Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

nitroplanes tigermoth 120

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

nitroplanes tigermoth 120

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 08:02 AM
michael wood
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitroplanes tigermoth 120

what are you all using to rig the wing wires? The reason I ask is I broke a wire in the middle not at the clevis. Iam using the wire that came with the kit. The wire is thin and I am thing of using steel braided fishing wire. Ive heard of people using spider wire any help woul be nice thanks Michael Ive looked on RCU and cant seem to find any thing on the subject
Old 07-03-2013, 10:44 AM
jack steward350
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nitroplanes tigermoth 120

Hi, I have built many scale biplanes and the older ww1 era ones that have cable bracing wires I have found that nylon coated braided fishing line is tha best choice. It is inexpensive, readily available and the sleeves to crimp the wires together are also easily found. Fot the 30s era, I am not shure what was used on the later model Tiger Moths, I have used silver vinyl lacing for the streamlined bracing wires used in that era. The results were OK. I have attached a pic of a kit bashed GP P6E using the vinyl streamlined bracing wires. They are more work to install than the braided cable and add little, if any, structural strength.
Good Luck, Jack
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43363.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1897296