Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Scale Racing
Reload this Page >

Results for the Pylonpalooza Race

Community
Search
Notices
Scale Racing Discuss all aspects of semi-scale pylon racing.

Results for the Pylonpalooza Race

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Results for the Pylonpalooza Race

ORIGINAL: pjakew

Oh [salsa] itsa comin!
That's what you say, Jake . . . but all I ever see is an empty container. So, I'm beginning to think this sublime salsa is all a hoax . . . hooey.

So, either Jake's playin' me & actually needs to make some of this "phantom salsa", for real this time;

OR

Stop sneakin' off with all the salsa, Speed! . . . youslippery"Salsa Bandito!"

Old 07-08-2013, 04:57 PM
PLANEBENDER
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have we got a PA system for the event? Not a race without "Big Joe" on the mic.

Speed, you bringing a big plane to fly Sat night?

Best of luck to everyone!!!

Dave
Old 07-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Trashman88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes we do and we are also working on a backup system so joe does not have to skip a beat in his great announcing in case of any system failure. we will have all ends covered. Thanks to the help of alot of people, this race is ready to go!!!!! see you all at the finish line as you are crossing it after me. :-)
Old 07-08-2013, 07:50 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Dave, I have a full truckload of family so I have to leave the fun airplane at home. Been covering the wing and I am so dissapointed in both Ultracote and Monokote. The stuff just does not stick like it used to. From now on everything I build is getting painted.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:10 AM
Iron Dog

ORIGINAL: speedracerntrixie

Been covering the wing and I am so dissapointed in both Ultracote and Monokote. The stuff just does not stick like it used to. From now on everything I build is getting painted.
I gave up on both long ago. The only iron-on covering I'll use on anything subtantial is Solartex.

Let's face it, when someone as s-l-o-w-w-w as Leadbutt manages to fly the plastic covering off of yet another plane, like he did on Sunday's maiden, you know the quality of that stuff has to be pretty suspect!

Old 07-09-2013, 01:27 PM
PLANEBENDER
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave, I have a full truckload of family so I have to leave the fun airplane at home. Been covering the wing and I am so dissapointed in both Ultracote and Monokote. The stuff just does not stick like it used to. From now on everything I build is getting painted.
We went through the same thing with Monocoat. First thing you need to do is order it direct! The newest stuff is back to being just great. I know as we have prolly gone through 20 rolls of True red. RC Countrys stock is almost all the fresh stuff. Be careful going to the Ma and Paw hobby shops that don't move a lot of covering. Also if you can find old unopened rolls at swap meets that works good too.

Dave
Old 07-09-2013, 04:10 PM
joedonkey

I'm ready to tear up the air waves, very happy with news of a better system! !! I've also now gonna be an annoucer for Shifter Kart racing aswell!!! So make sure all you C.Ds book your dates with me... My schedule is filling up fast!!! Don't worry J.r ill be there for the trash man classic!!!
Old 07-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Iron Dog

You didn't forget about me on August 4th, did you, Joe?

Ollie
Old 07-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Iron Dog

ORIGINAL: Casey Leadfoot Smith

Ya, and you guys will be well behind me .
We both will be lapping you. You are slooooooww.
The only way I see you two successfully accomplishing "lapping"anyone is if you stick out your tongues and each take a Big 'Ol Lick!
Old 07-10-2013, 02:38 PM
joedonkey

No Ollie, I didn't forget ya... I always show up when alcohol is involved
Old 07-10-2013, 05:59 PM
speedracerntrixie

Well I guess I'm in. This is where I am now. Just waiting for some engine parts that should be here tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89240.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	1899295   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63817.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	1899296  
Old 07-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Iron Dog

So good to see the "Mach-i 5" again, Speed! Well done.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:16 PM
speedracerntrixie

Well now for the bad news. the new piston and sleeve showed up. Too bad they sent parts for a car .21. He is sending the correct parts out tomorrow. I'm going to hold my breath that they get here Sat. I'm eyeballing one of Joe's OS 55s but it's going to take considerable hacking to the cowl and then would look like crap when the Rossi goes back in. Maybe I'll just bring my IMAC airplane for Sat nite and cheer the Trashman on.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Iron Dog

Well now for the bad news. the new piston and sleeve showed up. Too bad they sent parts for a car .21. He is sending the correct parts out tomorrow. I'm going to hold my breath that they get here Sat. I'm eyeballing one of Joe's OS 55s but it's going to take considerable hacking to the cowl and then would look like crap when the Rossi goes back in. Maybe I'll just bring my IMAC airplane for Sat nite and cheer the Trashman on.
On some of your planes you've used the rear exhaust set-up, but I am unsure on this one. You're welcome to my YS 45 Rear Exhaust if you think it will do. I've even got a Macs tuned pipe and mount kit for it. (Not that I've ever used it on the pipe. The pipe and mount kit are still in the packaging.) Jeff Weiss raced Gold one year with a Wing Manufacturing Macchi, using this set-up, way back in the day. I think this setup should readily be Silver-capable?

Old 07-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Trashman88

That really sucks Speed!!!! Heck, they should send it over night for you since they messed up. I have my fingers crossed that it shows up and I hope you can race!!!!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:22 AM
joedonkey

Run the 55 speed
Old 07-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now you are playing in to Trashman's game. That is exactly what he wants. You must compete. Come up on Friday night and we can shoe horn a YS 70 into that beast. I've got a couple to choose from and then we just have to figure out what fuel is needed to put the hurt on Trashman's plans.

Skids
Old 07-11-2013, 05:06 PM
speedracerntrixie

If all I wanted to do was beat Trashman I would throw in a rubber band and be done with it LOL. I'm going to wait it out. The correct parts should be here on Sat. Mail shows up around 4:00 so if the package shows I can be doing some test runs by 6:00. If all that goes well we will be on the road by 8:00. Cross your fingers for me fellas!. Thanks guys for the offers and support. I just can't bring myself to butcher up the cowl.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Jason V
My Feedback: (25)

I hope you make it .But it would be faster with a YS!!!!!!! 70 lol
Old 07-14-2013, 06:14 PM
joedonkey

Ok sports fans.... I have decided I will announce the next 2 races, Ollie's and Trashmans ... I'll finish out this season.... Notice I said THIS SEASON! ! I agreed to it already and wouldnt be right to back out... I do it cause its fun, but this year it ain't been real fun... more of a pain in the but!!! Some peoples attitudes need to be checked... I read what's on the sheet.. if you don't like where you finish try harder ... add nitro, practice more do what ever you have to to become better... I'm not a member of any club and i never will be ... I have no reason to be out there in the sun all day loosing my voice and killing my knees!!! I always take the monday off work just to recoup because I get so worn out after a race!!! I've been announcing for 5 years now on a regular basis. .. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing!!! The next person that complains is going to be handed the mic and we will see how well they do it!! And believe me I will point out every MISTAKE made!!! That is all....
Old 07-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

ORIGINAL: joedonkey

Ok sports fans.... I have decided I will announce the next 2 races, Ollie's and Trashmans ... I'll finish out this season.... Notice I said THIS SEASON! ! I agreed to it already and wouldnt be right to back out... I do it cause its fun, but this year it ain't been real fun... more of a pain in the but!!! Some peoples attitudes need to be checked... I read what's on the sheet.. if you don't like where you finish try harder ... add nitro, practice more do what ever you have to to become better... I'm not a member of any club and i never will be ... I have no reason to be out there in the sun all day loosing my voice and killing my knees!!! I always take the monday off work just to recoup because I get so worn out after a race!!! I've been announcing for 5 years now on a regular basis. .. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing!!! The next person that complains is going to be handed the mic and we will see how well they do it!! And believe me I will point out every MISTAKE made!!! That is all....
Joe, I really hope you reconsider your decision. I know there are a bunch of us who hope you reconsider as well. The sound of the races would never be the same. I hope you can sit down and calm down a little bit. These racers are told specificly at the begining of the race in the pilots meeting to not approach any workers at any time. They know all problems go directly to the CD. Nobody should have made any complaint to you about the race, period. Ollie and I discussed your situation last night and tried to figure out a solution to the problem. Ollie is the CD of the next race so he has final decision on how to handle racers that can't follow the rules. I know he is capable of making the tough decisions. Like I said though, we hope you would reconsider. It wouldn't be the same without you.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Casey Leadfoot Smith

ORIGINAL: Iron Dog

ORIGINAL: Casey Leadfoot Smith

Ya, and you guys will be well behind me .
We both will be lapping you. You are slooooooww.
The only way I see you two successfully accomplishing ''lapping'' anyone is if you stick out your tongues and each take a Big 'Ol Lick! [img][/img]
Guess I ended up lapping my own wounds. After not racing for a year I came back and thought I flew good but my motor must have been mad at me. I couldn't get it to run correctly to keep up with everybody. Oh well, I came home with my plane which was good enough for me!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:22 AM
Iron Dog

So good to have you back in the mix, Casey! You flew great. No one would have known you'd been out of it for nearly a year.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:19 AM
carider67

Joe, like the other guys said, I hope you reconsider, I know I enjoy hearing you! Truth be told, it was a very weird vibe at Sundays race - I don't know if it was the heat, cabin (shade structure) fever, or what. But for me to walk around the pits and see so many pi*^ed off people, I didn't feel as though many people were having fun. This is exactly how I felt in the very late 1990's - early 2000's when there were some VERY strong personalitys - just a few - ruining it for everybody. That's when I stopped racing, I thought, for a year.... Which turned into about 12 years! I came back specifically when I was diagnosed with Stage III Bone Cancer, because I remember all the fun I had and all the friendships I had built...... Comradery, I think they call it. Lets all settle down, come to the next race, and have some fun! My life is like a Country Song right now - lost the Fiancee', lost most visitation of 10 week old twins, AND my new to me Ford F-150 Pickup!!! ***? I did keep the dog, and I'm rebuilding. The people that race constantly at SAM's are like a bunch of Married couples - you have to WORK HARD to keep it going. I love everybody out there, and as long as I'm happy on the way home, it's all good! I noticed a LOT of attrition this time around, so lets all get building and enjoy our Hobby!!! The alternitive is golf
Thanks for listening,
Chris Arens ps - thanks to Jimmy for the 225 servo you lent me, that was special because it came from the V-Man, as did my retract servo. Hopefully his tribute plane will be finished soon, I want everybody to sign it, after we fly it for a lap or two for a "moment of silence". Then, it will hopefully hang in RC Country for all to remember and enjoy.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:20 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

I'll just say a few quick things here...

First is a big thank you to the people that volunteer out there, like has been said many times before if it wasn't for you we wouldn't be racing.

Second is a big thanks to JR for putting on the race. Seems like every race this year all I see is that guy running around taking care of business and still trying to race himself. I know he's lost a few planes this year so I'm sure it probably has been borderline at best on a fun/work ratio for him. So thanks JR!

Third is the last race was brutal. Seemed like we lost a lot of planes in the first round for one reason or another, kind of setting the mood for a lot of guys that it was going to be a crappy day. That combined with the heat probably set the stage for some people getting a little hotter (pun intended) than what they maybe would have. It's obviously competitive out there, the competitiveness is what makes it FUN! The competitiveness also drives egos, and tempers, and in just a split second people forget that its our friends out there we're racing against and our friends that are volunteering their time so that we all can race. The same thing happens in kids sports, one bad call by a volunteer coach or a volunteer ref and before you know it people forget it's all about fun and the people taking the heat are VOLUNTEERS, and probably our friends.

I and obviously all of you love the racing or we wouldn't keep coming back. Hopefully the next race we can all remember to have fun, and try not to take it so seriously.

Lastly, Joe I hope you keep announcing, you have a talent not many of us have and you really add to the whole experience. I can fly a model airplane, I can't announce a race, well I could but it would be hideous.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.