Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

RCM Plans Service

Old 03-04-2013, 10:09 PM
earthsower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCM Plans Service

An update on RCM plans service.I had ordered 4 sets of Giant Scale plansback in the beginning of November. No replies to the status of my order.
The Better Business Bureau has had no success in getting a response from RCM Plans Service.
RCM wasnt even on the radar for the BBB but now anyone doing a business search for RCM plans will be informed of this situation.
Maybe that will be the final death nail of RCM plans, hopefully someone reputable will takeover and bring a great service in the past back to life.
The Yahoo(s) still have their website up and running - RCM plans service.
Probably trolling for more suckers before it all collapses.
Dave
Old 03-04-2013, 10:53 PM
Mr. E

Default RE: RCM Plans Service

i ordered about the same time and im haveing the same issues ive called emailed with no reply. frankly i erge people not to use them which is sad i used to get plans from them all the time now i have no trust in them
Old 06-28-2013, 12:53 PM
jrlingrel

I remember when I had a subscription to the magazine with about 10 months to go. They just stopped and never offered to refund my money. I don''t do business with anything that says RCM. There are a lot of other sources of plans.

John
Old 06-28-2013, 03:47 PM
earthsower

I just recentlysaw the RCM Plan service is still on the web, still looking for suckers. It has been 8 months the p*icks got my money and nothing to show for it.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Mr. E

im with you almost 8 months its been bull****.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:38 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

After Don Dewey died, the family allowed renewals to the magazine to continue to be accepted even though they had no intention of continuing the publication I had remitted a 2 year payment for RCM, and never got my money back even though I had sent several letters. It doesn't surprise me that they are ripping off people on the plans service. It's a shame. From now on, I pay with a credit card so at least I have some recourse.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:17 PM
STEVEB

So far, most if not all posts have been relatively polite. Mine won't. RCM Plans is a fraudulent activity. To continue to run the web site, accept money and then, nothing, is fraud. I have attempted contact with this outfit with no success. Snail mail sent to an address obtained via a reverse telephone was returned as undeliverable with no known forwarding address, an e-mail sent to the address provided in the confirmation of order e-mail went unanswered and, many phone calls unanswered all point to a business gone bust. That they have not posted in the various fora available to the RC community implies to me they don't care. Well, I don't mind calling them a fraudulent activity.

Do not order from them as you will only receive the frustration of chasing a ghost.

Should, for some reason, a set of plans arrive, I will gladly apologize but, I don't think that particular check is in the mail.

Steve Barnett
Arnold, Maryland
Old 07-10-2013, 10:00 AM
lgbfelt

See similar thread of discussion regarding RCM Plans Service on the forum "Scratch Building Aircraft Design 3D/CAD."
Old 07-16-2013, 01:49 PM
marc lorenz
My Feedback: (14)

I orderd 2 sets of plans from RCM plans service on 5/31/13 and have still not received them. Have sent 2 e-mails to them with no reply and have tried to call them several times with no sucess of getting through and now there 877 number is no longer in service so I guess they got me for a $100.00 that I bet I will never see returned or the plans. Wish I had seen these posts before I wasted my money with them. I dont recomend ordering anything from those theives because you will probily never see it and they will be laughing all the way to the bank.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:19 PM
sterbejj

I ordered two plan sets from RCM Plans last February and got a confirmation number for my order. In April I was able to actually chat with someone on the phone who promised that my plans would be in the mail by the end of that week, which would have been April 26th. Still have not received the plan sets. My letters to the Gold Beach, OR postal inspector and to the Chamber of Commerce have yielded no replies. I made two queries to the Oregon Department of Justice (Consumer Protection) and got case numbers but no apparent action after two months. Now, 6 months after placing the order by credit card, it is too late to recoup my payment from the credit card company. If a whole bunch of us filed compaints with the Oregon DOJ, maybe we could get some action. The link to the on-line complaint form is: https://justice.oregon.gov/forms/consumer_complaint.asp

V/r,
Casey Sterbenz
AMA 86189
Old 09-09-2013, 12:15 PM
lgbfelt

RC UNIVERSE MEMBERS - An update on my filing a complaint against RCM Plans LLC to the Oregon Department of Justice. Most recent message, if I do nothing or if have been remedied by my bank/credit card company, the Oregon Department of Justice will "CLOSE THE FILE!!??" Nothing like the "STRONG ARM OF THE LAW" working for you.

Rather than all this riggamarrow, what I would really like is the sets of plans that I initially ordered. Has anyone actually received a plan order from RCM Plans in the last several months or year? For those of you that have actually received plans, what type of media was actually delivered; were they contact ammonia blueprints or contact diazo whiteprints (originals being vellum or mylar media)? Or were they xerox reproductions? Or were they laser/inkjet plotter products? The later suggests that the originals have been scanned and exist in electronic format (JPG, TIF, PDF format). RCM Plans LLC can go DOWN THE TUBES on their own accord (hopefully not hurting to many in the process). However, it would be a terrible blow if the whole library of RCM magazine plans went down with them. Hoping for a good outcome either now or in the future on this one way or another.

In the meantime, for a price markedly higher than the RCM fee, I have came up with a set of plans originally distributed by Great Planes for their Ultra Sport 1000 kit. With the exception of longer wing span to meet IMAA criteria, I believe these plans are identical or at least very similar to the RCM plans. I have scanned the originals and they presently exist in JPG, PDF and DWG raster electronic format. I don't know what the copyright and legal issues are with redistribution of such plans. However, for deserving people lots of things are possible.

Best regards, LARRY

> To: [email protected]
> Subject: RCM PLANS, LLC: BODYFELT, LARRY - FF5089-13
> Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 17:01:30 +0000
>
> You stated in your complaint you filed a chargeback with your credit card company, were you granted a credit? If not, please provide us any paperwork you may have regarding this business within (10) days of receipt of this email.
>
> If we do not hear from you within this time, we will close the file.
>
> Alicia Suarez / Enforcement Officer
> Oregon Department of Justice / Civil Enforcement Division
> Phone: 503-934-4400 / Fax: 503-378-8910
>
> *****CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*****
>
> This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.
>
> ************************************
Old 09-09-2013, 07:47 PM
sterbejj

I, too, am in contact with Alicia Suarez at the Oregon DOJ. I suggest that EVERYONE who has not received their paid for plan sets from RCM Plans file a complaint with the Oregon DOJ. The link to the on-line complaint form is: https://justice.oregon.gov/forms/consumer_complaint.asp
Once Ms. Suarez and the others who work in that office get inundated with complaints, maybe we'll get some action.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:15 AM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I read this as if they don't hear back from you they will close the file... much different than how you read it

Originally Posted by lgbfelt
>
> If we do not hear from you within this time, we will close the file.
>
> Alicia Suarez / Enforcement Officer
> Oregon Department of Justice / Civil Enforcement Division
> Phone: 503-934-4400 / Fax: 503-378-8910
>
> *****CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*****
>
> This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.
>
> ************************************
Old 09-11-2013, 03:22 PM
lgbfelt

MATTNEW - In any event, I did indeed reply back to the ODOJ. Thanks for the feedback. LARRY
Old 09-12-2013, 06:34 AM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lgbfelt
MATTNEW - In any event, I did indeed reply back to the ODOJ. Thanks for the feedback. LARRY
I hope you end up with a positive solution in the long run, it is definitely a crappy situation.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:06 AM
STEVEB

I have an open complaint with Alicia of the Oregon Atty General as well. Rcv'd an e-mail several days ago asking for additional info which was provided. At least the complaint is still open. Will provide an update as to the resolution when it arrives.

Steve Barnett
Arnold, MD