Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Aileron servo

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 02:01 AM
Rune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aileron servo

Hi
on my Spark I have today Futaba s 9551 , I have used the same type on 3 planes and have been wery happy with them but this time I got 2 servoes that has some sloop in them I tried to change gears but it was the same , Ican mocve the aileron about 3-4 mm up and down in the rear off the aileron.
I have seen that some use the BLS 551 , but I want to be sure that I got some good servoes before ordering some new.
I use a servo arm that is from center to the hole 35mm so when you have some sloop in the servo it will be pretty much at the aileron.
What servoes are you use..the 9551 is about 40 gr and with standar size but a bith lower.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:16 AM
Jason Arnold

Default RE: Aileron servo

ORIGINAL: Rune

Hi
on my Spark I have today Futaba s 9551 , I have used the same type on 3 planes and have been wery happy with them but this time I got 2 servoes that has some sloop in them I tried to change gears but it was the same , I can mocve the aileron about 3-4 mm up and down in the rear off the aileron.
I have seen that some use the BLS 551 , but I want to be sure that I got some good servoes before ordering some new.
I use a servo arm that is from center to the hole 35mm so when you have some sloop in the servo it will be pretty much at the aileron.
What servoes are you use..the 9551 is about 40 gr and with standar size but a bith lower.
I use both those servos in my Spark/s. Never seen any slop like you are talking of Rune. Are you sure it's not in the linkage?

Using arms that are 35mm from centre to hole is not going to do your mechanical advantage any good either.

Cheers,
Jason.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:48 AM
Rune

linkage is thight and nice , I can move the servo arm about 1mm ...havnt messure it but something like that!
I use the big horn that comes wwith the servo and hava a carbone plate screwed on top with MK linkage.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:47 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

I use Futaba S9551 on aileron in both my MythoS 125E and my old Win S 50E and no play so far.

Futaba BLS 551:
I saw on f3alorenz homepage that European F3A champion has his plane for sale including the servos and on aileron it is BLS 551.
http://www.f3alorenz.de/index-gebrauchtes.htm
Futaba list the BLS551 as car servo but I have seen rather many use them on aileron in F3A machines.

Futaba BLS151 (it has not metal gear) could maybe be an alternative also but it is only rated for 4.8 volt and are higher then BLS551, weight is about same.
Perhaps Futaba BLS153 (it has not metal gear) would be OK, torgue and speed is enough,but dimension is smaller then S9551 and BLS551. I use BLS153 on elevator in my MythoS 125E.

/Bo