Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Old 07-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Craig, how did I get to be a legend? Usually, to be called a legend, someone has to do something totally terrible or almost impossibly good. I know it can't be the later so WHAT DID I DO WRONG?????????????????

Just curious, what did the city do to shut down the race? We had to relocate a race last year due to problems with the race city and insurance so I hope it's nothing major
Old 07-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Hydro Junkie

Craig, just went back and read your last two posts. How far west are you heading and how afraid should I be? If you're planning on going through ND, be aware that they have a blue law in that state. TRANSLATION:
NOTHING BUT FOOD AND GAS CAN BE SOLD BETWEEN MIDNIGHT AND 1:00 IN THE AFTERNOON ON SUNDAYS
Old 07-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Joe Petro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are at our (soon to be) new production facility in Indiana too!

It really is more like the way things used to be here.

We are really going to like it here...

Joe
Old 07-01-2013, 03:35 PM
gassertom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe,
Glad to hear it.  Good for you and Zipp Kits moving but bad for D! for you moving.  Be sure to send photos for Barbie!  LOL
T&C

Old 07-02-2013, 07:45 AM
engineman351

Bill, Thanks for the comment on the Whip. It seems way more stable that the AM T-Bolt and it is wicked fast through the corners. No doing of mine! I pretty much assembled it like Ivan Place had it set up. After the first run (encountering a blow-off) I dropped the strut about a 1/16th and it seems to be settled. In the video I was lifting a bit on the back straight as was seeing quite a bit of fin coming out of the water. It is a bit smaller than the T-Bolt so I find it like driving a sports car. I'm working on a kitchen pass for Elmira the weekend of the 20th. I might be able to make one day. RC
Old 07-02-2013, 09:31 AM
Billk44

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Bill, Thanks for the comment on the Whip. It seems way more stable that the AM T-Bolt and it is wicked fast through the corners. No doing of mine! I pretty much assembled it like Ivan Place had it set up. After the first run (encountering a blow-off) I dropped the strut about a 1/16th and it seems to be settled. In the video I was lifting a bit on the back straight as was seeing quite a bit of fin coming out of the water. It is a bit smaller than the T-Bolt so I find it like driving a sports car. I'm working on a kitchen pass for Elmira the weekend of the 20th. I might be able to make one day. RC
Roger,Just some advice. The turn fin is the key to these, not the strut.Bill
Old 07-02-2013, 12:39 PM
klinker19

ORIGINAL: Billk44

ORIGINAL: engineman351

Roger,Just some advice. The turn fin is the key to these, not the strut.Bill
+1. I wish there was a fin mount with a jack screw so you could get small repeatable adjustments.

http://www.blazermarine.com/Instruct...rnfinsetup.pdf

TC
Old 07-02-2013, 03:47 PM
advanced builder

Good luck Joe, hope to race with you again
Old 07-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Blackout

HJ, Only going to South Dakota. We are in Rapid City now for 4 days and then heading to the Grand Canyon. We will be racing again at Stony Pond, just need to get some permits and make some safety upgrades to the site as far as emergency vehicle access. That was the main concern of the town, the ability to handle an emergency that might happen during a race. Luckily we are close to the road, 350 feet, so upgrading should be possible.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:21 AM
engineman351

HJ...don't worry. When you go through here in 2015 you will be able to launch one of your Hydro's at Stony Pond. If you don't have one with you we will make sure we have one ready for you! Roger C.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:08 PM
advanced builder

Gotta be a party then
Old 07-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Hydro Junkie

Guys, I've already told the wife I'm taking at least one boat with us when we head east. I may have to buy a trailer to carry all the boating stuff and that means taking the truck instead of the car but, oh well, she will have to deal with it Glad to hear that the city isn't throwing out a deal breaker as that could make the pond unusable beyond the occasional afternoon running with friends, not a good thing after all the work and money you guys have invested into the site. Instead of a party, could we make it a BBQ? The wife doesn't drink and I'm not too fond of beer, last one was 1996 if that says anything.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:24 AM
gassertom

Happy 4th to all.
Here's a photos ofthe painted tub for the JAE Twin. Will start to re-assemble next week.

T&C
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95955.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	1897532  
Old 07-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Billk44

High visibility tub. Nice T-shirt.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:43 AM
waltk

Looks good Tom.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:48 PM
parshallboatworks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Happy 4th of July!!! Spent the morning till after 2 at pond.. Bullitt running fast now.. Removed about 8oz of lead from nose.. now the turns are real wide!! rides clean but dont want turn as well now. Have all kinds of pull for right turns.. no flex as right is a pull... deflection is at least 45 deg to the right.. any ideas?? rudder is angled slightly back at bottom,not sure what to try... raise strut? pretty loose now as it is... Hope the 4th was enjoyed by all.. Steve D. stopped out and discharged several batteries and Bob S did a couple test runs before heading to the great white north.. spent afternoon at flying field and came home for steaks on the grille!! now off to see fireworks!! GOOD DAY EH??
Old 07-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: gassertom

Happy 4th to all.
Here's a photos of the painted tub for the JAE Twin. Will start to re-assemble next week.

T&C
I like it! [8D]
Old 07-05-2013, 02:15 PM
gassertom

Made it to Northern Lights race site ok. Rain didn't stop until early afternoon. Site is wet but dried out pretty good by the end of the day. We all (Bob, Neal, Rick. Dick, Tom and Cindy) ran in open water with varying results. Good day all around tho. Here is a photo of Neal and Bob in the pits getting ready to run Rick's and Bob's gas sport 40's. Will try to get some vids tomorrow.
T&C

Name:	Kh17438.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	1897804  
Old 07-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Blackout

Made it to Northern Lights race site ok. Rain didn't stop until early afternoon. Site is wet but dried out pretty good by the end of the day. We all (Bob, Neal, Rick. Dick, Tom and Cindy) ran in open water with varying results. Good day all around tho. Here is a photo of Neal and Bob in the pits getting ready to run Rick's and Bob's gas sport 40's. Will try to get some vids tomorrow.
T&C
Thanks for sharing the photo! Would love to see video as well. Kinda wish I was there, but we are having fun in the Black Hills, SD. We changed our trip plans and will be staying in the Black Hills another 6 days instead of heading to the Grand Canyon. The boys are having way too much fun at the cave tours and we have much more to do, so we decided to stay.

Good luck racing!! Keep me posted
Old 07-05-2013, 06:56 PM
parshallboatworks

ORIGINAL: Blackout

T&C
Thanks for sharing the photo! Would love to see video as well. Kinda wish I was there, but we are having fun in the Black Hills, SD. We changed our trip plans and will be staying in the Black Hills another 6 days instead of heading to the Grand Canyon. The boys are having way too much fun at the cave tours and we have much more to do, so we decided to stay.

Yeah...GO TEAM STONY POND!! EH? Hope you all have fun!!
Craig.. The Black Hills are BEAUTIFUL!! and not so friggin hot as AZ. Hope you guys are having safe travels and a ton of fun... I replaced the bouy #2 and pumped out the boat and made sure house was still standing... All is ok on the homefront.No worries!! Saturday Walt and Bill are coming up going to chat on my next TOP SECRET build to start off the 13-14 building season... Plan to check on sunroom windows and make sure tools are still there,will let you know if anything is amiss... trees have been gettingplenty water..rained every day... should I check the basement,,??We kept William up too late on the 4th at the lake so I am sure he was happy to go to work this morning... Nice for you guys to get fireworks on your B-Days...lol

Old 07-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Blackout

ORIGINAL: parshallboatworks

T&C

Yeah...GO TEAM STONY POND!! EH? Hope you all have fun!!
Craig.. The Black Hills are BEAUTIFUL!! and not so friggin hot as AZ. Hope you guys are having safe travels and a ton of fun... I replaced the bouy #2 and pumped out the boat and made sure house was still standing... All is ok on the homefront.No worries!! Saturday Walt and Bill are coming up going to chat on my next TOP SECRET build to start off the 13-14 building season... Plan to check on sunroom windows and make sure tools are still there,will let you know if anything is amiss... trees have been gettingplenty water..rained every day... should I check the basement,,??We kept William up too late on the 4th at the lake so I am sure he was happy to go to work this morning... Nice for you guys to get fireworks on your B-Days...lol

Hi Rick, thanks!

The basement should be fine. The sump pump should be working and I left a 600 watt heater on to push the moisture out of the basement. Draws less watts than a de-humidifier....

Top Secret build... hmmm... gas rigger??
Old 07-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Blackout

On the way to SD, we passed a few woods that were clearly re-forested with Poplars. That's my plan for Stony Pond..... 10 years from now you won't know there is a pond in my back yard....
Old 07-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Blackout

So, no need to check basement. It's kinda dangerous going down there anyways, it's a mess.....[X(]
Old 07-05-2013, 09:03 PM
parshallboatworks

So, no need to check basement. It's kinda dangerous going down there anyways, it's a mess.....[X(]
LOL...Basement mess!! I know where you are coming from there.. GAS RIGGER....??!!?? HHHHMMMMMMM....... MABY!!! LOL... I am not into gas, you know that,lol.. I will know more tomorrow...let you know how top seceret it really is.. another one for one deal..... DARN GEESE ARE MOVIN IN.. they (all 6) were hanging out under the driver stand like they owned it..
Old 07-07-2013, 01:40 PM
gassertom

Northern Lights Race is in the history books. SPMBC members took home some gold too. Dick T. won the concourse for thunderboat (well deserved). Mother Nature wasn't too kind to us as they have had as much rain up here as we have - the tent area and where you drive in and out was a mud hole on Friday and continued to get worse as it rained / drizzled more over the weekend. Today, it was not recommended that you drive your car in, but rather park a bit away and cart your stuff in. On well, we all had to deal with the same conditions. Very windy today, but the way the pond is situated, the water conditions were pretty good. Here's a photo of SPMBC members prior to Sport 40 race - will post some vids tomorrow when we get home, as the download speed is slow here at the hotel. Found out what was wrong witht NR in the mono (thanks to Terry Keeley) - the head clearance was at 28 thous. should have been between 5 asnd 10 thous. Changed it to 10 thous and it took off like it should.
Thanks also to Luc and Andre for carting off our warped / deceased tarp!
T&C

Name:	Yw68967.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	1898409  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.