Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

PST GDT for TEMS

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

PST GDT for TEMS

Old 07-05-2013, 07:41 AM
ivesdo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PST GDT for TEMS

I have been looking for a Display Terminal for the older PST ECU. A 1300 that I acquired did not come with the GDT and it would appear that I cannot run the turbine without it. The ECU is the older TEMS unit that was OEM by GB Hobbies in South Africa. Does anyone have one that they would like to get rid of or does anyone have any guidance about this ? I have an post in the PST support section as well as an ad in the "wanted" section for Turbines. So far, only one response and no follow up with the support ad. PST wants over $600 to convert the turbine and that just doesn't seem to be worth the time and expense.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:01 PM
David Gladwin

Received 141 Likes on 90 Posts
Default RE: PST GDT for TEMS

I have several so can let you have one as I have converted one of my 1300s to xicoy. Say 75dollars inc post. The 1300 is an outstanding engine.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:08 AM
ivesdo
My Feedback: (1)

Dave, that sounds good. i appreciate your help. Let me know how to contact you and your prefered payment method....
Old 07-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Redline7000
My Feedback: (2)

David,
I have a PST600, how difficult is it coverting it to a Xicoy FADEC? Thanks.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:09 PM
David Gladwin

Received 141 Likes on 90 Posts

Doug, I have emailed you. You really can't operate the 1300 without the GSU.

Just got back from Wroughton today after another superb flying session, 28 degrees, sunny, with very light winds, , we just FLEW !

Today I flew my PST Revision with a PST 1300, and as the guys saw, it started and ran perfectly, as usual, for my 6 flights, its a really delightful engine, just SO reliable.

Redline: I have two PST 600s, incredibly reliable engines, (one has 300 flights logged, NEVER flamed out) but both run on TEMS ECUs. I have converted one of my 1300s to Xicoy. I ordered the ECU from PST and it came preprogrammed for the 1300. It worked perfectly with my 1300 and required no adjustments. I guess if you ordered a Xicoy for the 600 the same rules apply.

The Xicoy certainly gives MUCH quicker starts and I will probably convert my other PSTs to Xicoy in time, the ECU is much smaller and lighter too !

regards,

David.