Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Twister STORM 3d 450

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Bahuras

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twister STORM 3d 450

<hr size="1" style="color:#c5ccd3; background-color:#c5ccd3" />
Hello all,
I've jsut bought this helicopter with a Twister PCM transmitter.
Im newbie, just had some experience with mini 6ch heli.
Can you explain me what I have to do to take it off, hoover.
Ive connected battery, turned on transmitter and helicopter started taking off (maybe 3d or throttle hold was on)
Second try was better, all switch iI think that was off and throttle trim was down. But after i turned off transmitter its started working again (fast battery disconnect helped)
Now 2 servos isn't working well, I think some tooths missing.
Can somebody say how should I take it off without any fails like this, I readed manuals but it doesn;t helping how to do that
Please help and thank you
Old 06-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Goggles
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Twister STORM 3d 450

Ive connected battery, turned on transmitter and helicopter started taking off.
But after i turned off transmitter its started working again
There is your problem, always tx on first then heli. Same goes for turning it off, turn heli off, then tx.

If you turn your tx off first, the heli is looking for a signal and there is nothing to tell it what to do so it goes crazy.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Bahuras

is there any engine switch to turn it on or off? If I understanding transmitter right all the switches should be up or away from me that means its OFF. Here's transmitter which I have - http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...2KyOxASszKVxaQ
And now 2 servos are moving working but its very loudly I think tooth are missing, because when throtle up its sounds bad and stucked i have to move it with finger, thats happened afted failed attempt too take off ( turned battery, then TX, and its started taking of its self cuz of some switches on I think)
Old 06-22-2013, 09:07 AM
Goggles
My Feedback: (4)

Your link has no image.
Not being able to see your tx, but it shouldn't be different than any others, the switches can have many different functions. When you say up is off, not sure what that means. Are you talking about throttle up, throttle hold, dual rates, or what else? You should have a throttle hold switch some where, so you'd turn your tx on, flip the throttle hold, then plug in your battery on your heli. Make sure you let the gyro initialize before trying to fly it.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:33 PM
sport10

First off take off the main blades and tail blades before you hurt yourself or damage your home. Then power up the heli and check the movement of the cyclic servos. they should move in unisome up and down for pitch control. The swashplate should tilt right when given right aileron input and left when given left aileron input. It should tilt Forward and back for the elevator. If any of the servos is not working correctly replace them. They should all be the same type and model of servo for the cyclic. Once these are working correctly the check and see what switches do what on the heli. You should have an throttle hold and a idle up switch. start the heli off in normal mode to bring up into a hover. This 450 heli is alot different that the micro heli you had before and needs to be setup correctly to fly right. Also I would suggest using a training pod since you are a beginner too. This will save you some repair work.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Bahuras

Now everything is ok, hoovering easy, now mastered to fly some circles around, learining hoovering nose pointing to me and some other maneuvers. Just bought a simulator cable but cant find software, any ideas? and im thinking about Rotor head upgrade to metal, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Metal-Main...item41680db7ea is this one fits my STORM?Thanks