Old 06-28-2013, 08:23 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, some of the excitement and personality to the races is definitely lost without the announcer's commentary! Both mics went out on us fairly early in the race.No working mic made it a little harder to communicate and run the race effectively, as well.

We've already ordered 2 new, professional quality mics. They'll be in-place for the Tres Kahunas race in a couple weeks. (I believe the order has already been received.)

It's a shame you can't join us again this year, Marty. We very much enjoyed having you with us.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:09 PM
camss69

ORIGINAL: Iron Dog

Yes, some of the excitement and personality to the races is definitely lost without the announcer's commentary!
Ya hear that Joe?! We missed ya!
Old 07-01-2013, 04:55 AM
Barry Built
My Feedback: (12)

I was there racing silver. I got spanked bad! lol.. But I had a great time. Everybody there was very nice and helpful. I enjoyed the race between Dave, Richard and Jason. the fastest I have ever seen planes go. the race was well run and organized. I am glad I made the drive to go!

Hey Dave!! how's the heat up there! lol.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: camss69

I thought the Dave/Richard/Jason race was the most fun race to watch all weekend! Not that the rest of it wasn't fun to watch, but that was a great one!
That heat was one of the most intense heats I have ever seen. All three pilots flew exceptionally well. I take my hat off to each of them. It was a thrill to watch it in person.
Skids
Old 07-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Jimmy Skids

ORIGINAL: still4given

Lol, I would have said the same thing had it happened at one of my races. The difference being, no time is registered when there is a cut because obviously the plane didn't fly a complete course. The times really mean nothing. Dave had four cut and Jason had five.

It was cool video and I'm sure an exciting race to watch in person.

I'm really glad everyone had a good time. Some of my friends actually attended the race and gave glowing reports. One them got a trophy in Bronze. I may make it up there someday. Probably not soon since most of my efforts in gold of late have been with electric. It will probably be sometime before SAMs allow that.

Blessings
Terry, SAM's will more than likely allow electrics once there is a power source available that is more stable than Lipos. The field has already been subjected to a major grass fire and we can't afford to have something like that happen again. The first fire was not RC related, but we really paid the price in runway repairs.

Jimmy Skids
Old 07-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Jimmy Skids

ORIGINAL: Iron Dog

Yes, some of the excitement and personality to the races is definitely lost without the announcer's commentary! Both mics went out on us fairly early in the race. No working mic made it a little harder to communicate and run the race effectively, as well.

We've already ordered 2 new, professional quality mics. They'll be in-place for the Tres Kahunas race in a couple weeks. (I believe the order has already been received.)

It's a shame you can't join us again this year, Marty. We very much enjoyed having you with us.
x2
Old 07-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Jimmy Skids

ORIGINAL: Barry Built

I was there racing silver. I got spanked bad! lol.. But I had a great time. Everybody there was very nice and helpful. I enjoyed the race between Dave, Richard and Jason. the fastest I have ever seen planes go. the race was well run and organized. I am glad I made the drive to go!

I'll answer for Dave. Too hot. Can not even get out to the shop to do work on my gold racer. Need to do some tune up items before the next race in two weeks.

Thank you for making the trip up. Hope you can make another race.

Jimmy Skids
Old 07-02-2013, 05:16 PM
PLANEBENDER

ORIGINAL: Jimmy Skids

ORIGINAL: camss69

That heat was one of the most intense heats I have ever seen. All three pilots flew exceptionally well. I take my hat off to each of them. It was a thrill to watch it in person.
Skids
You should tip the hat to yourself as well! You really flew well Jim. Championship form and looking good for the season so far.

Dave
Old 07-02-2013, 05:18 PM
PLANEBENDER

ORIGINAL: Barry Built

Hotter than a Snakes butt in a wagon Rut! But it won't stop us from racing on the 14th. Are you all making it back up here?

Dave
Old 07-02-2013, 05:26 PM
joedonkey

Yeah I was very irratated with the mic failures. ... Jr called me the next day to let me know new equipment has been ordered. .. I'm glad you guys missed me, says something. ..
Old 07-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Jimmy Skids

ORIGINAL: joedonkey

Yeah I was very irratated with the mic failures. ... Jr called me the next day to let me know new equipment has been ordered. .. I'm glad you guys missed me, says something. ..
You weren't there?
Old 07-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Jimmy Skids

Just trying to keep all my planes together this year. So far luck has been on my side. Last year I had way to many problems to be competitive. Looking forward to the next race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.