Community
Search
Notices
Brushed/Brushless motors, speed controls, gear drives Discuss all aspects of brushless motors, brushed motors, speed controls (ESC's), gear drives and propellers in this forum.

Hobby King 50A Fixed Wing ESC

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 01:36 AM
freeonthree
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hobby King 50A Fixed Wing ESC

I put one in my little Pitts Model 12 with a Turnigy 3536-6 1250kv motor, and it did great for maybe 15 flights, and never even got warm, then today it failed, causing me to do a downwind emergency landing. When I advance the throttle now, it starts to run then quits, like the battery is too low, even though it's 89%, and does the same with a freshly charged battery. Wondering if anyone else has had the same problem with these HK 50A fixed wing ESC's. I just ordered a 60A Hobbywing Pentium ESC, and it will be here in a few days. Hopefully i'll have better luck with it.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:21 PM
jrlingrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobby King 50A Fixed Wing ESC

Have had tht happen with a 45A Electrifly ESC. I just put it in the trash and put a new Thunderbird ESC in. I think Thunderbird is probably a bit better than Electrifly. I have a couple of low amp Trunigy ESCs which have never failed.

John
Old 06-28-2013, 10:59 PM
freeonthree
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hobby King 50A Fixed Wing ESC

I got the 60 amp Hobbywing Pentium ESC and installed it. It's been flawless, and it doesn't even get warm. Dennis