Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

redcat racing vortex ss

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 10:30 PM
dmesa99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default redcat racing vortex ss

hello i am new to the hobby grade of rc cars and i am looking to get the redcat racing vortex ss nitro short course truck a couple questions i have are is this car waterproof and is a price of $190.00 reasonable

Old 07-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Shady9503

Default RE: redcat racing vortex ss

Not waterproof, although you can waterproof it yourself with some work, also 190$ is a good price as redcat lists it at 239$, i say go for it but if you are a beginner please research nitro and proper procedures, ive seen many give up on this hobby just because of simple little errors that cause frustration and could easily be avoided, you'll make mistakes but learn from them! this is a great hobby
Old 07-07-2013, 07:56 AM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: redcat racing vortex ss

Yes, it's a good value for the price. By that I mean for $200 it's hard to find a nitro anything brand new rtr. The mistake would be trying to compare your new Redcat to a $400 model by another manufacturer. There is a learning curve to begin with in this hobby. As Shady suggested, do your homework or it will end quickly in disaster know matter which manufacturer you choose. Redcat models typically require a little more patience on the front end, meaning due to the low price the assembly from the factory is typically somewhat lacking. This is not a major hurdle, but most of us have factored in tech time before you attempt your first break in or run. What this means is checking every screw, nut and bolt for tightness and correct adjustment. I've had models that have needed nothing right out of the box, others I've completely disassembled and put back together before I ran them. If you like to tinker on things, you'll love this hobby as it will require lots of it. If you want to just run it and are not really interested in how it works, you'll be in for a rude awakening. Also I would suggest that if you know yourself to be mechanically did functional, nitro cars would not be the way to go. Don't misunderstand me, nitro engines don't require you to be a rocket scientist to work on them, but if your the kind of guy that wouldn't change the spark plug in your lawn mower before you cart it off to the repair shop, nitro would be a mistake.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Stevo585

I have one these. Been through hell and back with it. Water, mud, sand, etc. Have replaced some parts along the way. Dog bones fly out when bashing, adjust everything after you run a couple times. I replaced wheels with traxxas bf goodrich beadlock style. starts up like a champ. Runs Better than my 1/8 scale redcat earthquake.