Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Old 07-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Ddaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part IV

Happened to me too.  btw, lemon juice makes good flux
Old 07-08-2013, 08:40 PM
ingleburn

Thanks for the tip guys, yeah that was my first thought as well but after resoldering the motor wires and putting a new battery plug on the ESC it still glitched on a test flight out the front.
Cant trust flying it like that so my only other thought was maybe the ESC was damaged in the crash.
After the crash one of the servos were going crazy so maybe this overloaded the ESC and burnt something out.
Havent got a spare to test unless I pull one from the pro which isnt going to happen so might order a new one from HK.
Why oh why did I ever decide to get this this back in the air.

Got the new flat bottomed case for the #16 just now so will get that back and running and the BL motor is here as well so plenty to keep me occupied for the rest of the day.
Ordered the new case 2 days before the Mobius so that should be getting close as well.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Ddaddy

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

so might order a new one from HK.
YEP

Old 07-08-2013, 10:37 PM
ingleburn

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

so might order a new one from HK.
YEP

Yep that was my first choicebut programming cards are out of stock. Might have to be a Plush again.

Mcpx is back in the air and #16 is working again.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:20 AM
ahamay

Don't ask how I ended up here...but these guys have some nice fpv vids. The one of the Costa Concordia is interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nastycop420/videos

Old 07-09-2013, 07:51 AM
mnemennth

That's okay Jonesy; you're allowed to like sheep. We won't tell anyone.

mnem
I like butterflies.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:07 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

I wish they had plus here cause I would gladly pay my 50 and say get the F*** back on topic, whatever that used to be.[img][/img]

Thinking about selling my Pros and buying some well engineered V911's. V913's and V959's. [img][/img]
Come on over to the toy side; we have cookies.

Oh, and I found BF's post re: RCG Plus, no thanks to youzz guyzz.

Wow. Really. Well, I've said repeatedly that RCG is DoucheTown. Now it's just official. Guess I'll hang out here and at HF a little more now.
mnem
*ToyMeister*
So how DID you find our little, wonderful corner of the web?

b
Old 07-09-2013, 10:43 AM
rikybob

ORIGINAL: ahamay

Don't ask how I ended up here...but these guys have some nice fpv vids. The one of the Costa Concordia is interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nastycop420/videos

Great find....so, uh, how'd you come across this?

b
Old 07-09-2013, 12:19 PM
rikybob

Well, the US stuff from HK came in today. Spare Q450 frames along with motors, the 4X ESC and 4 batteries!

Now the wait from over seas!

I've been lucky for it generally only takes two weeks for me goodies to arrive!

In the mean time I ordered a bunch of male/male Tx/FC board connectors (I'm spoiled in that they USUALLY come with the "gyro") and a [link=http://www.9xrprogrammer.com/index.php/shop/11-programming-bundle]9XR programming[/link] interface so's I can flash the KK2 to the newest and bestust!

I've been watching this guys AMAZING series in that not only is it informative but he is the actual "antithesis" of me. Not a word spoken but his viddys speak volumes!!

Really, really good stuff!

In the mean time I reckon I'll just rub on me new parts and pieces!

b
Old 07-09-2013, 01:45 PM
mnemennth

ORIGINAL: rikybob

I wish they had plus here cause I would gladly pay my 50 and say get the F*** back on topic, whatever that used to be.[img][/img]

Thinking about selling my Pros and buying some well engineeredV911's. V913's and V959's. [img][/img]

Oh, and I found BF's post re: RCGPlus, no thanks to youzz guyzz.

Wow. Really. Well, I've said repeatedly that RCG is DoucheTown. Now it's just official. Guess I'll hang out here and at HF a little more now.
mnem
*ToyMeister*

b
Brian -

Randomly. Well, random Google search while looking for a manual for my "HK-450GT"... the rest is hizstory. So yes, you need to firebomb them, not RCU in retaliation.

BTW - installing the drivers for the USBasp can be a bit tricky; it is easier if you have an XP machine to use. You still have to update a couple files manually; PM me when you're ready & I'll be glad to help you through it.

mnem
*PreProgrammed*
Old 07-09-2013, 02:12 PM
rikybob

Thinking about selling my Pros and buying some well engineered V911's. V913's and V959's. [img][/img]

Oh, and I found BF's post re: RCG Plus, no thanks to youzz guyzz.

mnem
*ToyMeister*

b
Brian -

Randomly. Well, random Google search while looking for a manual for my ''HK-450GT''... the rest is hizstory. So yes, you need to firebomb them, not RCU in retaliation.

BTW - installing the drivers for the USBasp can be a bit tricky; it is easier if you have an XP machine to use. You still have to update a couple files manually; PM me when you're ready & I'll be glad to help you through it.

mnem
*PreProgrammed*

Interesting!

I'll have a talk with RCU and their poor "filtering"!

I'll keep up with re drivers as I have a Vista machine!

I found [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moz97g4xTHY]THIS[/link] re: update. Does it about sum it up?

Cheers!

b

Old 07-09-2013, 04:20 PM
mnemennth

Brian -

As long as you don't have any other RS-232 devices on your Vista box, that should EXACTLYwork.

Be mindful... flashing your firmware is the LEAST of the things you can do with this interface; pretty much all your MFCs use the USBasp or similar adapter to actually configure the controller, and many of the GUIs that have been devised for popular controllers are way more powerful than the menus in the KK2.0.

The KK2.0 doesn't even NEED the LCD; it's just there to help people overcome the initial
"AAAAAAAAAAH!!! SERIALCOMMUNICATION!!!FLASHINGFIRMWARE!!!ARMAGEDDD ON!!!" heebie-jeebies. Once you see what you can do with the USBasp interface, you'll probably only use the LCD to do occasional tweaks in the field anyways. Of course, it can be taken off; fortunately, HK made that part easy.

And my solution to the flopsy LCD was horribly low-tech, I'm afraid; after finding that the only thing actually holding the whole LCD and backlight thing ON the board was 2 solder joints and a strip of servo tape, getting crazy with making brackets seemed absurd, so I just hot-glued the tarhooties out of it. I found I had to run a careful bead across the entire top there where the black stripe is; that is silicone, so the hot glues wasn't interested in sticking. That, plus a thin strip across the top edge, and a gob on each of the feet on the backlight right at the PCB. When you see yours, you'll understand.

mnem
Are you serial?
Old 07-09-2013, 05:17 PM
rikybob

Brian -

As long as you don't have any other RS-232 devices on your Vista box, that should EXACTLY work.

Be mindful... flashing your firmware is the LEAST of the things you can do with this interface; pretty much all your MFCs use the USBasp or similar adapter to actually configure the controller, and many of the GUIs that have been devised for popular controllers are way more powerful than the menus in the KK2.0.

The KK2.0 doesn't even NEED the LCD; it's just there to help people overcome the initial
''AAAAAAAAAAH!!! SERIAL COMMUNICATION!!! FLASHING FIRMWARE!!! A RMAGEDDDON!!!'' heebie-jeebies. Once you see what you can do with the USBasp interface, you'll probably only use the LCD to do occasional tweaks in the field anyways. Of course, it can be taken off; fortunately, HK made that part easy.

And my solution to the flopsy LCD was horribly low-tech, I'm afraid; after finding that the only thing actually holding the whole LCD and backlight thing ON the board was 2 solder joints and a strip of servo tape, getting crazy with making brackets seemed absurd, so I just hot-glued the tarhooties out of it. I found I had to run a careful bead across the entire top there where the black stripe is; that is silicone, so the hot glues wasn't interested in sticking. That, plus a thin strip across the top edge, and a gob on each of the feet on the backlight right at the PCB. When you see yours, you'll understand.

mnem
Are you serial?

Yah, the guy that does those viddys is actually quite amazing!

At the risk of sounding stoopid.....ahhhh what the h3ll! I'm almost fiddy.......can you expound on the above in red? In particular the "MFC's"

I reckon you are suggesting that USBasp is the interface du jour for all things cool??

Further (I hadn't really sat down and read the 1K pages of the KK2 forum (Now's as good a time as any I 'spose?) but I guess someone made a GUI for it?

Yeppers I figgered that you would have to give in on the LCD screen......there DOES reach a point of diminishing returns!

Well, I just finished the "Trouble with Tribbles" episode of the original Star Trek series. I guess Desilou productions in '67 must have used actual "film" in the production b/c it is AMAZING rez! Whereas wifeypoo is watching the JLP version and the rez is awful!!!

Time to hit the hay so's I can er "Fly" tomorrow!

All the best!

b

Old 07-09-2013, 09:00 PM
mnemennth

The Graphical User Interface is a generic term for the configuration software for whatever Multirotor Flight Controller (also a generic term) you may be using; the USBasp is the little dongle itself.

In a nutshell, The USBasp is this: a generic USB> Serial Adapter connected to an Atmel microprocessor which is itself flashed with a bootstrap program which allows it to load a firmware file into itself, then send that firmware file out over the ribbon cable to another Atmel microprocessor so it can be flashed with updated Firmware (The "OS" and "Application Software" of the controller combined into one big bit of code) which addresses bug-fixes and adds new functionality. The USBasp is the most popular "dongle" for programming Atmel microprocessors; the SiLabs Programming Stick is a similar device for their products, but you can even program a plain-jane Arduino to do the same thing for either family.

This interface can ALSOact as a serial communications "Bridge" to the processor's non-volatile memory or NVRAM (A tiny bit of solid-state "hard-drive" storage where things like your configuration settings for the MFC or in the case of my 9XR transmitter, where my actual model profiles are stored); so that things can be modified in an application, then "written" to the NVRAM so that the whole new configuration replaces the existing one. As soon as you reboot, the new settings are there. The GUI makes it all pretty transparent once you get the USBasp talking to your computer; it's just a matter of ticking off settings then clicking "Update" to send that to the MFC.

Most of them can even be programmed in a live setting, so you can be working on the thing on your bench and bench-test while observing live data from the MFC. The whole thing is a LOTlike using an OBDIIscanner on your car, only the people who make this stuff don't have to contend with car manufacturers trying to hide everything you want to work with.

mnem

Old 07-10-2013, 01:39 AM
Kozzy_98

To Simon and the rest of England...

Bring it on!

Cmon, Straya!!

*Straya being how many bogans pronounce Australia

** This is for the Ashes - A series of 5 test cricket matches between England and Australia.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:59 AM
rikybob

The Graphical User Interface is a generic term for the configuration software for whatever Multirotor Flight Controller (also a generic term) you may be using; the USBasp is the little dongle itself.

In a nutshell, The USBasp is this: a generic USB> Serial Adapter connected to an Atmel microprocessor which is itself flashed with a bootstrap program which allows it to load a firmware file into itself, then send that firmware file out over the ribbon cable to another Atmel microprocessor so it can be flashed with updated Firmware (The ''OS'' and ''Application Software'' of the controller combined into one big bit of code) which addresses bug-fixes and adds new functionality. The USBasp is the most popular ''dongle'' for programming Atmel microprocessors; the SiLabs Programming Stick is a similar device for their products, but you can even program a plain-jane Arduino to do the same thing for either family.

This interface can ALSO act as a serial communications ''Bridge'' to the processor's non-volatile memory or NVRAM (A tiny bit of solid-state ''hard-drive'' storage where things like your configuration settings for the MFC or in the case of my 9XR transmitter, where my actual model profiles are stored); so that things can be modified in an application, then ''written'' to the NVRAM so that the whole new configuration replaces the existing one. As soon as you reboot, the new settings are there. The GUI makes it all pretty transparent once you get the USBasp talking to your computer; it's just a matter of ticking off settings then clicking ''Update'' to send that to the MFC.

Most of them can even be programmed in a live setting, so you can be working on the thing on your bench and bench-test while observing live data from the MFC. The whole thing is a LOT like using an OBDII scanner on your car, only the people who make this stuff don't have to contend with car manufacturers trying to hide everything you want to work with.

mnem

[img][/img]

Morning Mnem!

Many thanx for the lesson. You are pretty good at it!

I think what threw me was something as simple as the "initialism" MFC in that I'm used to seeing it as an FC.

A very good explanation!

I've been an instructor for 25 years now and in addition to guest lecturing at our local university I instruct at a local academy.

There are two type of instructors.

1) Those who "Lord over" their students and bask in the fact that they have knowledge the little stupid minions don't OR

2) An instructor who has the innate ability to understand what it's like to be a student and gets gratification from being able to take complex knowledge and break it down in such a way that a normal human can understand it.

I fall into the latter rather than the former.

You do a pretty good job yourself.

Finishing up the 2nd cup-o-Joe and rolling to the field.

I'll apologize up front for the onslaught of blather yet to come!!![:@]

b

Old 07-10-2013, 03:16 AM
ahamay

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98
Bring it on!
Cmon, Straya!!
** This is for the Ashes - A series of 5 test cricket matches between England and Australia.
Hmm.... I never quite understood how two teams can play a game for 5 days straight and still end up with a draw.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:24 AM
ingleburn

Bring it on!
Cmon, Straya!!
Hmm.... I never quite understood how two teams can play a game for 5 days straight and still end up with a draw.
The same way someone can fly helis for 5 years and still go left then right then left. Sorry Brian couldnt help myself.
How about a flip.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:30 AM
ahamay

Bring it on!
Cmon, Straya!!
The same way someone can fly helis for 5 years and still go left then right then left. Sorry Brian couldnt help myself.
How about a flip.
Bahahahah.... thanks...... you just brightened up a somewhat ****ty day

Old 07-10-2013, 03:31 AM
ahamay

I'm not sure if this one's for Ingleburn or rb

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQBwB6AwdS8&feature=em-uploademail[/youtube]
Old 07-10-2013, 03:36 AM
ingleburn

I'm not sure if this one's for Ingleburn or rb

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQBwB6AwdS8&feature=em-uploademail[/youtube]
One thought.
Brian is going to have a brain explosion.
Where do you find this stuff. Havent you got a baby to look after.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:49 AM
Edmund2

And I am having one of those ****ty days myself. Guys, Idid not know so many people were born with dunce hats permanently attached to their rear endswhere they supposedly do their thinking from. Days like this I'd rather be on pension and flying whenever I feel like doing it.

Nice looking Blade above, just what me, I and myself need to buy with the tax return. then again the plane bought with last year's tax returnmoney is still lost somewhere.

Time to go for a beer.

Edmund

Old 07-10-2013, 04:50 AM
ahamay

ok... so here's 3 things..... 1. A cool mobius video. 2. Real FPV........ and 3. A peak at my backyard

Best in HD full screen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jafBVrzB0VA

Old 07-10-2013, 06:53 AM
mnemennth

Morning Mnem!

Many thanx for the lesson. You are pretty good at it!

I think what threw me was something as simple as the "initialism" MFC in that I'm used to seeing it as an FC.

A very good explanation!

I've been an instructor for 25 years now and in addition to guest lecturing at our local university I instruct at a local academy.

There are two type of instructors.

1) Those who "Lord over" their students and bask in the fact that they have knowledge the little stupid minions don't OR

2) An instructor who has the innate ability to understand what it's like to be a student and gets gratification from being able to take complex knowledge and break it down in such a way that a normal human can understand it.

I fall into the latter rather than the former.

You do a pretty good job yourself.

Finishing up the 2nd cup-o-Joe and rolling to the field.

I'll apologize up front for the onslaught of blather yest to come!!![:@]

b

Well... thanks for the com-pliment, though I've never felt I was a very good TEACHer; I've always been a DOer. I am not a Technician, I am a Mechanic and proud of it; a man with the talent for working with machines, whatever kind of machine they may be. Sometimes I can get the knowledge I have out in words; other times... well, there's the difference between the Science of mechanicking and the Art of it. The Science you can pass along simply enough; the Art is... well, it's a gestalt that exists really only in the head of a mechanic, comprised of all his/her experience.

The reason this is important is not the basics like this; here the simple linear Scientific Approach works best. It's when you get into complex systems that the Art of mechanicking comes into play; in order to understand a problem, you need to be able to make an intuitive leap which requires all that previous experience. THAT is what I usually have a very hard time passing along; I've always felt it was a shortcoming on my part that I couldn't.

Bring it on!
Cmon, Straya!!
Seriously? I was thinking more like "After beating the snot outta each other for 5 days straight, how could it possibly end up in anything BUT a draw?"

ok... so here's 3 things..... 1. A cool mobius video. 2. Real FPV........ and 3. A peak at my backyard

Best in HD full screen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jafBVrzB0VA

Awww dude... you live on the coast? Ya lucky git. And now I'm just even MORE excited about my Mobius. *Kix the internet*

mnem

Learning is remembering what you already know.
Doing is demonstrating that you know it.
Teaching is reminding others that they know as well as you do.

We are all Learners, Doers,
Teachers.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Ddaddy

ORIGINAL: Edmund2Days like this I'd rather be on pension and flying whenever I feel like doing it.

+1

Time to go for a beer.

+15

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.