Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

100mph Castle Creations Rustler

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

100mph Castle Creations Rustler

Old 06-08-2013, 05:22 PM
xNitroAddictx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 100mph Castle Creations Rustler

Hello, I just ordered a castle creations 1/8th scale 2200kv motor and esc combo for 349.99.
I know the stock tranny box will not work for this motor, i know hotracing and integy make a tranny box that will work for the 2200kv motor.
But i am always told that integy is crap, so should i go with the hotracing aluminum tranny box?
And what radio should i get? i know spektrum came out with a new dx4s. I was thinking about getting this.
I have never owned a spektrum, and on the traxxas forums thats what most people run with their cars.
But on this forum i have heard they are complete crap, so what would u recommend rx/tx?
I already have a gyro its an e-sky and works very good.
The lipo i run is 3s 5000mah 50c 11.1v, Got 4 of these and are very happy with them
I have the stock steering servo in it the waterproof 2075, the only reason i still have it in there is because it has gave me no problems.
I was thinking about upgrading to a savox though, Any recommendations?
The only reason i am upgrading the motor/esc is because the velineon has died on me and tomorrow it would a year old
Like dont get me wrong im not saying the velineon is bad, i just over geared the **** out of it and it ran like a champ on 3s,
Topped out at 86mph.

-Thanks Brady

Old 06-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 100mph Castle Creations Rustler

Spektrum stuff is OK, nowhere near the best but not the worst either. The thing about spektrum for me is that they represent little additional value over the flysky stuff, and spektrum receivers are upwards of 40 bucks a pop. The flysky ones are 7 (yes, 7 dollars), which makes your next car a cheaper proposition.

If you want to pay for a quality brand, go Futaba.

About your new ESC and motor setup... you definitely weren't hitting 86 mph with the Velinion setup. Anyway, now you have a real powerhouse in there, no doubt about it. But how are you going to use that power if you stay with 3s batts? On 3s with the same gearing as you used with the Velinion setup, the car will be slower (lower kv, same voltage, same gearing=slower). In order to take advantage of the extra torque of the MMM, you are going to need to either gear up, by like, double (impossible), or increase the voltage (much better idea). I suggest to try 4S and the tallest gears available and take it from there.

Why do this with a rustler anyway? For 200 bucks you could get an OFNA lx2e, which will easily handle the power, and run it on 6S, it will be lot more rewarding than a massively overweight rustler.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:59 AM
xNitroAddictx

I Might need a new gun radar then, but draven3907 has hit 96mph with his velineon with video and gps proof. 
And as i stated above i have 4 of those 3s lipos, but  i will be purchasing a nice 4s so when i just wanna drive it around.
Also i will check out that ofna car.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:52 AM
Foxy

I'm truly astonished that a 2-pole motor on 3S can propel a 1/10th monster truck to near 100mph, but I'm prepared to be wrong. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:09 AM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I'm truly astonished that a 2-pole motor on 3S can propel a 1/10th monster truck to near 100mph, but I'm prepared to be wrong. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Stadium truck.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:46 PM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: xNitroAddictx

Hello, I just ordered a castle creations 1/8th scale 2200kv motor and esc combo for 349.99.
I know the stock tranny box will not work for this motor, i know hotracing and integy make a tranny box that will work for the 2200kv motor.
But i am always told that integy is crap, so should i go with the hotracing aluminum tranny box?
And what radio should i get? i know spektrum came out with a new dx4s. I was thinking about getting this.
I have never owned a spektrum, and on the traxxas forums thats what most people run with their cars.
But on this forum i have heard they are complete crap, so what would u recommend rx/tx?
I already have a gyro its an e-sky and works very good.
The lipo i run is 3s 5000mah 50c 11.1v, Got 4 of these and are very happy with them
I have the stock steering servo in it the waterproof 2075, the only reason i still have it in there is because it has gave me no problems.
I was thinking about upgrading to a savox though, Any recommendations?
The only reason i am upgrading the motor/esc is because the velineon has died on me and tomorrow it would a year old
Like dont get me wrong im not saying the velineon is bad, i just over geared the **** out of it and it ran like a champ on 3s,
Topped out at 86mph.

-Thanks Brady

What!?!?!? Why?!?!??

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDAVJ&P=ML
Old 07-03-2013, 07:24 PM
nastyboys727

dude rustler is a st not a truggy at all
Old 07-04-2013, 07:15 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: t-max97

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Stadium truck.
Whatever...

Old 07-05-2013, 01:35 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

Lol
Old 08-15-2013, 03:48 PM
BMKTW2

holy cow thats a huge motor for a stadium monster truck. And why did you pay so much for the motor/esc? I have a 4S 5000mah battery new in the box I can sell you for $50 shipped!
Old 09-04-2013, 02:12 PM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

always 100 miles an hour. 100 miles an hour is a lot! of course i can do it in my real car, but I have a little trouble staying in one lane with my stock-powered jato in second gear. good luck!