Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

ESC will not work

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 11:57 AM
skystreaker1a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC will not work

I had an older Futaba radio that I converted to 2.4 with a FrSky 2.4 module paired up to a FrSky 8 channel receiver all installed in an electric plane. Every thing in the plane worked fine. I than bought a Futaba 8 FG SUPER with a Futaba R617FS receiver and installed the R617FS into the electric plane with the radio set on 7 channel. All the surfaces work except channel 3 throttle. When I move the throttle stick forward, nothing! I've tried reversing the channel and still nothing. The plane by the way is the Flyzone DHC-2 Beaver. When I reinstall the FrSky radio and receiver, everything works fine. I also tried a Futaba R6208SB receiver under multi channel and still nothing. I'm sure something is not set right in the radio,but I can not for the life of me figure it out. Could someone please steer me in the right direction. Thanks
Old 07-09-2013, 12:06 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ESC will not work

Try plugging in the elevators to channel 3 with the Super and see if the throttle stick moves the elevator servo then you will know if channel 3 is working. Put all back as it should be and then check the end point settings on the throttle channel and make sure they are at 100%, Make sure subtrim is zero and make sure normal throttle trim is all the way down and see if the motor will arm with the throttle in low position. If not, unplug everything, move the throttle stick to high, turn on and plug in and see if the motor arms. If it does arm with the throttle high then the channel direction is reversed.
Make sure you do this with the prop removed.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:10 PM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup. The throttle is reversed.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:17 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: skystreaker1a I had an older Futaba radio that I converted to 2.4 with a FrSky 2.4 module paired up to a FrSky 8 channel receiver all installed in an electric plane. Every thing in the plane worked fine.
I than bought a Futaba 8 FG SUPER with a Futaba R617FS receiver and installed the R617FS into the electric plane with the radio set on 7 channel.
All the surfaces work except channel 3 throttle. When I move the throttle stick forward, nothing! I've tried reversing the channel and still nothing.
The plane by the way is the Flyzone DHC-2 Beaver.
When I reinstall the FrSky radio and receiver, everything works fine.
I also tried a Futaba R6208SB receiver under multi channel and still nothing.
I'm sure something is not set right in the radio,but I can not for the life of me figure it out.
Could someone please steer me in the right direction. Thanks
As with all computerised transmitters and just about every non computerised transmitter,
the throttle trim must be reduced below 80% to allow the ESC to arm, full explanation under;

EPA, ATV, Dual & Triple Rates, Expo Differences & Caution includes ESC / BEC Set Up.

Much more information available under sub sections
"ESC & BEC - Setup to prevent majority of all RF Problems, Brownouts & Crashes"
"Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - Causes and Cures"
below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.