Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

learning tx to turbine - throttle positions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

learning tx to turbine - throttle positions

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 12:51 AM
zaskarkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default learning tx to turbine - throttle positions

using slider as trim with futaba 12fg and p60se. throttle ch reversed. I think I have it correct. see photos.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54451.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1898275   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71937.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	1898276   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di11117.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1898277   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bv59623.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1898278  
Old 07-07-2013, 05:48 AM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: learning tx to turbine - throttle positions

this would work, but you would be better off using the "throttle Cut" mix that's built into the programing . You can assign it to any switch or slider. This way it only comes into play at low stick positions ( that you can also set )

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/12fg-manual.pdf

page 36 / 37

Voy
Old 07-07-2013, 06:09 AM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

edit .. remove duplicate post
Old 07-07-2013, 06:15 AM
ww2birds

Both methods work. Personally I also like to use the slider as throttle trim on the Futaba TXs.

I suppose Wojtek's method is "cleaner" .. but our group goes back + forth on each others' planes, some Futaba some JR so we like to set them up similarly (triple rate positions, flap switches, throttle trim etc) and this makes it work like it does on the JR (which I think is a very nice feature they have had for a long time).

Depending on the Jetcat's specific "preferences" you may or may not have to increase the range of the trim to get more "travel" as the slider moves .. it's on the trim menu.. The ECU will complain if there is not enough difference .. but it may be just fine so give it a go.

Dave

Old 07-07-2013, 09:02 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: zaskarkid

using slider as trim with futaba 12fg and p60se. throttle ch reversed. I think I have it correct. see photos.
Your pictures are not correct. Throttle trim has no affect on full throttle.

With Futaba there are many ways to deal with your throttle trim. You can assign it to a slider or dial. You can also crank up your trim resolution so it only takes 2 beeps to go from low to high trim.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:35 AM
ww2birds

Good catch, Quist.

I assumed (oops!) that the original poster had gone into the function menu and changed the throttle trim from T3 to LS, with trim mode ATL. The default setup is to have Throttle controlled by J3 (Futaba nomenclature for the left stick up/down motion) and trimmed by T3 (digital trim button), and trim mode ATL (which means it only impacts at low throttle and has no effect at high throttle).

To set up the slider as trim, I go into the trim menu (under the FUNCTION menu on the 14 and 18MZ), and change the trim for J3 to be LS (left slider) instead of T3 (digital button), leaving the trim mode as ATL.

For what it's worth, I have my trim rate set at -30%, which gives plenty of travel difference from "off" to "idle" to make ECUs happy. The negative percentage lets the trim slider work in the "normal" direction where engine off is slider down and engine running is silder up.

I suspect while not technically correct, the OP's settings would have worked ok, since there is no reason to move the trim slider during normal flight .. so the fact that it moved the throttle position at high throttle, while incorrect, would have been inconsequential.

Dave

Old 07-08-2013, 09:45 PM
zaskarkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good info. I had it under normal mode. In Atl mode and atl normal, the trim only affects the servo trim at min/low throttle positions. But not at full throttle.

Also, at midstick the slider does have full trim up/down affect, but I suppose this isn't important b/c slider will always be full up with turbine on.