Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

HOTLANTA SPA - July 20th-21st

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 11:01 AM
eness76-RCU
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOTLANTA SPA - July 20th-21st

Come on out and join us for some Vintage Pattern flying in the Atlanta area on the weekend of July 20th-21st. Veteran CD Dan Dougherty promises a good time will be had by all, and the Douglasville Club is ready and excited to host their first SPA contest at their beautiful flying site. If you're an old pro or are interested in flying your first contest, we have a class for you and a group of guys that can't be beat. Hope to see you there!

Preregister & See Who's Coming: http://www.seniorpattern.com/contests.htm

Old 06-27-2013, 11:36 AM
britcardoc

Default RE: HOTLANTA SPA - July 20th-21st

Come one, come all. Everyone welcome. Come practice Friday and fly all weekend. World Intruder ARF is the first raffle prize. More to come. Food at the field. Put a muffler on your CPA plane and come fly with us. Bring a youth or newcomer to fly in Beginner Novice. Everyone welcome. Awards to 5th place in all 5 classes.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:51 AM
Bruce Underwood

Looking forward to it. CD Dan Dougherty ran a fine contest in June at Hodges, the Cass Underwood Memorial. This event should be
just like the traditional HOTLANTA meets of the past. Mickey Walker, our Founder Emetitus emailed me saying he was going to come
to this event and visit with many old friends and meet new ones.

Come on and give SPA Precision aerobatics a whirl, it'll make a better RC pilot of you, plus you'll meet many folks with like interests.

See you at Douglasville, GA (suburb of Atlanta).

Need info on it...........contact CD Dan Dougherty at 404-444-2161 or email at:

[email protected]

Best to all,
Bruce Underwood SPA L15
Guntersville, AL 35976
[email protected]
Old 06-27-2013, 01:25 PM
dphill2
My Feedback: (1)

Britcardock !

I'll do you one better, all you SPA guys come and fly with us this weekend @ Hodges Field And you don't have to change anything.
All SPA planes are Classic Pattern Airplanes, and All are legal to fly in Classic Pattern Association !!

Dave Phillips CD
CPA 31
SPA 373
Old 06-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Jim Johns

ORIGINAL: dphill2

Britcardock !

I'll do you one better, all you SPA guys come and fly with us this weekend @ Hodges Field And you don't have to change anything.
All SPA planes are Classic Pattern Airplanes, and All are legal to fly in Classic Pattern Association !!

Dave Phillips CD
CPA 31
SPA 373
Dave,

I'm having a ball flying SPA this year, but boy are the old thumbs rusty. I'd love to come down for your contest, but consecutive weekend trips to south Georgia aren't in the budget this year. I'm still working to replace the ancient Goldberg retract servo in the XLT/Escape that finally gave up the ghost. It's smaller than most retract servos, so it's a bit of a problem.

Best of luck with the CPA contest. I hope to make the Huntsville BPA meet.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:25 PM
eness76-RCU

preregistration is already up to 12 fliers 2 weeks out, shaping up to be a good one!
Old 07-15-2013, 06:29 AM
eness76-RCU

Pre-registration is up to 20 fliers, hope to see you all in Hotlanta for what's shaping up to be another great weekend of fun and flying!