Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 08:14 AM
Striker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Jim,

I hardly think that Hitec will have a 9X/receiver combo deal. Though we can't determine their marketing strategy, I think the A9 really broke great grounds for Hitec already and so many A9 owners like myself can't wait to get the 9X.

I would ignore whats advertised charger wise, I am almost sure a charger has to come with the radio, can't see them selling the radio and battery only.

They might be building up an excitement and anticipation phase before releasing the radio, but as we do know, it was worth the wait for the A9 so I would wait patiently for the 9X.

Hang tight guys.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:47 AM
JIMF14D

Ok, you make your choice and spend your money!

My money says Iwill make sure what Iam getting before Iorder it and think there will be a RX deal in the spring.

Now we should have a pool here to see who guesses closest to the date that it actuall shows up on dealers shelves and is in stock to order.

Good luck
Old 06-28-2013, 09:59 AM
Striker

For what this TX does, the charger would be the least of my concern. If you look up my posts in early 2010 when I bought the A9 you will see that I made a mod to charge it with my Triton too. The great thing with the Triton back then, is that it did both reverse polarity and number of battery cell tests before charging.

The first overnight wall chargers had some issues which prompted me to do this mod and have made this mod to nearly 20 other radios.

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8515737/mpage_29/key_/tm.htm]Charge Mod[/link]

You can see in post 903 following the link below, all the mods and machining I did on my A9 not long after I bought it.

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8515737/mpage_37/key_/tm.htm]Aurora A9 mod links[/link]

I won't let a charger prevent me from purchasing such a radio. As I said, I am almost 100 percent sure a charge will come with the radio, if they don't I can send one for free so that you can have an amazing radio, best in its class
Old 06-28-2013, 01:46 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]ORIGINAL: JIMF14D
Ok, you make your choice and spend your money!
My money says Iwill make sure what Iam getting before Iorder it and think there will be a RX deal in the spring.
Now we should have a pool here to see who guesses closest to the date that it actuall shows up on dealers shelves and is in stock to order.
Good luck
[/quote]
When buying on line, in all instances, buyer should query exactly what is included in the package under consideration.
It has been many years since Spektrumand Chinese brandsincluded a charger with their Tx systems, and more recently
Hitec has not supplied a chargerwith any system inthis part of the world and other majorbrands have also stopped supplying
chargers to make package price more competitive with those that stopped long ago.
Many buyers already have own multipurpose chargers for EPModels and do not require a wall charger or do not use the charger
as useless with their preferred LiPo or otherbattery. These buyers object to having a wallcharger "foisted" upon them..

When the A9 was first released, there was at least one store in USA whichsold just the TX witha batteryand receiver and no charger.

Whilst A9X will most likely have a manual, instruction manuals are becoming a thing of the past asfew known Tx/Rx only sets
ex Hong Kong/China includeaninstructionmanual as not only out of date but should it be inEnglish, Romanian or Spanish etc?
as I posted 17Mar 2012:
"Regrettably the pace of change is faster than writers/artists/printers/distributors etc can keep up,
especially given need to get items out before the expanding competition.

There is now an increasing number of Module, Transceiver and Receiver firmware versions
in use and it would be difficult to keep issuing printed material to cover every single possiblility
in a timely manner. This being one of the reasons so very much time is spent keeping
"AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
- FAQ & Undocumented Features" as uptodate as possible.
Please bookmark FAQ page and as content of items is frequently updated,
refer back to associated items regularly.

Few if any TV, Media Players, Printers, 'Phones etc ex Asia now include any unnecessary costs
such as manuals which are cheaper and faster to publish, especially updates, online.
Artwork is an ever increasing cost in any business.
The GPS-Sensor and some other units were released/still being released prior to
the printed material on above page or homepage being available. "

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)
Old 06-28-2013, 02:32 PM
JIMF14D

Isee that the HItecRCD web site says the 9x manual is "comiing soon". Ilike to download the manuals and then convert them to a searchable pdf. This allows me to find things quickly especially with a big manual like the A9.

Jim D
Old 06-28-2013, 02:37 PM
JIMF14D

Isee now that Tower is showing a date of "late July" for all 9x versions..............
Old 06-28-2013, 02:38 PM
Striker

Al,

Indeed in today's time and age a wall charger is pointless, the only guys who will need such a charger would be a first time rc pilot flying glow and still using a 4.8V RX battery. Can't see a first time pilot investing in a 9X as a first radio either but you never know these days.

Did not even realize that companies were selling radios minus charger now.

Can't wait to have a 9X in my hands.

Cheers.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:47 PM
JIMF14D

Well l use my wall charger all the time since March 2010 with my A9s. Ihave a larger nmih battery installed and it lasts for 10+ hours usually so Ido not charge often and an overnight charge with the wall charger seems to work fine.

I had thought about using a LIPO battery but decided against it. Inever charge LIPOs inside my home and Idid not want to have remove my TX battery each time Icharge it.

Ihave lots of LIPOS in manhy sizes and love them for electric flying but treat them with caution with LIPO bags and fire boxes for storage.

Jim D
Old 06-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Striker

AT has done the best online compilation of programming and explanations of any radio in the world. For all the time and dedication that guy has put into the A9 he should be given a golden award and financially compensated IMO.

I hardly use the manual, in part because I know the radio well and two, I use AT's links if I need more info, that Zealander is a man to be spoken about in the A9 world.

I will wait for the 9X even for another six months or longer.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:59 PM
Striker

I won't put a lipo in the A9

Good lipo safety practices, knock wood no issues so far. Most explosions seem to come from high current/heating charging.

I treat the lipos gently, never had swelling or explosive issues, anyways it's a good safety practice doing what you are doing.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:01 PM
JIMF14D

The price and delivery along with those free Rxs will be just right in March 2014 for me. Similar to A9 history from 2010.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:29 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Striker
AT has done the best online compilation of programming and explanations of any radio in the world.
For all the time and dedication that guy has put into the A9 he sould be given a golden award and financially compensated IMO.
I hardly use the manual, part because I know the radio well and two,
I use AT's links if I need more info, that Aussie is a man to be spoken about in the A9 world.
I appreciate the kind words, thank you., however to call me an Australian is like a red rag to a bull and whilst no offense taken,
it can not go unanswered.
To quote an earlier response to similar post " New Zealand is Not Related or a part of Australia" extract:
"all I get is links from the gentleman in Australia."
If that refers to myself, please check the attached image - NZ is a long way from Australia being a different country
with different government and currency not to mention the better football (rugby) team.
The average distance between New Zealand and Australia is approximately 1400 miles or 2,250 km."
Please refer to attached map...

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D The price and delivery along with those free Rxs will be just right in March 2014 for me. Similar to A9 history from 2010.
Fear not, the A9X is very close to being on the shelves, am confident that there will not be the lengthy delays of yesteryear.

Alan T.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39547.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1895906  
Old 06-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Ken Cz

And lets not forget all the fantastic Mountain Ranges and Fjords! The Ladies are quite gorgeous too and in case you did not know, N.Z. is where Bungee Jumping was born!

KC
ORIGINAL: A.T.

AT has done the best online compilation of programming and explanations of any radio in the world.
For all the time and dedication that guy has put into the A9 he sould be given a golden award and financially compensated IMO.
I use AT's links if I need more info, that Aussie is a man to be spoken about in the A9 world.
I appreciate the kind words, thank you., however to call me an Australian is like a red rag to a bull and whilst no offense taken,
To quote an earlier response to similar post '' New Zealand is Not Related or a part of Australia'' extract:
''all I get is links from the gentleman in Australia.''
If that refers to myself, please check the attached image - NZ is a long way from Australia being a different country
with different government and currency not to mention the better football (rugby) team.
The average distance between New Zealand and Australia is approximately 1400 miles or 2,250 km.''

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D The price and delivery along with those free Rxs will be just right in March 2014 for me. Similar to A9 history from 2010.
Fear not, the A9X is very close to being on the shelves, am confident that there will not be the lengthy delays of yesteryear.

Alan T.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:52 PM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Alan, I have been in your beautiful country several years ago when I was flying with the USAF. Yes, it is a completely different place, I have been in both countries. Thanks for all you do keeping A9 users up to date.

Take Care
Rich
Old 06-28-2013, 06:00 PM
Striker

As a West Indian, I would be offended if you called me an East Indian, it's like telling me curry came from sugar cane

Being born and raised in the West Indies, hint, hint, I have cricket in me blood, so know quite well where Australia and New Zealand is a long time ago

Though your avatar has your location, I don't know why I had Australia in my head, my apologies Al.

There was a lot of mix up with Guyana being thought of as Papua new guinea and Ghana by quite a few, even explaining by calling it the colonial name British Guiana never seemed to work either.

Speaking of Australia, my favourite all time wild life explorer would say this about the 9X, " Isn't she absolutely gorgeous."

Fixed the error in the post Al.

To quote an earlier response to similar post '' New Zealand is Not Related or a part of Australia'' extract:
''all I get is links from the gentleman in Australia.''
The average distance between New Zealand and Australia is approximately 1400 miles or 2,250 km.''

Alan T.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:23 PM
byrne1157

They'll have to get their pricing a lot lower to get me to replace my Turnigy 9x....a lot...

Old 06-29-2013, 03:54 AM
A.T.

Winter has suddenly descended upon us mere mortals in this part of the world
A moderate 9 degrees C outside at present, little wonder a troll might seek to enter and gain warmth.

Please do not offer food or warmth to the troll.

Alan T.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:55 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

ORIGINAL: byrne1157

They'll have to get their pricing a lot lower to get me to replace my Turnigy 9x....a lot...

Owning TWO Turnigys (limited to trainer duty ONLY, and a few helis), there is absolutely no comparison between the two brands that can have merit - EXCEPT maybe price.I expect there will be other similar posts here soon, but the Aurora 9 has so many features that make it's VERY competitive cost VERY inexpensive.This thread is about the Hitec, and to discuss it's many features. To me, it's "price v.s. capability/quality" features are **THE** features that make it the king of my shop.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:56 AM
bgw45
My Feedback: (1)

I'm with Striker on the charger deal. I think using a cheap ( $25 ) charger gives me so much more information about the battery in my radio. I would never go back to "hope" in the wall wart charger ( from any brand ). I like to know how many ma were put back into the battery and watch the battery for early failure. You can't do that with a wall wart.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:40 AM
JIMF14D

Isee lots of new and used Aurora 9 Tx for sale on Ebay these days at good prices. Iguess people are getting ready to trade up to 9x.
You should pick up a good A9 from E-bay and then you would have a real radio.....
Old 06-29-2013, 07:10 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D

I see lots of new and used Aurora 9 Tx for sale on Ebay these days at good prices. I guess people are getting ready to trade up to 9x.
You should pick up a good A9 from E-bay and then you would have a real radio.....
+++++1 !!!
Old 06-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Striker

You have not a single clue what a Hitec Aurora 9 is or the knowledge of what it can do. You are trying to compare something to the best radio in its class bang for buck.

Read the specs on the A9 and then check off how much of that your radios got, then lets know what you think at that point.

WARNING! At that point you might rush to buy an A9
Old 06-29-2013, 02:37 PM
Striker

Winter has suddenly descended upon us mere mortals in this part of the world
A moderate 9 degrees C outside at present, little wonder a troll might seek to enter and gain warmth.

Please do offer food or warmth to the troll.

Alan T.
I missed a very bad winter last season, will not miss it but got away from it. Now have to run away from hurricane season in the West Indies 9 degrees C is like summer up north for us, we have a few days some times when it hits -40 dec C and for many weeks below -20.

Can offer food and warmth, but both might be blown away soon.

A 9X would be a good source of heat and happiness. Happy to hear that they will be out sooner than later.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Ken Cz

You have not a single clue what a Hitec Aurora 9 is or the knowledge of what it can do. You are trying to compare something to the best radio in its class bang for buck.

Read the specs on the A9 and then check off how much of that your radios got, then lets know what you think at that point.

WARNING! At that point you might rush to buy an A9
Ignore the guy - he is just trying to distract form the meaning and reason for this thread and to stir the Pot up!
Go buy your crap Turnigy if you want and start your own thread!
Old 06-29-2013, 05:12 PM
Striker

Not bothered at all Ken, he can also be new to the hobby and does not have a clue about functionally, practically, quality and cost regarding radios.

Thanks for kind words.

So are you going to upgrade to a 9X too? I wonder how many current A9 owners will deviate or hold off.

So far I have not need to have more than nine channels which will be the only short coming of the 9X.
The only other slight downside when doing the upgrade is the inability to copy your model programming from the A9 to the 9X.

I would imagine most of the a9 owners who can afford the upgrade will do.
I used to be a Futaba fan who switched from the Futaba 9C to the A9 with no regrets. The features of the A9 would have cost in excess of 2000 bucks if made by another manufacturer.

Hitec has captured a huge part of the market share with the A9 while proving that a higher end radio do not have to cost a fortune. I am so happy that they made the cost of a great radio so affordable.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.