Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 02:11 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

A thought instead of using glue to fill your holes you may want to think of covering them with packing tape or similar just due to the weight issues... not sure how much glue you're adding or how even your holes but it's a thought...
Old 06-20-2013, 03:47 PM
DieHarder

Maybe,... I'll try it on the next hole. I never thought about the weight factor,.... For now though, it looks pretty darn good. But like you say, I don't know how it's gonna fly yet... Guess I'll try tomorrow night.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:03 PM
DieHarder

Well, remember the heli? I made some money, and bought a Bind n Fly for $90. Flown it once. It hasn't crashed yet! It will be (I hope) a never crashed heli... Fingers crossed!
Old 06-25-2013, 05:14 PM
DieHarder

I feel like I'm always talking to myself on this thread....
Old 06-25-2013, 05:49 PM
dtxandtrx

Sorry, I've been busy and haven't even checked my mail. But today I successfully converted my rear end to fit the traxxas magnum 575 transmission. Works out great and I feel much more confident about nailing the throttle and hitting big jumps. Now I just need to figure out how to get a wheelie bar on it!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:23 PM
rclugnut10

I'm super busy with working 40 hours a week and trying to bike at least 2 or 3 times, plus i'm living at my dads away from my cars since it saves 15 min of driving to work each way...
Old 06-26-2013, 07:11 AM
DieHarder

I'm working about 20 hours a week lately. And trying to water the neighbor's plants because he's gone on a vacation for a week. He gets back Thursday.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:21 PM
butt_housed247

burned up my brushed motor a while back and a friend just kicked me down his old tekin redline 17.5 motor.  im going to pick up a cheap ESC sometime next week.  just wondering how i should gear the truck it with the 17.5 motor.  
and my truck was originally brushed, so is there anything i need to look out for? (weak links etc.)
Old 06-30-2013, 04:23 PM
rclugnut10

depends on which truck you had to honestly answer that, and with a 17.5t motor i'd start 23/88 but i'm betting you could go higher on 2s, not sure about 3s.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:08 PM
butt_housed247

not exactly sure which truck iv got.  i bought it well kept but heavily used and modified.  how can i ID which one iv got?
Old 06-30-2013, 05:37 PM
rclugnut10

if it doesn't say on the body, things to look at, assuming you haven't upgraded... with out taking it apart

axel if you have dogbones you have an ext, or ext2. If you have thicker cv joints or u joints it's an ST base vehicle.

another give away is the shocks, the ext had all plastic bodies, the ext2 should have had metal caps (if i remember right) and the ST's had aluminum threaded units)
Old 06-30-2013, 06:07 PM
butt_housed247

the body had a custom paint job when i got it.  so idk...
the shocks have plastic bodies.  when i got it they had plastic caps.  i broke one and replaced them with aluminum.
idk what kind of axles it originally had.  it had u-joint shafts when i got it.
it also had a plastic idler gear.  i replaced it with an aluminum gear when i started running a faster motors and a lipo battery.  

might be the ext.  was just googling around and saw pic's of ext's with a narrow battery strap.  the ext2 looks like it has a wide battery strap.  my truck has the narrow strap.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:23 PM
DieHarder

I think it's either the ST with different shocks, or an EXT.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:09 PM
rclugnut10

do you know if it had bushings or bearings in the transmission, if it had bushings it definetly an ext, and if it had a ball differential it's an ST.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:23 AM
DieHarder

That's probably the most important question on this subject....
ORIGINAL: rclugnut10

do you know if it had bushings or bearings in the transmission, if it had bushings it definetly an ext, and if it had a ball differential it's an ST.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:55 AM
EXT2Rob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dtxandtrx

Sorry, I've been busy and haven't even checked my mail. But today I successfully converted my rear end to fit the traxxas magnum 575 transmission. Works out great and I feel much more confident about nailing the throttle and hitting big jumps. Now I just need to figure out how to get a wheelie bar on it!
Pictures, please.

As for wheelie bar, there's the BL model rear chassis plate that allows you to attach a wheelie bar. I just took some metal sheet Ihad, cut a tongue depressor-shape, drilled two holes in it to match the bottom motor cover screws, and bent it to a slight curve. Works great as a wheelie bar, even if it doesn't have wheels.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:56 AM
DieHarder

And it probably makes the loudest scratching sound you've ever heard...
ORIGINAL: EXT2Rob

ORIGINAL: dtxandtrx

Pictures, please.

As for wheelie bar, there's the BL model rear chassis plate that allows you to attach a wheelie bar. I just took some metal sheet I had, cut a tongue depressor-shape, drilled two holes in it to match the bottom motor cover screws, and bent it to a slight curve. Works great as a wheelie bar, even if it doesn't have wheels.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:36 AM
dtxandtrx

Here's some pictures of what I've done. I don't know if they will show up. It's pretty thrown together and nothing is aligned the way it should, but it runs. I am thinking of cutting off the tranny a-arm housings on the traxxas tranny and using the ones from the stock bottom plate. I'll figure something out. And the red wire your seeing is just some wire running around the shock tower holding the tranny forward towards the chassis. Otherwise it would snap the whole rear of the truck at the bottom plate. I'll have to make some kind of brace. And if you see where the original tranny would have connected at the top I had to cut the whole middle section out and just use the two sides to hold the turnbuckles and the shock tower screws. Like I said, definetrly not the finished product but will let me run the truck until I can get new gears for the stock transmission or further upgrade the traxxas tranny. [img]IMG_2768[/img] [img]IMG_2769[/img]
Old 07-01-2013, 06:40 PM
DieHarder

didn't show...
Old 07-01-2013, 06:45 PM
dtxandtrx

I put the pictures in my gallery if anybody wants to check it out, I couldn't figure out how to post them directly to the forum
Old 07-02-2013, 07:35 AM
DieHarder

Interesting.... So your saying that Traxxas tranny is more durable than the Evader tranny? Your probably right...

Old 07-02-2013, 08:19 AM
dtxandtrx

Well I'm just saying I've never had a problem with the traxxas tranny and I'm sure parts are readily avalable. I would rather have something that I can run and not have to worry about gets stripping, than have to be easy on the throttle and cautious about stripping gears. I WILL find out a better mounting place or mounting positions for the traxxas tranny. I've just got to figure out how.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:09 AM
EXT2Rob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DieHarder

Maybe on asphalt, but since Ionly run on dirt, Iwouldn't know. probably no worse that anything else.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:11 PM
DieHarder

Yeah, I guess. In my opinion though, that's sounds a bit crude,..
ORIGINAL: EXT2Rob

ORIGINAL: DieHarder

Maybe on asphalt, but since I only run on dirt, I wouldn't know. probably no worse that anything else.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:18 PM
dtxandtrx

Well today i went to the hobbyshop with my friend to buy a rc car. He looked and was going to get a traxxas rustler Vxl but saw the evader brushless and decided to get that. He bought a 2s lipo and ran the heck out of it. I couldn't even touch him with mine. We had a good time racing until he wanted more traction like I had. We went back to the hobbyshop and he ended up buying a set of proline sand paws even though I strongly recommended he buy some gladiators. He mounted up the tires and immediately was doing mad wheelies around his backyard track. Does anybody know how I can adjust the throttle curve on the brushless esc by any chance. It's not very clear in the manual.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.