Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

LiPo sources

Old 06-05-2013, 05:30 PM
STEVE HOSNER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LiPo sources

I have been trying t locate six 5000ma 20C-25C packs and every place I check seems to be
out of stock for these packs. Maybe it's the Spring rush but it is hard to imagine such
a shortage.

Any one have any ideas on a stocking supplier. I know that I could get TT packs locally but
their pricing is way high.

Thanks in advance!

Steve
Old 06-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Silent-AV8R

Default RE: LiPo sources

Try Mark at Dinogy. I'm using some of his 25C 4400 packs and they are great.

http://www.dinogylipos.com/index.php...03-28-06-54-59
Old 06-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

F3AUnlimited has some:
http://www.f3aunlimited.com/webstore...roducts_id=646

But yes, tough time of the year to buy batteries. I jumped on a few packs in April/May, just in time.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:37 PM
kregan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking tonight for a couple of packs for my Brio conversion.

I found the 4900 Rhino's
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...poly_Pack.html

and

Turnigy Nanotech
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

My question is are the Nano Techs going to be to punchy or would the 20c Rhino's
be smoother?
Old 06-05-2013, 08:41 PM
desertrider49
My Feedback: (5)

You can try here too.

http://rclipos.com/index.htm

Old 06-06-2013, 05:35 AM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

I have one flight pack of Rhinos. I believe they were the first lipo order I ever made, about 3 years ago? They have been abused - stored full for long periods of time, not broken in very slowly, and over discharged at least once.

The beginning of this year I cycled all my batteries and measured the IR - Rhinos are between 0-3! They are by far my strongest packs. I use them when I need to know I've got power and long flight times in reserve, and usually for my last 2 flights of a contest when I need all the confidence I can get.

All that said, they are the heaviest packs I own at 1253g. If you can spare the weight (and if they are still the same battery), they are the best buy by a long shot.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:08 AM
silva916

I agree with Joe,

If the weight is not a issue, the Rhino`s are the first choise in lifespan and vallue !

Gr Frank
Old 06-06-2013, 07:22 AM
wingster
My Feedback: (26)

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

Any IR data and weight?
Old 06-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Velco

I have found Zippy Compacts to be very good too. I had purchased Nanotechs in September last year and was quite disappointed as they had nothing more to offer from the Rhinos  which were almost 3 years old at the time. Also they had become swollen almost immediately even thou they were extremely well taken care off!

My Zippy Compacts 5000 25C  are at 1200g. The only downside is that they come with a 10AWG wires which are very thick so it is really a challenge to mount 4mm bullets in red plastic on them.

I have also tried Zippy Compact 4000 25C and they weigh only 965g and they arrive with 4mm bullets pre installed. I will use these packs in calm weather.

Velco

Old 06-06-2013, 12:51 PM
kregan

I was going to go for the Zippy compacts but they are back ordered so I
started looking at the nano and read some older posts on here about the Rhino's

I have some little 610 Rhino's for a foamy that just wont stop but Who
knows if they are the same old Rhino's under the shrink wrap.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: wingster

Any IR data and weight?
No IR info beyond what my charger shows me, which is only total pack IR. 5S packs are running about 3 milliohms per cell right now. The IR does not seem to matter on these cells as much as it does on some others. I can still fly the full Advanced sequence once and then play around for a couple of minutes and still having the punch to pull vertical and roll going up for as far as I can control it.

Weight wise my 4,400 mAh 10S set up (2x5S) with APP plugs on both packs, Velcro and Strapping tape tip the scales at 1,052 grams. I have about 20 cycles through the sets I have and so far I have not detected any issues or reduction in performance. They cost more than the low cost packs but perform more like an expensive pack.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Jeff Worsham
My Feedback: (28)

ORIGINAL: kregan

I was looking tonight for a couple of packs for my Brio conversion.

My question is are the Nano Techs going to be to punchy or would the 20c Rhino's
be smoother?
I flew 40C batteries for about the last nine months then bought a pile of Zippy Compacts 25C and it's like night and day to me- much easier to make smooth power changes with the 25C batts.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:37 PM
wingster
My Feedback: (26)

No IR info beyond what my charger shows me, which is only total pack IR. 5S packs are running about 3 milliohms per cell right now. The IR does not seem to matter on these cells as much as it does on some others. I can still fly the full Advanced sequence once and then play around for a couple of minutes and still having the punch to pull vertical and roll going up for as far as I can control it.

Weight wise my 4,400 mAh 10S set up (2x5S) with APP plugs on both packs, Velcro and Strapping tape tip the scales at 1,052 grams. I have about 20 cycles through the sets I have and so far I have not detected any issues or reduction in performance. They cost more than the low cost packs but perform more like an expensive pack.

1052 grams is super. 3 mohm per cell is promising considering that you're measuring total pack IR. From what data I've seen the resistance of leads and interconnections is about 50% of the cell IR. So cell IR could actually be in the 2 mohm range.

Thanks
Old 06-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: wingster

1052 grams is super. 3 mohm per cell is promising considering that you're measuring total pack IR. From what data I've seen the resistance of leads and interconnections is about 50% of the cell IR. So cell IR could actually be in the 2 mohm range.

Thanks
I generally do not judge cells by the IR measurements. Given the variety of methods and tools for doing so I am not convinced that it means much. I have some SkyLipos here that are running 6 milliohms for a 6S pack that are dog tired and cannot get out of their own way fresh off a charge. I pay a lot more attention to performance and as I said, despite what the Dinogy packs may tell you on your charger, they perform in the aire. I have 5 sets and I did nothing with them beyond flying them right off the bat. They are still very strong. The proof is in the pull!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:45 PM
STEVE HOSNER

Rhinos it is. Found them on Hobby King 1/2 hour after I searched their site and they showed up as out of stock!
The 4900 capacity should work out well and I have plenty of room in the Vanquish and Nuance.

Looks like I'll be keeping a closer look out on stock and order a couple of packs each time I see a item in stock.

Thanks for your input guys!

Steve
Old 06-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Rendegade

I'm tempted to try some revolectrix packs next. Anyone had any experiences with them?

My 4 year old turnigys are finally starting to fart out.

Not a bad run from $35 packs though!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:50 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Hi,

I ordered from rclipos.com yesterday, ThunderPower G8 25C Pro Lite Plus 4S 5000 mAh (for 8 cell packs, 4cell x 2 in series), and I had them shipped to myus.com and they will ship it to mehere in Europe by DHL (thatcan freight LiPo overseas). Could not find ThunderPower 25C4S packs here in Europe.

I use Hacker TopFuel 40C now (in my Sebart MythoS 125E) but they are little to heavy (1036 gram). I will save close to 100 gram with the ThunderPower LiPo (25C 4S 5000 mAh weight only 465 gram so 8 cell 930 gram plus connectors). Hope they will perform well - my setup draw 78 amp on full throttle so TP 25C 5000 mAh packs should be OK since they can cope with 125 amp continuous current according to TP specifications on their homepage.

This will be the most expensive packs I have bought but if they will perform well and last maybe 200 cycles I will be happy.
I have used (in other planes) before: DesirePower 35C, Hyperion 45C, Turnigy 30C, ThunderPower G6 45C and some has last long some short time.From the more expensive packs I want to have about 200 cycles from them with good performance (but You never know)to be satisfied - You got to get something for the money -assuming the LiPo packs are taken care of (no over discharge, storage charge when not used etc).

/Bo
Old 06-07-2013, 02:43 PM
kregan

I ended up ordering a couple sets of 25c NanoTech. They had them in the USA
warehouse and everything else was back ordered.

Not my first choice but hopefully they will work out.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I pretty much uses nano-tech on everything these day....price is very good and the quality is also pretty good, much better then some that are available in my area....at a much higher premium price. I think their price is good because of the very large volume that HK has.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:49 AM
bem

Hi,

I checked how much weight is for various Nano-tech LiPo and for example 25C 5S 5000 mAhon Hobby King homepage weight is643 gram (including wire and connector) http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html
Little heavy maybe for a 10 cell (1286 gram) pack for F3A but if one can accept that weight it maybe can be a good choice fornot so expensive packs.
You get 3 Nano-tech 5S 25C 5000 mAh (about $56 for each) packs for price of 1 ThunderPower G8 25C Pro Lite plus 5S 5000 mAh (about US $170) so... it do not hurt so muchto try Nano-Tech even if they would not be to satisfaction. With ThunderPower expensive packs You can not afford (at least not me) to experiment and hope they would perform well - they just should deliver good power and last rather long for that price if one use them within their specifications.

/Bo
Old 06-11-2013, 06:10 PM
NeilRivera

I bought my current 3 sets of 5S lipos from Haiyin and am really happy with them , you can find them
here : http://www.haiyinstore.com
Old 06-12-2013, 05:33 AM
smcharg

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts

Recently, I purchased the Zippy Compact 10S 25C 5800mah pack fromhttp://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
At $133 and 1280g on my scale with deans connectors, they are hard to beat. Only 7 cycles so far but IRs are below 2.0 and just as strong as my favorite Hyperion packs but lighter and almost half the price plus 800 more mah. They are in stock as of the time of this post.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:49 PM
MarkF

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

The dinogy 5s 5000 25c are back in stock. 585g each
dinogylipos.com

Mark
Old 07-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Jason Arnold

ORIGINAL: MarkF

The dinogy 5s 5000 25c are back in stock. 585g each
dinogylipos.com

Mark
Hi Mark,

Why does your website say 650 grams?

Also, how are your pack/cells matched?

Cheers,
Jason.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:40 PM
MarkF

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't know why my site says that still. I changed it but I guess it didn't work. The packs weigh 585g give or take a couple of grams. My packs are made with the best material money can buy and are assembled using the best methods they know how. They are designed to last a long time and give consistent performance. The factory that makes my packs have engineers working for them that used to work for the companies that made Thunder power, Hyperian, Turnigy and Poly Quest. Not only do they know what they did right but more importantly what they did wrong.
I have a couple of sponsored pilots running mt packs but it's to early to get an evaluation from them yet other than they're working great.
Many people have tested my 65C packs and have stated that they're the best packs they have ever tested. I come from the boat and pylon racing world where I have been competeing for over 20 years. I have a National title under my belt and numerous world records. I know what it takes to win and I know what racers are after.
Most of the top racers in the boating world are using my packs now and many records are held with my batteries. My company is only a year 1/2 old right now but it's growing very fast. My batteries are not rebranded anything and I am the North American distributor of this brand. I stand behind my product and take care of any issues myself. If you get a bad cell in your pack I send you a new one. Customer service is very important to me and I want my customers to be happy with their purchases. Sorry for the long post and I hope you will consider my brand of Lipos.
Thanks and hope to hear from some of you guys.

Mark Ferreira
dinogylipos.com

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.