Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD
Reload this Page >

Warning!---- Rcm Plans Service----- Warning!

Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

Warning!---- Rcm Plans Service----- Warning!

Old 01-23-2013, 01:37 PM
JL1
My Feedback: (93)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: issues with rcm plans

I also had direct contact with the woman owner and it was a positive experience. My plans arrived within a week or two.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Quigleywins

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lack of service RCM plans

Show Details FROM:Paul Timms TO:RCM Plans Message starred Monday, 10 December 2012 4:07 PM This is the third request to what is going on with an undelivered item. I would love to here that you are getting these Emails regarding the non arrival of payed items from your out let of plans The next letter will be on lime in one of the Model Aero forums Please act and send a reply Yours Paul Timms

To: RCM Plans
Sent: Thursday, 29 November 2012 8:27 AM
Subject: Re: Order Confirmation No: 6147

The item below has not yet arrived. If there is any way to track the movement of the item I would be pleased to have you do that for me.If it was sent surface mail (by sea) we are still a few days from the time required to complete the trip.Post from the USA is around on average 10 days with the record of 4 days with one item. So 30 days is a little long I think. I have checked the adress you used and it is correct to the letter. Yours Paul Timms

To: timms
Sent: Monday, 29 October 2012 7:05 PM
Subject: Order Confirmation No: 6147

Order Confirmation from RCM Plans

paul timms

Thanks for shopping with us today!
The following are the details of your order.

Order Number: 6147
Date Ordered: Monday 29 October, 2012
Detailed Invoice:

Has any other builders had problems with this out let for plans. Money taken, no responce to 3 emails what action is left. Phone call cost more than the plans worth.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:22 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Lack of service RCM plans

Hello Quigly,

Unfortunately, the answer is yes. This has been a recurring theme for the RCM Plans Service. You may like to check out
[I put the wrong link in here. I have since deleted it. Use the link below from Quigleywins]

I don't know if anyone else has issues but several on this thread (above) have. Of course, that link is mainly written by folks who have not had good success with RCM Plans. I would use them much more but I've been bitten twice. If/when you get hold of them the answer is usually something like "Yes, I have them right here, they're going out tomorrow - sorry for the delay" or something similar. If you read through the thread you'll get an idea for it.

Bob
Old 02-09-2013, 10:18 PM
tschuy
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: N1EDM

Hello Quigly,

Unfortunately, the answer is yes. This has been a recurring theme for the RCM Plans Service. You may like to check out
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11396205

Bob
I think the wrong link was posted or maybe its just broke. When I click on it, the link takes me to a discussion on Robart gear?

Old 02-10-2013, 12:39 AM
Quigleywins

Many thanks for the information RE: Lack of service RCM plans - 2/10/2013 1:22 AM N1EDM
I went onto the area and found the thread using this link. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11193025/tm.htm
i hope this works for the people that have the same problem but it sounds like they are the rip off ferm in the plan service,dam shame as there are so many good things on there sight, I know now not to look so as to avoid tempertation. Yours Paul T
Old 02-10-2013, 04:28 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

"tempertation",, love it

I must count myself lucky,, I bought two plan sets a couple years ago and everything went fine.

It truly is sad when folks try and support a reputable company and get hosed,, makes ya just want to buy for the ebay counterfeiters.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:45 AM
JL1
My Feedback: (93)

I had a delay with a set of plans so I called them and got things straigtened out. My discussion was with, what sounded like, an elderly woman and I got the impression she was trying hard but was behind in processing orders.
In any event, she was most helpfull and in a couple of weeks the plans showed up.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:43 PM
AwwNaww

I have done business with them several times in the last few years and the response was always quite slow and there was never a response to e-mail or an answer to my phone calls. However, I always got my order in say 8wks so I just went along with it. This last order my card was charged (well over $100) on 10 October 2012. I have no response to e-mails and they do not pick up the phone. Maybe, the person running the show died? Anyway you cut it, I seem to be out significant money. Good luck! A completely independent plans "service", the Air Age Store (MAN), has been as bad or worse. I wish someone would buy both of these operations out and run them like a viable business. If it sounds like I am getting a bit peeved, you're right.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Bladejunkie

AwwNaww I've been waiting for my Hooker plans almost as long as you(10/20/2012),and I've already got the kit.I could call my cc company,but I really want the plans.I wanted to build this winter,but winter has come and gone now.I guess I can wait till next winter now!!!Here's hoping we get our plans soon.

Later Jim.

PS I've used them before to and never had to wait this long.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:43 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

somebody should help the old lady
Old 02-26-2013, 03:24 AM
Quigleywins

Default RE: RCM plans service still open?

still going on this thread shows that it a real problem and by now should be out of work.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:31 PM
dloostler

Default RE: RCM Plans

I ordered plans on December 2012 and have not received them as of today. I try calling them and email them but I canot get them to answer anyone with any answers thanks Dale
Old 04-30-2013, 11:52 AM
STEVEB

Default RCM Plans - Again

Having looked into the site's archives I see that RCM Plans service has (had) a record of poor service. It would appear that history is again repeating itself. I have two orders (Dec 12 and Mar 13) that have been in processing since the orders were placed. Regadless of the media used to contact the folks, no answer has been forthcomming. At the risk of posting a statement that could be considered libel, RCM Plans is one step short of fraud. Anyone have current experience in breaking through their reluctance to communicate?

Steve Barnett
Arnold, MD
Old 04-30-2013, 11:57 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 262 Likes on 230 Posts
Default RE: RCM Plans - Again

They do appear to be slightly slower than a dead turtle nailed to a fence post.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:04 PM
STEVEB

I can vividly recall the many catfish heads afixed to fences while driving in and around Fort Sill. Never saw any turtle heads however. I spent 3 years flying with the Lawton Area Fun Flyers from a paved runway the fort's engineers left after an Army air defense training program ceased to be. Nice place if you didn't mind the ever present sound of freedom - AKA - field artillery, in the background.

Steve B
Old 04-30-2013, 04:04 PM
crashlander
My Feedback: (10)

I too have been waiting for someonew to return my calls and answer my e-mails since February this year.

Orlando
Old 04-30-2013, 04:20 PM
N1EDM

There is another RCM Plans thread where folks were reporting that some of the logjam had been lifted.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11488732

Maybe someone there complained too much, I dunno. The last several pages might provide some clues as to where/who/time to call....

Just a thought,

Bob
Old 04-30-2013, 07:13 PM
ARUP

What planset do you want? Maybe someone has it and will get a set for you.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:21 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 262 Likes on 230 Posts

ORIGINAL: STEVEB

I can vividly recall the many catfish heads afixed to fences while driving in and around Fort Sill.

Steve B
Nailing thr caitfish head to the fence post makes them easy to skin and filet. Catfish have skin not scales and if you are noodling they can be quite big!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:10 AM
STEVEB

Not too many fences by the river in WV where I used to fish so we just used the tree nearest the bank when we beached the canoe. Usually ran a trot line with chicken livers.

Steve
Old 06-24-2013, 02:35 PM
lgbfelt

I placed a RCM Plans order on April 25, 2013.  The order shows up on MY ACCOUNT on their website as PROCESSING AND SHIPPING and the VISA amount of $90.75 for three plan sets and one RCM cloth patch was charged on THE ORDER DATE.  Starting in late May 2013, I sent messages to them on their CONTACT US webpage.  I getting no reply return.  I have called their phone numbers about times since.  The phone rings but nobody answers.  Not even voice mail service.  WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO DO?  Does RCM Plans always eventually come through with the orders?  On the other hand, there is probably some time limit on your VISA agreement on filing a protest or complaint.  

LGBFELT AMA, IMAC, IMAA

(Giant Sportster and Ultra Sport 1000 Fan from Wyoming)

Old 06-29-2013, 09:37 PM
spyder62

When I first got my Merchant account to take credit cards one of the requirements was the card could not be charged until the item was ready to ship. So check with your credit card company and see what they say. rich
Old 07-01-2013, 06:38 AM
STEVEB

I too have been waiting a very long time and have done all the contact communication with no luck. I did a reverse search of the land line number, using the name and address that was shown for that number, to write a traditional letter. The letter came back as undeliverable with no known forwarding address. It was for a PO Box in Gold Beach Oregon under the name Marti Beck. I have e-mailed them one last time via the contact us address on the order's web site. If I don't hear from them by the end of the week (doubtful), I am comming back to RCU and makig the declarative statement that RCM Plans is a fraudulent web site and all should avoid it like the proverbial plague. Libel, slander and political correctness be damned but, I have been ripped off and I am willing to bluntly call it for what it is.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:26 PM
STEVEB

I gave RCM plans an additional week with no response whatsoever. RCM Plans is a fraudulent activity and should be avoided by all. To accept money and then promptly do nothing to fulfill thier half of the bargain is, in my mind, criminal fraud. If they are out of business, there are many fora RC'ers frequent that could carry this information. Or, e-mails to those who have outstanding orders that they cannot be fulfilled with some mention of attempted reimbursement or plans to do so, might be in order. Since none of this had been done, I have no qualms about calling RCM Plans a fraudulent activity.

Should someone know how to contact RCM Plans, your contact with them on behalf of the building community would be appreciated. If nothing else, to have RCM Plans acknowledge to the public their inability to fulfill their statutory obligations, would be nice.

Steve Barnett
Arnold, Maryland
Old 07-06-2013, 05:10 AM
N1EDM

Try reporting this through your local Attorney General's office. That's one of their jobs.

Just my $.02

Bob

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.