Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

Old 07-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thumbs Up for Hobbyking Support

ORIGINAL: Live Wire

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

ORIGINAL: countilaw

It sure looks like someone is getting paid to push the junk.
If you want to keep believing that.. be my guest.. I'm over trying to open closed minds.

Most people are capable of diserning the truth.. some clearly cannot.
We have a man here in the US that has the same line of BULL
yes unfortunate what is happening in your country.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:20 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its called freedom of choice and freedom of speech.

That's right, it's called Freedom of Speech and I still say someone is getting paid to push their junk. If their junk is so good, they wouldn't need greedy people taking their money to praise the junk they sell and their non existant customer service.

And FYI, Libel is to tell a lie about a person, Slander is when write a lie about someone. The TRUTH is a Defense to both.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Rob2160

its called freedom of choice and freedom of speech.

That's right, it's called Freedom of Speech and I still say someone is getting paid to push their junk. If their junk is so good, they wouldn't need greedy people taking their money to praise the junk they sell and their non existant customer service.

And FYI, Libel is to tell a lie about a person, Slander is when write a lie about someone. The TRUTH is a Defense to both.

Yes you can say anything you want. You can still say someone is getting paid to push their junk but it won't change the fact that you are still wrong. I don't get a cent.

Every time you turn on your TV, you can see someone getting paid to push their junk... shame on those Greedy Advertising agencies!.

But I am not getting paid anything to share my HK experiences.

You might also want to check your info on Libel and Slander too. Because my good sir.. you are wrong once again...

Check any dictionary...

Libel vs. slander

Libel is the use of false, defamatory claims about someone in written or printed form. Slander likewise denotes false statements that damage a person’s reputation, but it is committed orally or in any other transient form.

The truth is a defense to both? Ok.. I have been telling the truth since my first post..

The truth cannot be disproven.. It can only be denied... If you choose to deny the truth that is entirely on you.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:26 AM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: topspin

A friend of mine posted this earlier in the year but thought it might be relevent.

READ THIS to Avoid Getting Conned
One year ago today Hobby King ran this ad. I believe that since this ad ran there has been a noticeable increase in HK promotion on RCG and other RC forums. Not once have I seen where someone promoting HK and their products has disclosed that they are in fact employees being paid to promote HK. This practice is against the law in the USA. Buyer Beware! Those posts you are reading may be coming from HK promoters/employees. Research all HK products thoroughly before buying to Avoid Getting Conned.
Unfortunately this ad destroyed the credibility of all HK supporters and puts all positive reviews in question? Why would a large successful? company do this?
Please keep replies pertinent to the Topic rather than attacking RCG users. Thank You.

Online Promotion Staff Needed
Post Reply Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 123 13>
Author Message Topic Search Topic OptionsPost Reply
Create New Topic
Printable Version
HobbyKing_Admin Members Profile
Find Members Posts
Add to Buddy List
Platinum (AU)
USERID: 731618
Forum Admin

Online Status: Offline
Posts: 283 Quote Reply Topic: Online Promotion Staff Needed
Posted: 17/Jan/2012 at 3:58pm
Do you like playing with HobbyKing products?
Do you want to get paid for promoting HobbyKing products in forums and other online mediums?

Send your letter of interest, outlining your skills and history in R/C to [email protected]

*Remuneration from $100/month up for the right candidates.
Thanks, I genuinely found that enlightening. ..

The advertisement says "promote Hobbyking Products" Not "Secretly Lie about Hobbyking Products"

What do you think staff in hobbyshops do? They are also getting paid to promote their products.

But I agree if someone is getting paid to promote products it is wrong not to disclose this.. I completely AGREE with you on that and I can understand why the practice is illegal in the USA.

However its actually not a bad thing asking RC modellers to "promote" RC products.. at least they might have some actual product knowledge.. Much better than having bikini clad gals promoting RC.... How much product knowledge would they have?

I also completely AGREE with the part I have highlighted in red above.. I have been saying exactly the same thing.

But you are still incorrect if you think I am one of these people.

Sure you might get some pimple faced uni students take up the offer..

But I am a corporate pilot with far more toys than I need. .. why would I waste my time for $100 per month? Sheesh! that wouldnt even cover the beer cost for a night out in Melbourne..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlzld9x6aXc

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75161.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	1897480   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49765.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	1897481  
Old 07-04-2013, 07:06 AM
topspin

A friend of mine posted this earlier in the year but thought it might be relevent.

One year ago today Hobby King ran this ad. I believe that since this ad ran there has been a noticeable increase in HK promotion on RCG and other RC forums. Not once have I seen where someone promoting HK and their products has disclosed that they are in fact employees being paid to promote HK. This practice is against the law in the USA. Buyer Beware! Those posts you are reading may be coming from HK promoters/employees. Research all HK products thoroughly before buying to Avoid Getting Conned.
Unfortunately this ad destroyed the credibility of all HK supporters and puts all positive reviews in question? Why would a large successful? company do this?
Please keep replies pertinent to the Topic rather than attacking RCG users. Thank You.

Create New Topic
Printable Version
Find Members Posts
Add to Buddy List
Platinum (AU)
Forum Admin

Do you want to get paid for promoting HobbyKing products in forums and other online mediums?

Send your letter of interest, outlining your skills and history in R/C to [email protected]

The advertisement says ''promote Hobbyking Products'' Not ''Secretly Lie about Hobbyking Products''

What do you think staff in hobbyshops do? They are also getting paid to promote their products.

But I agree if someone is getting paid to promote products it is wrong not to disclose this.. I completely AGREE with you on that and I can understand why the practice is illegal in the USA.

However its actually not a bad thing asking RC modellers to ''promote'' RC products.. at least they might have some actual product knowledge.. Much better than having bikini clad gals promoting RC.... How much product knowledge would they have?

I also completely AGREE with the part I have highlighted in red above.. I have been saying exactly the same thing.

But I am a corporate pilot with far more toys than I need. .. why would I waste my time for $100 per month? Sheesh! that wouldnt even cover the beer cost for a night out in Melbourne..[img][/img]

I have not seen anything that I would construe as a lie. What I have seen is a full court press to praise Hobby King and particularly their so called customer service which in my opinion is non existant.

You posted "But I am not getting paid anything to share my HK experiences." That may be but you have continued to press the issue so hard and with such fervor that one has got to wonder if you are not getting something out of the deal. Try to see it from our point of view and don't forget the HK letter. It did say " get paid to promote promote Hobby King products". After the first two posts it began to sound like promoting to me.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Rob2160

Create New Topic
Printable Version
Find Members Posts
Add to Buddy List
Platinum (AU)
Forum Admin

The advertisement says ''promote Hobbyking Products'' Not ''Secretly Lie about Hobbyking Products''

However its actually not a bad thing asking RC modellers to ''promote'' RC products.. at least they might have some actual product knowledge.. Much better than having bikini clad gals promoting RC.... How much product knowledge would they have?

But I am a corporate pilot with far more toys than I need. .. why would I waste my time for $100 per month? Sheesh! that wouldnt even cover the beer cost for a night out in Melbourne..[img][/img]

I have not seen anything that I would construe as a lie. What I have seen is a full court press to praise Hobby King and particularly their so called customer service which in my opinion is non existant.

You posted "But I am not getting paid anything to share my HK experiences." That may be but you have continued to press the issue so hard and with such fervor that one has got to wonder if you are not getting something out of the deal. Try to see it from our point of view and don't forget the HK letter. It did say " get paid to promote promote Hobby King products". After the first two posts it began to sound like promoting to me.
Well don't criticise someone for being passionate about this hobby.. I don't apologise for telling the truth.. I never denied that some people may experience bad customer support and I never actually pushed the support issue that much, simply saying that I used it ONCE in 3 years and 135 orders.. That one time it worked for me.. Thats the truth.

Yes,I do defend HK when people make generalisations such as "All their products are junk"

Yes, you are correct in saying that I was promoting them strongly..I completely agree with that.. I do and always will promote the HK helis because I have lots of experience with them and I beleive they are a great inexpensive way to start in RC Helicopters.

Would you rather see kids waste time on Playstations and XBoxes and learn nothing, or take up a hobby that teaches them eye hand coordination, basic physics and some degree of mechanical aptitude?

The average teenager will never afford an $800 Gaui with a $900 JR11x.. which puts RC helicopters out of the reach of many people..

To share my background.. I have flown RC planes since 1978, and tried Helis for the first time 3 years ago... I started with Coaxial, moved up to collective and bought a $400 Blade 400, it literally was a piece of junk.. the servos failed, the tail belt broke. it cost me over $200 in repairs within 10 flights (due to mechanical failures) and I was literally ready to give up on RC Helis because the cost of repairs was ridiculous and the failure rate was high..

I was ready to give RC helis up completely until I read a post about HK Helis and decided to give them a try..

What can I say? I was actually expecting to receive junk when the first box arrived.. but was pleasantly surprised and being able to build a heli for around $150 with spare parts that cost peanuts made RC Helis affordable..

What is more, they actually flew much better than the Blade 400 and I was hooked.. I have truthfully built 13 HK helicopters for myself and 3 for other people so I do have some experience with them..

I was and still am genuinely impressed that you can get such good value flying machines for such a low price..

So what is the harm in sharing that with others? Truly my ONLY motivation is to encourage others into this hobby. I know at least 2 teenage boys who would never be flying RC helicopters without HK, simply becaue they can't afford brand name products..

Of course you can pay big $ for better quality products. I never denied that either, I simpy say that you can get good value for money if you shop carefully on HK.. Yes maybe I got over defensive when people started accusing me of getting paid to lie .. but using your own words.. what would you do??

If you KNEW you were telling the truth and others kept accusing you of lying?? wouldnt you also have the integrity to just keep telling the truth until somebody beleived you?

I never said HK has perfect customer support for everyone.. I simply said that I used it once and it worked for me.. That was worth a single "thumbs up" and thats all I was ever saying in my original post.

Some vids - I've been in this hobby for 35 years... I wouldn't promote anything I thought was junk. I love this hobby too much,

But once again. my experience with the HK Helis has been good, so what is the harm in saying so?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8DU7WD8ra0[/youtube]

This is the Blade 400 before the servos started failing.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIq3EhMwe9Y

and the Faulty Servo.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgoztDiEZ7k[/youtube]

I have built more of the HK helis than anyone I know.. so I feel qualified to comment.. trust me, if they were junk I would not have so many of them and I would definately not promote them to others..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i2SJBBJIJk[/youtube]

And this is how you build one.. a time lapse video of a one night build session...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU4w7IT-1do[/youtube]

and here is the maiden flight the following day..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9X0rYnHEDY[/youtube]

This heli cost me $110 to put in the air and is still going strong 3 years and 1000 flights later.. so of course I will defend HK when people say they only sell junk.. I have seen the align Heli kits side by side with the HK kits, $500 vs $59.. yes Align has consistently better quality.. no question.. but HK is 90% there and that is good enough to build a reliable nice flying heli..

I know you are only trying to protect your fellow RC'ers, but trust me.. I am not trying to deceive them.. just share my own good experiences which are the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth..
Old 07-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)

Countilaw and Topspin have serious ongoing issues with Hobby King which is their right and observations. I'm the opposite; my experiences with them have been great. If I need something fast, I pay the higher shipping and get the stuff in 7-10 days. If I'm not in a hurry, I go el cheapo and it does take 2-3 weeks to get to Florida.

Make no mistake, buying from Tower, Hobby Lobby, Horizon, etc, is not 'buying American'. It's buying Chinese, via an American based company. I buy from all of them. When I'm really in a hurry I go to the LHS and pay double + gas and time. But I get the stuff right away.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:27 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (1)

i get my rc items the fasted way i can i dont have a lot of money iam retired and 81 yrs old if i want it now i get it not much time for me in this world i need to enjoy my time here
Old 07-04-2013, 10:31 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I have not seen anything that I would construe as a lie. What I have seen is a full court press to discredit Hobby King and particularly their so called customer service which in my opinion is non existant.

You posted ''But I am not getting paid anything to bash HK.'' That may be but you have continued to press the issue so hard and with such fervor that one has got to wonder if you are not getting something out of the deal. Try to see it from our point of view and don't forget the years of hateful posts. It did say '' get paid to bash Hobby King products''. After the first two Years it began to sound like paid bashing to me.
We can invert your statements as well and wonder what motivates you guys, can't we??
Old 07-04-2013, 12:25 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Well even here in the USofA we have wallie world, everyone knows they sell for less but of less quality. If you buy there you run the risk.
Honestly I buy a lots of lipos from them, can't resist their 50% less price. Besides being slow to deliver I can't complain
Old 07-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Neddy191
My Feedback: (2)

I've never had good service from Hobby King.

Last order I tried to buy 2 batteries from the US warehouse. Placed my order, batteries showed as in stock "10+" on the website. A week later I'd heard nothing so checked back and after over an hour on the crappy online chat customer support was told sorry - they're out of stock and won't be available for at least 2 months. I asked for them to make it right and was then told basically too bad if you want them you wait 2 months we don't do anything to help you or improve our website stock info.

Last week I tried again to buy 2 batteries. I checked last night and although when I paid for them when I placed my order it appeared to go through, the website was still waiting on payment. I spent another 45 mins on the crappy online chat customer support and of course now they make the payment go through but wont' do anything to make the shipping any faster even though their problem caused me at least a week delay in getting them.

***************** HOBBYY KING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****************************
Old 07-04-2013, 03:39 PM
w0mbat

Hobby King is the best thing that ever happened to our hobby shop! Without them, our service department would be slow!
Old 07-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Joe 1320

I could care less what someone else's experience with Hobbyking might be. For me, I spent thousands over the years with them starting back when it was an ebay shop, then though several names including hobby city and finally Hobbyking. There was a time that their service was reasonable. When dealing with overseas, one can expect a 3 week trip. It might get there a little sooner, but doubtful. If you are in close proximity, something like Australia, it makes sense that you might get it a little sooner. I occasionally ran into problems with what was received in an order, but things were handled quickly. As time moved on, customer service from Hobbyking became laughable. Now, you have to jump though a fair amount of hoops, which even that can almost be expected. What you don't expect is stupid stuff like not refunding immediately when an order is cancelled. What is not acceptable is dragging out a warranty process for months. What is not acceptable is having to wait more than paypal's limit of an extremely generous 45 day window to get what you ordered or file a claim against the vender. Some of the chat sessions are an exercise in utter frustration as hobbyking's policy appears to be "once we have your money, we will take our sweet time in doing anything". Chat sessions and complaints get close with a "problem solved" comment when the problems hasn't been solved. Some of these chat session scripts look like a "who is on first?" Comedy routine. It's simply unbelievable.

What makes things laughable is when people get on these forums and spout out nothing but propaganda to make hobbyking look like god's gift to the rc world and that hobbyking gets thousands of orders per day and everyone's order arrives perfect, customer service bends over backwards, and all sorts of utter BS like wait for hobbyking to take months to make things right. the reality is that After years of minor problems with hobbyking where issued were addressed quickly, the problems started to increase. When it got to the point that they were sending me defective products and blowing me off, also dragging their feet for weeks to refund on cancelled orders, and needing several paypal interventions to get resolutions, hobbyking will never get anther dime from me. Hobbyking service just plain sucks now and don't let anyone fool you. It is all a roll of the dice. If you don't have a problem, lucky you. When you do end up with an issue, a root canal takes less time and involves less pain than dealing with their "customer service" reps.

I see what their mode of operation is, they think the public is stupid and that they will put up with anything because of cheap prices. Well.... They are right because there are people that get screwed, smile and say how great it is to get screwed, and line up to do it all over again. Some are in that boat because of location. If you are much closer to them, it's a whole lot cheaper on the shipping than getting it half way around the globe. You still have to deal with their crap.

It doesn't have to be that way. Most items CAN be purchased elsewhere for similar pricing. The catch is.... YOU have to do the searching rather than just click on one site where everything is listed for you.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:13 PM
warningshot

ORIGINAL: Tony Iannucelli

Countilaw and Topspin have serious ongoing issues with Hobby King which is their right and observations. I'm the opposite; my experiences with them have been great. If I need something fast, I pay the higher shipping and get the stuff in 7-10 days. If I'm not in a hurry, I go el cheapo and it does take 2-3 weeks to get to Florida.

Make no mistake, buying from Tower, Hobby Lobby, Horizon, etc, is not 'buying American'. It's buying Chinese, via an American based company. I buy from all of them. When I'm really in a hurry I go to the LHS and pay double + gas and time. But I get the stuff right away.
Not sure what issues Countilaw has with HK as he has stated he has never ordered anything from them. Makes one wonder who is paying him.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: Neddy191

I've never had good service from Hobby King.

Last order I tried to buy 2 batteries from the US warehouse. Placed my order, batteries showed as in stock "10+" on the website. A week later I'd heard nothing so checked back and after over an hour on the crappy online chat customer support was told sorry - they're out of stock and won't be available for at least 2 months. I asked for them to make it right and was then told basically too bad if you want them you wait 2 months we don't do anything to help you or improve our website stock info.

Last week I tried again to buy 2 batteries. I checked last night and although when I paid for them when I placed my order it appeared to go through, the website was still waiting on payment. I spent another 45 mins on the crappy online chat customer support and of course now they make the payment go through but wont' do anything to make the shipping any faster even though their problem caused me at least a week delay in getting them.

***************** HOBBYY KING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****************************
That is pretty poor service I admit.. Sounds like an issue with the US warehouse.. I have never ordered from the US warehouse so I can't share an opinion.
.. Have you tried ordering from the global site? It always seems to work, though deliveries will take a few weeks with normal shipping.. Faster with EMS, The Aussie warehouse is super fast every time.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: warningshot

ORIGINAL: Tony Iannucelli

Not sure what issues Countilaw has with HK as he has staed he has never ordered anything from them. Makes one wonder who is paying him.
I have no issue with someone saying a company sells "Junk" if they can support it with some real examples.

If every product I bought from HK was Junk, I would stop buying after perhaps 2 or maybe 3 orders.. If I received consistent junk I would have stopped using them long ago.. My experience has been the opposite.. usually pleasantly surprised with the quality (for the price) hence 135 orders over 3 years.

But Countilaw just makes sweeping statements without any real evidence. I suggested he provide some of his experiences and describe exactly what HK items he has seen and why they were "JUNK" but am still waiting for a reply..

Maybe I went overboard with my videos here, but they were the best way to show I am telling the truth and to show that my HK Helis and planes fly great.

I watch a lot of the HK product video reviews and the BS is fairly minimal. I haven't actually heard anything technically wrong in their videos.

I have heard lots of CR*P from sales people in some hobby stores and some outright lies.. the best was "buy carbon fibre rotor blades for your helicopter because they will never break, even in a crash" Anyone who flies helis knows that is WRONG..

And I have also received some great, accurate and useful advice from staff in hobbystores who really know their product.

I have bought over 300 items from ebay.. and yes some of it really is junk.. I test it and throw it away.. and never buy that item from that seller again..

It doesn't mean EVERYTHING from Ebay is junk..

Old 07-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

I have not seen anything that I would construe as a lie. What I have seen is a full court press to discredit Hobby King and particularly their so called customer service which in my opinion is non existant.

You posted ''But I am not getting paid anything to bash HK.'' That may be but you have continued to press the issue so hard and with such fervor that one has got to wonder if you are not getting something out of the deal. Try to see it from our point of view and don't forget the years of hateful posts. It did say '' get paid to bash Hobby King products''. After the first two Years it began to sound like paid bashing to me.
We can invert your statements as well and wonder what motivates you guys, can't we??
I almost said that too.. +5
Old 07-05-2013, 06:16 AM
topspin

ORIGINAL: Joe 1320

I could care less what someone else's experience with Hobbyking might be. For me, I spent thousands over the years with them starting back when it was an ebay shop, then though several names including hobby city and finally Hobbyking. There was a time that their service was reasonable. When dealing with overseas, one can expect a 3 week trip. It might get there a little sooner, but doubtful. If you are in close proximity, something like Australia, it makes sense that you might get it a little sooner. I occasionally ran into problems with what was received in an order, but things were handled quickly. As time moved on, customer service from Hobbyking became laughable. Now, you have to jump though a fair amount of hoops, which even that can almost be expected. What you don't expect is stupid stuff like not refunding immediately when an order is cancelled. What is not acceptable is dragging out a warranty process for months. What is not acceptable is having to wait more than paypal's limit of an extremely generous 45 day window to get what you ordered or file a claim against the vender. Some of the chat sessions are an exercise in utter frustration as hobbyking's policy appears to be ''once we have your money, we will take our sweet time in doing anything''. Chat sessions and complaints get close with a ''problem solved'' comment when the problems hasn't been solved. Some of these chat session scripts look like a ''who is on first?'' Comedy routine. It's simply unbelievable.

What makes things laughable is when people get on these forums and spout out nothing but propaganda to make hobbyking look like god's gift to the rc world and that hobbyking gets thousands of orders per day and everyone's order arrives perfect, customer service bends over backwards, and all sorts of utter BS like wait for hobbyking to take months to make things right. the reality is that After years of minor problems with hobbyking where issued were addressed quickly, the problems started to increase. When it got to the point that they were sending me defective products and blowing me off, also dragging their feet for weeks to refund on cancelled orders, and needing several paypal interventions to get resolutions, hobbyking will never get anther dime from me. Hobbyking service just plain sucks now and don't let anyone fool you. It is all a roll of the dice. If you don't have a problem, lucky you. When you do end up with an issue, a root canal takes less time and involves less pain than dealing with their ''customer service'' reps.

I see what their mode of operation is, they think the public is stupid and that they will put up with anything because of cheap prices. Well.... They are right because there are people that get screwed, smile and say how great it is to get screwed, and line up to do it all over again. Some are in that boat because of location. If you are much closer to them, it's a whole lot cheaper on the shipping than getting it half way around the globe. You still have to deal with their crap.

It doesn't have to be that way. Most items CAN be purchased elsewhere for similar pricing. The catch is.... YOU have to do the searching rather than just click on one site where everything is listed for you.
+1 Joe, they screwed me one time too many and will never get another dime from me.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:26 AM
scale only 4 me

All this stuff was less than a dime?? That's a great deal no matter how long shipping takes.

[quote]ORIGINAL: topspin

+1 Joe, they screwed me one time too many and will never get another dime from me.

I noticed all of the shills on another site talking about getting their Hobby King orders in less than two weeks. I don't ever recall getting an order from them in less than two weeks so I decided to put it to the test. I ordered some JST connectors and some servo extensions form them just to see how long it would take. I only placed a small order so if it never got here it would not be bothersome.

So here is how it went. I placed the order on 7 June and paid with PayPal. Almost immediately three checkmarks showed up and the first one said paid 6/7/2013.

So two strange things happened, the date in the first check changed to 6/8/2013 and 7 days later the fourth checkmark appeared saying my order was shipped on 6/14/2013. Like the date on the first checkmark this changed from the 14th to the 13th. Well, the 6/13 date in this checkmark certainly didn't jive with Hong Kong post who said it was posted on 6/14/2013 and left Hong Kong for the US on the 18th, four days later.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:17 AM
topspin

[quote]ORIGINAL: scale only 4 me

All this stuff was less than a dime?? That's a great deal no matter how long shipping takes.

I noticed all of the shills on another site talking about getting their Hobby King orders in less than two weeks. I don't ever recall getting an order from them in less than two weeks so I decided to put it to the test. I ordered some JST connectors and some servo extensions form them just to see how long it would take. I only placed a small order so if it never got here it would not be bothersome.

So here is how it went. I placed the order on 7 June and paid with PayPal. Almost immediately three checkmarks showed up and the first one said paid 6/7/2013.

So two strange things happened, the date in the first check changed to 6/8/2013 and 7 days later the fourth checkmark appeared saying my order was shipped on 6/14/2013. Like the date on the first checkmark this changed from the 14th to the 13th. Well, the 6/13 date in this checkmark certainly didn't jive with Hong Kong post who said it was posted on 6/14/2013 and left Hong Kong for the US on the 18th, four days later.

Five bucks just to make a point. So what? I don't buy anything from them that I want or need, I just bought a couple of small connectors (that I already had by the way) to make a point. There is no way anyone gets anything from the Hong Kong warehouse to the US in under 14 days so the I guess they lied huh.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:28 AM
scale only 4 me

Well, "lied" is your word not mine, too bad there's no place to really find the "truth" these days.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:56 AM
[email protected]

where would this forum be if everyone just said nice things about everything
Old 07-05-2013, 11:43 AM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you must face it and it can't be denied, MOST HK products are cheap knock offs of other quality products. If you don't believe me open a Hitec servo and one of HK's and you will see a difference.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:56 AM
scale only 4 me

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

where would this forum be if everyone just said nice things about everything
Very true,
Honest criticism based on personal experience is all good with me,,, what these guys do is another story.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:46 AM
topspin

you must face it and it can't be denied, MOST HK products are cheap knock offs of other quality products. If you don't believe me open a Hitec servo and one of HK's and you will see a difference.

You just may have hit on one of those undeniable facts Frank.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43697.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1898041   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94350.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1898042  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.