Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Quality of goldwing rc 3d/ sport planes

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Quality of goldwing rc 3d/ sport planes

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 03:19 PM
Hawk131

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality of goldwing rc 3d/ sport planes

Does anyone have any experience with Goldwing rc airplanes, I'm getting a 26cc gasser and I want to put it in a Extra 260 they have on General Hobby. I just want to know if there any major problems with them. Thanks
Old 07-01-2013, 03:53 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Quality of goldwing rc 3d/ sport planes

They gave us an MXS-R for a prize last year, the guy that built it was pretty happy with it, and I flew it several times and it flew well.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:45 PM
ameyam

I dont believe gw have a 260. Check if its a 300lp or 330sc.

GW are great fliers albeit a bit fragile. You will need to reinforce typical areas & go over the fuse with CA. The sheeting is particularly delicate

Ameyam
Old 07-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Hawk131

Ok, thanks guys, I was hoping to get more comments but its a lesser known company, so that makes sense. I will strengthen it up, I'm putting a gasser on it so I'm guessing it was going to need it .
Old 07-05-2013, 02:54 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Hawk131

Ok, thanks guys, I was hoping to get more comments but its a lesser known company, so that makes sense. I will strengthen it up, I'm putting a gasser on it so I'm guessing it was going to need it .
I have a GW 300LP with a 30cc gas engine. The main thing is to beef up what needs beefing up Pretty much as you would do with any plane. As Ameyam stated they are a bit fragile and may need some reinforcing. I really like mine as it is a great flyer and takes a decent beating. I have not had to buy any parts yet and that part concerns me as there are many horror stories about GW parts.