Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Speaker ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 07:59 AM
CHIEFSONN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker ?

Can I get some feed back on these speakers. I am thinking about adding these speakers with there size so that I can hide them somewhere inside the DickerMax that I am presently building an I wondering if they will do voltage and ohm wise. I using 7.4volt with either IBU or ELMOD electronics. thank you for your answers. ebay.com/itm/2-x-1000W-High-quality-Power-Loud-Mini-Dome-Tweeter-Speaker-for-Car-Audio-System-/330730835210?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item4d01180d0a
Old 07-01-2013, 12:22 PM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
Default RE: Speaker ?

That's a Tweeter, may not have the full range output you desire.

Try ipod speakers like these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PHILIPS-1-5-...b#ht_738wt_820
Old 07-01-2013, 01:36 PM
FreakyDude

your issue is going to be the wattage and ohms. Ohms not so much as they basicly dictate the amount of battery life as a comparison. a 4 or 8 ohm will work. A 4 ohm will be louder but will absorb more battery, and 8 will not be so loud but better battery life. In small speakers the battery consumed is almost nothing so no fear there.
The watts of a speaker though will change dramaticly the enjoyment, As a rule you want to have your speaker handle way more watts than the sound system pumps out.
 You do this for clean sound, who cares if you have 100 watts if you can't hear a dang thing because of distortion. Now those little I-pod speaker probably not a good bet as they accept 2 watts and probably have a 4 or 5 watt max impedance.
what you want is a speaker that will cover the hertz range so you get full sound, something that can handle the wattage your systems will put out ( I think they will both be in the 3 to 5 watt range ) and is small enough to fit in a Panzer IV and not take up a ton of room.
This is what I have availlable to help you and it fits the bill very very nicely in my opinion.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:25 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If space is limited here is the best 1.5 inch full range speaker on the market

[link=https://www.solen.ca/pub/index.php?catalog=description&nodiapo&id=99&recherche=&numRows=&manufacturiers=4&niveau1=1&niveau2=1&niveau3=&s1=2&s2=1&s3=&s4=]Aura[/link]
Old 07-01-2013, 07:16 PM
strmnd54

I've been using that 1.5" aura speaker for my smoke unit..
This is what it sounds like with the volume at 50% and a plastic cap cover...

youtu.be/MhGdqQ0LOOM
Old 07-01-2013, 07:42 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool. SO that is the speaker hooked up to a video of a real stug and the smoke effect is the result of the audio track of that video. Looks great.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:51 PM
strmnd54

That’s the beauty of the whole concept.

<o></o>

Thanks to “You Tube”, I can test the smoke unit with all the audio systems out there; and even with the real engines…

<o></o>

The marketing possibilities are also enormous:

<o></o>

Let say, for example; that you want to know what the smoker would look like in your new tank: All you have to do is put your tank on a block and post a video on you tube.

<o></o>

In return, the dealer could post back a video with the smoker hooked up to your tank soundtrack.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:17 AM
reyemmanuel

ORIGINAL: strmnd54
The marketing possibilities are also enormous:
I'd buy one from u mate once u have decided to make the "possibility" a "reality".if you do so, I hope, you accept pre-orders?

A single "STRMND54 acoustic smoker" for RC tanks is all a tanker ('me') needs for his fleet...be they be running DBC3-Benedini or Clark-Benedini!

Old 07-02-2013, 05:57 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

ORIGINAL: FreakyDude

A 4 ohm will be louder but will absorb more battery, and 8 will not be so loud but better battery life.
This may be true if the speaker efficiency (in dB sensitivity) is the same, but frequently 4-Ohm speakers are much less efficient than 8-Ohm speakers, so most 8-Ohm speakers will sound louder than a 4-Ohm.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:27 AM
strmnd54

Not sure if I will produce the unit myself or team up with someone else.

But the idea is too good to be left collecting dust on a shelf.

One thing for sure is that potentiel customers won't be used as " guinea pigs " to test an unrealable smoke unit. ( unlike H.L. did)...