Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

JR Max Radio and Trainer cord problem help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

JR Max Radio and Trainer cord problem help

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 05:33 PM
gbfan
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR Max Radio and Trainer cord problem help

I tried this evening to set up the trainer system on my airplane for my grandson.
when I plug it in both reds lights come on and the system seems like it is on . But I don't have a chip in the trainer
radio !! Do I need this chip to make the trainer radio function. When I hit the trainer switch I do lose the main radio
but nothing happens on the trainer radio? It sounds like a no brainer but I don't want to needlessly by a new chip.
This is an older fm system by the way. Can I take the one out of the main radio. I don't have an instruction book with this system ..
Thanks
David
Old 06-29-2013, 08:25 PM
chistech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR Max Radio and Trainer cord problem help

Turn on the master radio and leave the trainer radio off. The lights should come on both radios. The lights go on the master from it being turned on and the lights come on the trainer radio from the trainer cord being plugged in. You should have control of the plane with the master radio. If you hold the trainer switch the control should then go to the trainer radio. Both radios must be fully charged. I have seen some of the older Max radios have bad trainer switches on them. You could pull out the crystal from the back of the master radio and put it in the trainer radio. If you do then you must now consider the trainer radio the master and follow the above procedure.