Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Scale Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Rhom-air to electric conversion TF Spitfire

Notices
RC Scale Aircraft Discuss rc scale aircraft here (for giant scale see category above)

Rhom-air to electric conversion TF Spitfire

Old 07-09-2013, 01:45 PM
4u2nv-RCU
My Feedback: (28)

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Rhom-air to electric conversion TF Spitfire

I have aquired and 60 size top Flite Spitfire built from a kit. It has Rhom air retracts in it and I would rather replace them with electric retracts. Which brand and what degree rotation do I need to replace the Spits retracts. Is it worth the effort to replace the air retracts? Thanks for any help.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:44 PM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Rhom-air to electric conversion TF Spitfire

I can't be a lot of help but perhaps I can be of some... try looking into Lado electric retracts. I have a set but have only run them on the bench so far. They're realistic/slow to extend and retract. They look fairly rugged and if they happen to stall, they automatically shut down so as not to drain the battery. I think I paid about $200 for the set of two for my TF Mustang (whenever I get around to building it).

If you do use the Lado's, measure the retract pocket first to make sure that the Lado's will fit. I think I might have to modify/widen my Mustang pockets a little bit to make them fit but I could be wrong about that. I have seen other retracts by major manufacturers but they seem to be a bit more expensive than what I paid for the Lado's.

Just my $.02

Bob
Old 07-09-2013, 04:55 PM
TFF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rhom Air and Top Flite Spit s an odd combo; sure its not a Dave Platt/Pica?
Old 07-09-2013, 06:22 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was thinking the same as TFF. Rhom Air has been gone for quite some time, but they could be an old set that were installed. As for Electric retracts, the Eflite 60 to 90 set are also an option for you. Good Luck, Dave
Old 07-13-2013, 01:54 PM
4u2nv-RCU
My Feedback: (28)

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

You guys were right. They are Robart gear and actualle work quite well. A little fast but solid up and down lock. I will be leaving them alone and fly her as she sits!!