Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

ATTN D7 Pilots-Your District Needs You

Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

ATTN D7 Pilots-Your District Needs You

Old 07-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATTN D7 Pilots-Your District Needs You

Guys this is serious, and we don't have much time. The 2013 Nats is upon us, and before you know it, next years Nats will be just around the corner. As most of you know California has been divided into 3 pattern entities for many years. We have the North, the South, and the Kimbros. lol Just kidding, I am just not sure which side there on.

Anyhow a rare shift in the force has occured and I do believe for the sake of the Nationals all differences will be put aside for the month of July from now on. That being said we are all going to go as one entity to show everyone just how strong pattern is in our district. Now in order for this to be a unified effort of course we will need a cool, catchie, team name, for the new shirts Mr Bruml is going to make up for us all first thing Mon. morning.

At this point, I am sure a bunch of you guys are thinking "Not my problem, I am not going this year" and that may be true but I know for a fact there is a huge contingent already making plans for next year. S. Lambert, B. Vaughn, Mike and Jean, Jarvis, Jerry, Lynn, Jamie, S. Hannah,. Sean M and so on, so this desision should be one you guys are all interested in as well.

Here is the basic criteria and what all the name must take into account. District 7, West Coast, and pattern flyers. I know some of you guys are great at this type of thing so chime in and lets make it happen. Of course history always repeats itself and it was just 30 years ago almost to the day that district 7 was the pattern hotbed of the time and home of the original pattern animals.

That was a great time to be a part of pattern flying in our district just like now is, and I believe, will be, for many Nats to come. This is going to be a group to be reckoned with, so I really hope you guys come up with a name that fits.

Please feel free to chime lets get this going time is running out fast.

Thanks Guys

C

BTW the Arvin field will be opened to all Pattern flyers going to the nats next weekend for one last practice and coaching session. The Nor Cal guys will be down Friday evening I do believe with Sat. as the primary fly day. I know its getting warm outside but with the misters going and nice grass all around its really quite bearable. Every is welcome
Old 07-07-2013, 09:43 AM
jarvis johnson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ATTN D7 Pilots-Your District Needs You

Yes Chip
I do plan on going next year, so I'm in. and Lynn also, so I'll glad to help come up with something. An for those that are going this year best of luck, I know that you guy's will do
a great job. also Chip, lets not forget about our friends to the east of us, in Arizona. that may be going.

Best of Luck Guy's
Old 07-07-2013, 11:55 AM
rene69

Hey Chip, you should resurrect the old "Pattern Animals" shirt that we had back in the 80's. It was red and look really good.

Rene
Old 07-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Passport1

You know Rene I think I am going to run that by the guys
Old 07-07-2013, 06:44 PM
jon bruml

We can have a great D7 shirt and logo ready to storm into the NATS
If anyone has an image or picture of the old PATTERN ANIMAL graphic we could use it as a start point
The sooner the better

Thanks
Old 07-07-2013, 08:06 PM
jarvis johnson
My Feedback: (15)

Hey Rene
Me and Bill Sheets, were just talking about you today, we went out to Pardo today, to get in some flying. Are you going to the Nat's this year?, if so good luck

Jarvis
Old 07-08-2013, 08:45 AM
Surefire
My Feedback: (1)

Amen! It's D7 Nats pattern animals heading for Muncie! Let's get some shirt ideas. One thing we thought of was to use the Grizzly Bear from the CA state flag.

D7 Rocks!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:10 PM
rene69

Hi Jarvis,
Yes I'm going to the Nats with a couple of people from Louisiana. They fly Intermediate, do not want to take competition with me!!!!!!
Are you guys going?

Rene
Old 07-08-2013, 01:18 PM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

Putting the California flag on the "D-7 Nats Shirts" should really go a long way to boosting sales in Nevada, Utah, Hawaii and Arizona.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:44 PM
pvogel

Not talking about the flag, just the bear, and presumably more ferocious looking than the CA Flag bear, maybe like last year's D7 Championship bear?

Alternatively, how about:

D7 pilots, we got the Fever, and the only cure is more Pattern!
Logo could be a pattern plane with an electrical cord and a fuel line wrapping around it, a play on this symbol:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KT_F6GpWu6...252525255D.jpg

Peter+
Old 07-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Passport1

Good thoughts keep them coming. Here is what John just sent over. I think it needs claws but a good start. NSRCA Logo could maybe go on one sleeve and then the D7 States down the other. Definitely some kind of logo like Peter mentioned and a catch phrase on the back. Not sure if its possible but may have a kind of trail of destruction behind the animal with plane and heli reminents along the way.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59449.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	1898750  
Old 07-08-2013, 07:46 PM
pvogel

Nice! The GeeBee should be replaced by a pattern plane (or an IMAC plane ;-)

Peter+
Old 07-08-2013, 07:51 PM
KLXMASTER14

FWIW I think the bear graphic from the pattern bash could be easily adapted, and says "D7 kicks ***** and takes names later".
-Robert
Old 07-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Passport1

ORIGINAL: KLXMASTER14

FWIW I think the bear graphic from the pattern bash could be easily adapted, and says ''D7 kicks ***** and takes names later''.
-Robert
Never thought of that about the bear good idea. Also Peter I agree with you I was just thinking the planes that are in his wake need to be a Extra 300 and a helicopter or some things along those lines. Maybe have the bearcat flying overhead and then have the eyes looking up in that direction. lol John is watching so lets see what he comes up with.

Chip
Old 07-08-2013, 08:01 PM
pvogel

D7: We came to kick ass and chew gum...and we're all out of gum!
Old 07-08-2013, 08:18 PM
KLXMASTER14

We are out of something, but the bottom line is that we are going to hand you your *****.

BTW, I am adding my name to the list for 2014. Jennifer will be behind me calling so it does not get much better than that.

- Robert
Old 07-09-2013, 08:10 AM
slampert
My Feedback: (7)

Good stuff guys. See attached. A D-7 friendly version of this should be easy to create....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Rp42507.pdf (22.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 07-09-2013, 03:17 PM
jon bruml

my art dept is going crazy with this....
so we are keeping the art we have shown, added, claws, putting an imac plane and heli in the debris field
plus adding some other of chips thoughts. Should have a graphic to show tomorrow
chip has suggested we customize the front of the shirts with a state flag. This MAY be accomplished but we will need a head count by state by friday
Old 07-09-2013, 05:32 PM
OhD

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The perfect words for the logo:

Libido Dominandi

(Lust to dominate)

Jim O
Old 07-10-2013, 01:55 AM
Passport1

Ahhhhhh Jim a man of few words but always well thought out. I have just been thinking that we all owe John a big shout out for the work he and his team do for all of us on these shirts. This latest one is going to be a compilation of ideas from many of us and all I have been is the messenger. This shirt is going to be kick ***** imo and will hopefully tell a little story about what flying pattern means to all of us. I won't go into detail since John has said he should have it all in place for us to see tomorrow but I did volunteer to try and get him a head count and sizes if anyone not going to the nats would like to have one. I believe they are going to sell for $15.00 a piece and we are going to use the states in our district on the shirts to show where each of you come from. I thought that might be kind of a cool way show where we are from and gives people an idea of just how far we travel to do this stuff.

Just a thought. Once the artwork is done John will need to print the shirts right away so if any of you would like one just let me know the size and which state and we will get them made up and brought to the next contest. We already know all the guys from CA that are going to the nats so this is primarlily for those that cannot make it this year but would like to have a cool shirt that trust me will be noticed by the masses regardless of you where it at.

Let me know asap.

C
Old 07-10-2013, 01:56 AM
Passport1

Ahhhhhh Jim a man of few words but always well thought out. I have just been thinking that we all owe John a big shout out for the work he and his team do for all of us on these shirts. This latest one is going to be a compilation of ideas from many of us and all I have been is the messenger. This shirt is going to be kick ***** imo and will hopefully tell a little story about what flying pattern means to all of us. I won't go into detail since John has said he should have it all in place for us to see tomorrow but I did volunteer to try and get him a head count and sizes if anyone not going to the nats would like to have one. I believe they are going to sell for $15.00 a piece and we are going to use the states in our district on the shirts to show where each of you come from. I thought that might be kind of a cool way show where we are from and gives people an idea of just how far we travel to do this stuff.

Just a thought. Once the artwork is done John will need to print the shirts right away so if any of you would like one just let me know the size and which state and we will get them made up and brought to the next contest. We already know all the guys from CA that are going to the nats so this is primarlily for those that cannot make it this year but would like to have a cool shirt that trust me will be noticed by the masses regardless of you where it at.

Let me know asap.

C
Old 07-10-2013, 07:31 AM
pvogel

I'd like one! We'll see about nats next year!

Edit: whoops, you need my size, I prefer XL.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Passport1

Here it is the front tomorrow
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79760.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1899300  
Old 07-11-2013, 08:04 AM
KLXMASTER14

Chip,
Two for me please. One large and one XL.
Thank you for your energy spear heading this.
-Robert
Old 07-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Passport1

Ok I have all the pms and as well as the ones on here forwarded to John B. Thanks Everyone