Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

R2004GF binding problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 01:44 PM
mainiac68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R2004GF binding problem

Have a R2004GF receiver in a Soling 1meter using a 4YF-2.4GHz radio. I've used this for about 6 months 2 or 3 times a week no problem. Today lost the signal and couldn't rebind. No water in the boat at all. Just to be sure I put new batteries in the radio and recharged 6v battery hooked direct to the receiver. It won't bind. The receiver just blinks red (held for over a minute). I have tried with the radio very close, 3feet away, 6 feet away, nothing. I have tried powering the radio, pushing the bind button on the receiver and then powering the receiver, same results. If the sheeting snagged below deck could It have damaged the receiver? I am using a HS7954SH servo and have programmed the safety at 50% for just such a problem. Can't think of anything unless it's the radio. HELP. Fred F
Old 07-05-2013, 09:26 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: R2004GF binding problem

If the batteries are good, and the receiver has no corrosion damage, there's no reason it should not work. However, boats make for difficult operation, sometimes, due to the likelihood of corrosion. You may want to check out the receiver. Corrosion damage cannot be corrected nor stopped.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:56 AM
mainiac68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R2004GF binding problem

Thanks Bill. I'll take a closer look with magnifying glass at the electronics for any obvious/not so obvious corrosion. Is there a product to apply to electronics for preventive maintenance in this application or just go back to the old balloon and rubber band? Going to the pond tomorrow so some skippers will have this same equipment and should be willing to let me troubleshoot by going through the binding routine with combos of theirs/mine. Thanks again, Fred F.