Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

CARF Eurosport setup

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

CARF Eurosport setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 04:49 AM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Default CARF Eurosport setup

Intending to maiden flight this Saturday. Could an experienced Eurosport pilot please pass on their setup for throws, expo for canards and elevons? And anything different for landing configuration?

Used Search but it doesn't give me what I need. Thanks Dom
Old 07-11-2013, 05:24 AM
EDFCrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CARF Eurosport setup

Dom, tried calling you last night...

these are pretty much what i used

Elevators: 45mm ‘UP’ and 35mm ‘DOWN’.
Elevons: 30mm ‘UP’ and ‘DOWN’.
Rudder: 40 mm both sides.
30mm Trailing edge ‘Down’ mixed with ‘UP’ elevator

CG just a bit back from where they recommend(540mm) mine was around 560mm

Simon
Old 07-11-2013, 07:31 AM
DominicM

Thanks Simon...much appreciated. Will provide details of the maiden fright early next week. Cheers - Dom
Old 07-11-2013, 08:31 AM
Karsten022

Dom,

the throws of Simon are ok. But I would change the Settings just a Little for the first flights. The ES is very agile on the Elevons. I fly mine with the throw of +-25 mm. I have also 50% Expo on all functions.

Good luck for maiden,

Best regards,
Karsten
Old 07-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Is the change in CG a generally accepted one?
Doing my maiden soon too
Old 07-12-2013, 10:04 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I would stick with the factory CG position for the first flight and move back gradually. Get it dialled in first. At the rearward CFG position it is extremely agile but it can "hunt" a little in high speed passes. A switch to mix the canards in and out is useful, so that you switch them out for blast down the runway. This smooths things out.
A little down canard for take off and landing is useful. Does much the same as flap. 5 or 6mm is usually enough.
You probably do not have enough rudder movement!
Get as much as you can because it is a really importnat control on this machine, vector point rolls, stall turns, and really flat skidding turns are all good fun with enough rudder movement and a powerful servo.
Great model,
Have fun.
John
Old 07-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

If you want a Eurosport that rolls axial, balance at factory position (with CARF tanks) make the canards 2-3mm negative (down) to the factory position, you will fly with around 1mm reflex (up) on the elevons. Like this it rolls the best, not around the fuselage chine.
Also aileron movement wants a slight negative expo, so 3mm more down aileron to up aileron on roll. 50% more expo on ailerons than elevator (pitch) for balanced feel.

Either way the Euro is not going to bite you

Dave
Old 07-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Jannica

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Just lost my Eurosport due to faulty radio set up, all my own fault. On the first flight I set it up according to the manual and found it to be a bit to agile on the ailerons. That was without any expo at all so for the second flight I put in 30%, just as stated in the manual. Only thing was I did it the wrong way so I made it hypersensitive around neutral instead of calming it down. It went totally crazy and hit the deck after the longest 2 minute flight I ever had. It was a total loss. **** happens. I miss it already. Maybe I am going to order a new one. So, I think you can stick to the recommendation in the manual if you also put in some expo on those big elevons. But do it right and check your set up carefully. I wish you all the luck with your maiden.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:05 AM
DominicM

3 flights today and all fairly uneventful although had to belly land on grass for the final. Certainly an easier jet to fly than the Futura but has a tendency to drop the nose in the turns. Any recommendations there or just have to deal with that on the sticks? Landings are awesome with this thing...down on high alpha and blip the throttle to level out and touch down. Intending to be get Tam's TV pipe at the end of the month to spice it up a bit.

Thanks for all the input guys. Great jet to fly.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:41 PM
Signofinfinity

Old thread, but any updates on the control setups?
Namely for takeoff and landing.

Anyone got an some file for spektrum Dx18 to check out?

Thanks all in advance.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:12 AM
Ceeray

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

If someone needs I have a spare single exhaust and twin single walled IQ hammer pipe, with steel exhausts (petals ..)
Old 11-18-2019, 09:24 AM
helifox

Hi to all,
I`ll be very appreciated for information where is possible to by a befurcated trust pipe for CARF Eurosport.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:01 AM
Ceeray

Originally Posted by helifox
Hi to all,
I`ll be very appreciated for information where is possible to by a befurcated trust pipe for CARF Eurosport.
I Might have one spare.. IQ hammer made , single wall.

New one from Grumania is good.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:17 AM
skymaster68
My Feedback: (4)

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Anyone running a single fuel tank in the Eurosprts?
Old 11-19-2019, 09:37 AM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

I was using single fuel tanks, one larger one glued to the culling under the speed break area and no scale inlets in my 3D carf version.
Old 11-20-2019, 05:00 AM
helifox

One more question:
The manual says the canard should deploy opposite of elevator- elevator UP - canard goes down at the trailing edge, but some of my friends use different scheme elevator UP - canard UP at trailing edge on CARF J-10.
What do you think about on Eurosport? Do anybody use these scheme?
Old 11-20-2019, 06:36 AM
Agrav8ed

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by helifox
One more question:
The manual says the canard should deploy opposite of elevator- elevator UP - canard goes down at the trailing edge, but .some of my friends use different scheme elevator UP - canard UP at trailing edge on CARF J-10
What do you think about on Eurosport? Do anybody use these scheme?
"some of my friends use different scheme elevator UP - canard UP at trailing edge on CARF J-10"

I have flown different J10's in the past. How does this actually work. It's been my experience that the canards always go the opposite of elevators. Having them go the same direction seems like a recipe for disaster.
Tone
Old 11-20-2019, 07:36 AM
helifox

Originally Posted by Agrav8ed
"some of my friends use different scheme elevator UP - canard UP at trailing edge on CARF J-10"

I have flown different J10's in the past. How does this actually work. It's been my experience that the canards always go the opposite of elevators. Having them go the same direction seems like a recipe for disaster.
Tone
I think there is nothing to disaster, so you move stick to climb- elevator goes UP (for example 30 mm), the canards (trailing edge) goes UP just 10-15 mm, to do aircraft not so agile, as they advised me.
Also Dave Wilshere advised to set canard neutral position 2-3 mm negative (leading edge down), not parallel with panel line (as manual suggest).
I haven`t any experience with delta yet, does it why i`m asking.

Last edited by helifox; 11-20-2019 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:13 AM
sysiek

watch the video for the setting,this is gripen the only difference is that the eurofighter using much less canards no more than 1-1.5 cm from center up-down ,I have the same setup on my scale eurofighter but not using the landing mode no need for this jet.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:19 AM
sysiek

this is the eurofighter original fiber classic and it’s about 25 years old has at least 1000-1200 flights and still working great with full landing control.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:32 AM
sysiek

The gear doors hinge broke and child the gear to open ,make sure guys when you using smoke oil to inspect the plastic hinges they going soft and brakes they going to some reaction with the oil and going bad and soft or use the aluminum ones , the jet is much heavier than carf this one is 38lbs dry and the carf usually stays from 24 to 28 depends on the setup.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:44 AM
Ceeray

Mine is gen 2 with TV and fully fueled 16 7kg.
flies nice with wren 200 XBL